Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Is the HDD in the PS4 small?

I've no idea on the issue tbh, but with the amount of games and downloads for it coming soon I'll need to understand this a bit better.

Has a 500gb HDD, but the actual storage size is 407gb.

This is some of the install sizes for games currently out.

Last of Us Remastered: 50gb

Wolfenstein: 43.6gb

MLB - The Show: 37gb

Killzone: 38.2gb

COD: 31.8gb

Battlefield 4: 36.4gb (not including DLC)

Knack: 34.6gb

NBA 2K14: 41.8gb

So you can see how fast it can fill up, especially when you throw DLC, updates, demos, apps and media content into the mix.

Personally 500gb is fine for me.. I don't buy digitally and i tend to uninstall games when i'm finished with them. However if you buy all your games digitally or just like to have all of your disc based games installed, a biger HDD is a must.

Cheers.

Hope it's easy enough to do, although I will need to delete saved games that I've traded in. Will be a youtube effort

I don't remember ever running out of space in my PS3 thankfully.

Part of the problem is on the new consoles you need to install the game off the disc making the disc quite pointless after that,on the old consoles you just needed a disc and off you went no waiting around an hour before you can play a new game you just forked out 50 quid for.

Sold the last of us for £32 on ebay. Made a wee profit since i only paid £9.99!

Good game, best game of the last gen..? nah!

Still not got it yet but I couldn't get into it on the PS3 so not sure it's worth it for me.

Thinking I should wait the month or 2 till games like FIFA ect turn up.

Just spent £200 on games on Tesco Direct. Though i did get a good deal! (£32 staff discount + £10 voucher + £85 of clubcard vouchers)

FIFA 15

Diablo 3

Assassin's Creed Unity

Shadow of Mordor

Dragon Age: Inquisition

WWE 2K15

Lords of the Fallen

May cancel my pre-orders for WWE 2K15 and Shadow of Mordor.. still too many games that i want. Gone from nothing to play to everything..

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-sony-outlines-ps4-firmware-20-share-play

This 'SharePlay' looks good, means you can play a game with a mate as long as one of you own the game. Could be a way to try both Pro Evo and FIFA for example before choosing which one to buy yourself.

"However, the biggest feature is SharePlay. SharePlay is a way for you and your friends to play the same game virtually, no matter where you are. If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game. From the sound of it, this could be pretty major."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-sony-outlines-ps4-firmware-20-share-play

This 'SharePlay' looks good, means you can play a game with a mate as long as one of you own the game. Could be a way to try both Pro Evo and FIFA for example before choosing which one to buy yourself.

"However, the biggest feature is SharePlay. SharePlay is a way for you and your friends to play the same game virtually, no matter where you are. If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game. From the sound of it, this could be pretty major."

Sounds very interesting, IF it works like it's put there then it's a major coup for Sony.

More good news for Sony..

The PlayStation 4 has passed its most important sales milestone so far, with worldwide sales still double that of the Xbox One.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/12/ps4-worldwide-sales-hit-10-million-xbox-one-on-5-million-4830599/

I find it odd that MS still has only been able to release in 12 countries compared to over 30 for Sony, Sony were well and truly on the ball with the console this time round.

Why is that though?

Both will sell a ton this christmas though, cheaper deals with a wider range of games will see to that.

Why is that though?

Both will sell a ton this christmas though, cheaper deals with a wider range of games will see to that.

I don't know, but Germany has became a bit of a supply hub for the tier 2 countries in Europe.. (Denmark, Switzerland, Greece and so on as the Xbox one isn't released in those countries until September.) Even with all those countries importing from Germany, Xbox One sales are still miles behind PS4 there.

Naturally a lot of people will be just waiting rather than importing from a nearby country..but i can't see it making the dent MS want.

I've came so close to buying one on several occasions but always back out. Though i reckon i'll give in and pick one up when Quantum Break releases!