Murray: I rejected board offer

SteveJ

What he actually said was "albeit I have my private thoughts as to certain individuals that might add value to the club going forward".

So yes you are missing the point by some distance. :pipe:

Of course I have doh

Mensa must be gutted they missed out on you!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I don't know what the legal rights and wrongs of the arguments are.

I don't know which side is telling the truth, I suspect neither of them.

What I do know is PM and TBK had their chance two years ago to put up their money and didn't.

Jim McColl has said publicly he won't invest heavily in our club, we have to suspect minico do not have the money to put in the investment needed to take the club forward. So where does that leave us.

You don't have to invest to be a good director. Investors who hold at least 28% of the shares want PM to help manage their investment. Now it appears DK does as well.

mccoll and king can back PM all they want, unless they stump up cold hard cash then imo their backing means fuck all, again i'll say that all the big talkers and guys who supposedly know whats best for the club havent opened their wallets once since we went into admin (i know king couldnt and lost 20mill the first time, he gets a stay of execution for now)

Why do they need to put their hand in their pocket if the current shareholders back them at the AGM?

Also, do you really think they should pay millions for shares to for the money to go into the pockets of investors or would you rather it goes directly into the club.

You don't have to invest to be a good director. Investors who hold at least 28% of the shares want PM to help manage their investment. Now it appears DK does as well.

Well we know Dave lost 20 mill the last time he trusted a Murray and can therefore remove his judgement, where RFC are concerned.

As to the rest Paul Murray should ave done the honourable thing and stepped aside and let blin enter the board. He didn't.

I will be watching him and his, and bains, vimcast company very, very carefully.

Why do they need to put their hand in their pocket if the current shareholders back them at the AGM?

Also, do you really think they should pay millions for shares to for the money to go into the pockets of investors or would you rather it goes directly into the club.

unfortunately not all the shareholders need to back them, there is massive potential for our club to be split so badly that it will never recover UNLESS someone buys out the shareholders

if mccoll and king want certain people on the board, then they can buy out the shareholders and install their men in the club, imagine we get a new CEO that had 51% of shareholders wanting him in, the other 49% clearly dont, this could cripple our club big time as the infighting will never end

EH? Mather wanted mini but only without McColl?

A place on the bheasts board would be more suitable for murray if he is gonna slaver pish like that.

Y'see this is what doesn't make sense. McColl as far as I can see isn't even in the equation. He's already stated he doesn't want a place on the board and that he's not going to invest.

For all the guys who were on the board with SDM what the f*** were you actually doing ?

We keep hearing about Rangers best interests and men of principles. If that were true those must have been some very stormy board meetings.

Funny thing is the only storm was probably over who got the last chocolate

because thats how it works, using that logic why should i pay money to Tescos for food when i could give it to charity instead? So shall i steal food from Tescos and if i get arrested use your logic that the moneys much better off going to charity than Tescos? Im sure I'll get away with that. If you want to buy something you make a offer of cash to the people who own it, and how do you know this money will go to Rangers? Because mini says so? Im going to need much better proof than that before i believe you.

because thats how it works, using that logic why should i pay money to Tescos for food when i could give it to charity instead? So shall i steal food from Tescos and if i get arrested use your logic that the moneys much better off going to charity than Tescos? Im sure I'll get away with that. If you want to buy something you make a offer of cash to the people who own it, and how do you know this money will go to Rangers? Because mini says so? Im going to need much better proof than that before i believe you.

It's not about believing me, I'm not the one with the cash.

King has said it himself.

Y'see this is what doesn't make sense. McColl as far as I can see isn't even in the equation. He's already stated he doesn't want a place on the board and that he's not going to invest.

What it means is Mather wanted to offer PM a role if he dropped the court hearing to force a shareholders vote at the AGM. Further analysis could suggest such actions are from a man who is worried his lucrative job is going to be short lived.

I agree.

So it sounds like another lie from Mini.

Or at the very least, his heavily spun version of the truth.

That's not how it works.

If the majority of shareholders want to give Joe Bloggs a job as Chairman, they offer him the job. The vote at the AGM is the interview process.

For all the guys who were on the board with SDM what the f*** were you actually doing ?

We keep hearing about Rangers best interests and men of principles. If that were true those must have been some very stormy board meetings.

Funny thing is the only storm was probably over who got the last chocolate

They cared more about hanging onto their blazers than speaking out against sdm or cm, to the point they they had to be kicked off the board before they spoke out. Even then when AJ and mini were punted, it was AJ who was vocal in telling us that whyte wasn't to be trusted.

Mini said next to fuck all.

Im not talking about King im talking about mini and McColl, thats the exact same argument they made a couple of months ago when this requsition was first made.

Ok.

As I see it neither Murray and McColl particularly want to invest huge sums of cash, they just don't want to see Rangers run into the ground.

28%+ of shareholders think Murray, Murray, Wilson and Murdoch are the right people to manage the club affairs because they are worried that we aren't being run properly.

The fact the current board were so against them getting a fair vote is what worries me the most and how more than 50% of shareholders could contemplate voting for Mather or Stockbridge now is beyond me after today's hearing.

I agree.

So it sounds like another lie from Mini.

Or at the very least, his heavily spun version of the truth.

There is no lie. King suggested to Mather and Stockbridge that they should offer PM a place on the Board. Mather and Stockbridge accepted King's advice but decided to make the offer conditional on PM abandoning the court case. PM did not want to jettison his fellow Requisitioners so he declined the offer.

What it means is Mather wanted to offer PM a role if he dropped the court hearing to force a shareholders vote at the AGM. Further analysis could suggest such actions are from a man who is worried his lucrative job is going to be short lived.

Or the actions of a man offering a compromise (wrongly IMO) so the club could continue to move forward as quick and painless as possible, bearing in mind Mather previously tried compromise before with Blin.

Personally I don't know what the legal rights and wrongs of the arguments are.

I don't know which side is telling the truth, I suspect neither of them.

What I do know is PM and TBK had their chance two years ago to put up their money and didn't.

Jim McColl has said publicly he won't invest heavily in our club, we have to suspect minico do not have the money to put in the investment needed to take the club forward. So where does that leave us.

Why should they put Money in They want the Club for nothing.

That much is obvious.

There is no lie. King suggested to Mather and Stockbridge that they should offer PM a place on the Board. Mather and Stockbridge accepted King's advice but decided to make the offer conditional on PM abandoning the court case. PM did not want to jettison his fellow Requisitioners so he declined the offer.

:lol: nice one !

He'll ride on the coat tails of any cunt to get that blazer as he has proved continuously for the last 2 years.

Says mini.

He claims they wanted him, but not McColl?

McColl has said a few times that he doesn't want a seat on the board.

Pish from mini as usual

Did he say McColl, from the interview I heard he was talking about MM and the other two chaps who will be put forward for election.