Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Diablo 3 arrived today... that's me sorted until FIFA comes out now!

Mine didn't arrive, pissed off but i suppose it's bound to happen eventually as Royal Mail are incompetent at the best of times.

You really should get Metro Redux. It's 2 metro games all remastered with all dlc for only like 30 quid.

Looks the biz.

Not forgetting Destiny at the start of next month too. Really looking forward to the next few months. Gonna pick up Playstation Tv aswell so i don't have to lug my ps4 from the bedroom to living room all the time.

Mine didn't arrive, pissed off but i suppose it's bound to happen eventually as Royal Mail are incompetent at the best of times.

You really should get Metro Redux. It's 2 metro games all remastered with all dlc for only like 30 quid.

Looks the biz.

Not forgetting Destiny at the start of next month too. Really looking forward to the next few months. Gonna pick up Playstation Tv aswell so i don't have to lug my ps4 from the bedroom to living room all the time.

Had Metro 2033 on the PC, didn't really like it. Never tried last light but i don't hold much hope.. Might pick up the redux package when it's under a tenner.

Was going to get Destiny but i think i'm over it.. might give in closer to the time but right now i'm going to wait for the reviews first. .

Is the Silent Hills demo on the PSN? I couldn't find it last night :lol:

Playing through The Last of Us on PS4, loving every minute of it just as I did on the PS3. Haven't bought PlayStation+ yet - I'll wait till I've completed it.

Fucking loving this machine. Had a couple of hours on Watchdogs but think that's out the window for a couple of weeks while I play Wolfensein which I started this morning and is epic. So good to see a fps which concentrates on having a good single player for a change. Will probably delve into psn + later . Any recommendations for free cheap games in there?

Fucking loving this machine. Had a couple of hours on Watchdogs but think that's out the window for a couple of weeks while I play Wolfensein which I started this morning and is epic. So good to see a fps which concentrates on having a good single player for a change. Will probably delve into psn + later . Any recommendations for free cheap games in there?

i would recommend outlast mate,scary as fuck.few of the lads on here still haven't managed to complete it yet :D also if you haven't played the last of us,i would make that my next purchase,i had it for ps3,but it looks gorgeous on ps4.

i would recommend outlast mate,scary as fuck.few of the lads on here still haven't managed to complete it yet :D also if you haven't played the last of us,i would make that my next purchase,i had it for ps3,but it looks gorgeous on ps4.

Will give outlast a shot, had a wee look and looks like my kind of game :) had the Last of Us for ps3 and can't justify the outlay for a game I've already completed. Might give it another blast when the price comes down a bit.

Will give outlast a shot, had a wee look and looks like my kind of game :) had the Last of Us for ps3 and can't justify the outlay for a game I've already completed. Might give it another blast when the price comes down a bit.

Make sure you play Outlast late at night once everyone is in bed with the headphones cranked right up.

Fuck the headphones.

Get it turned right up and the surround sound on, nothing beats it.

I've got a 2 grand surround sound and trust me unless your listening at insane volume levels it's no where near as freaky as the headphones (Although a good set of headphones and amp is also a must)

I've got a 2 grand surround sound and trust me unless your listening at insane volume levels it's no where near as freaky as the headphones.

I disagree.

Nothing beats surround sound when playing or watching these kinds of things.

Screams and creaks coming directly behind you then to the side, fucking outstanding.

Headphones are pretty pish I find.

Think you need to get a better sound system.

(tu)

Home Cinema with titan telesto speakers and mini p8 sub, couple PN’s too.

As I said get a better system if you think headphones give a better experience. Of course if your flat/house is really close to others might not be an option but I don't have that problem thankfully :D

I'll ask my mate about that system above, he works with Earthquakesound and fitted most of my stuff, said it was some of the best going at the time (last Christmas).

Tried a few headphones (no Idea what ones) but unless folk are in the house with me I'd never use them. No point spending a few hundred quid on them if your system is decent enough IMO, unless you have money to burn.

You dont know what you bought? Outlast should only be played when everyone is in bed playing at high volumes for most people would be a no no, And with great headphones and a good amp your laughing.

I didn't buy any earphones, I said I had tried a few but they were nothing special.

For me the best expierence playing games or watching films is with the surround sound kicking in, only really play the games when everyone is out anyway...only chance I get to.

I didn't buy any earphones, I said I had tried a few but they were nothing special.

For me the best expierence playing games or watching films is with the surround sound kicking in, only really play the games when everyone is out anyway...only chance I get to.

It's defo the best but Outlast should only be played very late at night and into the small hours...The sound you would get with a good set of headphones through a good Amp you would need to have the Surround sound at insane levels for the same effect...Most people would not be able to do it...My Neighbours a block away would be coming to hunt me down.

It's defo the best but Outlast should only be played very late at night and into the small hours...The sound you would get with a good set of headphones through a good Amp you would need to have the Surround sound at insane levels for the same effect...Most people would not be able to do it...My Neighbours a block away would be coming to hunt me down.

Outlast is the one game I'd say it works really well for, atmospheric type games and of course the Silent Hill demo.

Football games not so much as the commentary is dire and repetitive I find while Battlefield is just too loud!

On another note I got a copy of UFC a few days ago and it's a dire game! It seems to have hardly any modes (main one is pretty poor) or far less than I remember on last gen.

Actually has me worried for career mode now, was hoping for a revamp.