Challenge from Hearts next season?

charlesblue

I think Hearts will be looking at mid-table next season with the team they have. If they somehow manage to get money behind them and somehow make a few credible signings then they may end up like a Dunermline of this season and could regain promotion via the playoffs but, realistically we have far too many resources to realistically look at a worrying challenger.

Also, I think if we apply ourselves properly in this and the summer transfer windows we could actually win promotion quicker than this year. Dunfermline this year are without a shadow of a doubt a step above what the rest of the league has to offer and that's why they are favourites for second however, we're still 17 points ahead.

In Division 1 (Championship) all of the teams are FAR more equal and they will drop more points between them. That will, i presume work very much in our favor.

I am looking forward to next season very much, not because all the teams we play are mostly central-belt but because the stadiums and atmosphere will return to an SPL-type standard and, being honest...I miss having proper banter with supporters of teams that aren't part time.

Forgive me if I am wrong, playoffs, Championship? (one up one down?).

Even if they finish second its a futher year in the Championship at least.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is nobody at all worried about us having to cost cut, ie letting players go? Performances over the past couple of seasons have at times been anything but convincing and the thought of trying to take on a couple of squads capable of beating us next year is quite scary. Hope the books get balanced without affecting on pitch activity too much, then we should be comfortable winners

Considering costs have to be cut everywhere, this will include top level cuts, and so we won't have to cut all our money from the playing staff's budget.

Also, I can't think of any first team regulars (aside from Peralta - if he is a regular) who would be let go, although I may be wrong.

It's useless getting us financially healthy if it means we're playing shit football, it's a false economy, and I think our CEO will see that.

I think we will make the necessary cuts, will keep a healthy squad, and will reduce the managers budget for buying new players until we are in a position to do so, where the new players will lead us to a position where we will attract investment to recompense for the money spent.

Forgive me if I am wrong, playoffs, Championship? (one up one down?).

Even if they finish second its a futher year in the Championship at least.

If they finish second in the Championship, they go into a playoff against 2nd 3rd and 4th and the winner of those ties plays the 11th team of the current SPFL. Next season with luck they may be able to get that.

I actual think thee cost cutting won't affect the regular starters, it be more like players like Sheils,temps, cribari and what not, plus ally will be told I think that one of Durrant or McDowell needs to go, to save wages and get a scouting system. Hearts fans think they will be handed millions to spend on players but it be more like the foh will be looking at consolidating what they have and look to get up on the cheap

Is nobody at all worried about us having to cost cut, ie letting players go? Performances over the past couple of seasons have at times been anything but convincing and the thought of trying to take on a couple of squads capable of beating us next year is quite scary. Hope the books get balanced without affecting on pitch activity too much, then we should be comfortable winners

It is quite simple, Ally and his management team only has to take wage cuts, that should be fine as he's done it before? If the board are on the same kind of wages as McCoist then they will have to be cut.

Then we get rid of players like, Cribiri, Smith, Foster Peralta etc.....Rangers also need to start looking at whats going to happen with Lee McCulloch who is now 35 he will be 36 in May by the time we get into the SPL he will be 37. And he's one of our highest earners.

He isn't going to get any better. If Bids come in For Wallace then we try and get as much as we can for him.

No one wants to get rid of him but everyone knows he is the best player we have next to Law and Macleod.

But out of they 2 Wallace is the most likely player other clubs will come in for and Nottingham Forrest have already offered £1million for him he'll be away sooner rather than later.

I think Hearts will stabilize next season and finish mid table, you'd imagine they'll lose a few of their better players when they're relegated.

We should win the league comfortably next season, be interesting to see our transfer activity this summer mind you (tu)

It is quite simple, Ally and his management team only has to take wage cuts, that should be fine as he's done it before? If the board are on the same kind of wages as McCoist then they will have to be cut.

Then we get rid of players like, Cribiri, Smith, Foster Peralta etc.....Rangers also need to start looking at whats going to happen with Lee McCulloch who is now 35 he will be 36 in May by the time we get into the SPL he will be 37. And he's one of our highest earners.

He isn't going to get any better. If Bids come in For Wallace then we try and get as much as we can for him.

Agree with everything apart from this.

I don't disagree that getting the highest price we can for Wallace should be an option, but I'm not sure how I feel about letting our star player go.

Then again, we should be getting into the mentality of recruiting players, getting them up to a high standard, and selling them on for profit.

That's basically the spine of our team gone... McCulloch is still a very important player despite his age, and I'm sure as a real bluenose he knows himself that as soon as we get back to the top he'll have served his duty. We can't let Wallace go in my opinion, he's far and away the best left back in Scotland

Everyone club in Scottish football is going to cut costs next season not just Rangers.

- Still no league sponser.

- No Hivs vs Hearts, no Rangers vs them next season for sky (No doubt a cut in tv money coming soon for all clubs)

- Several spl clubs will go into admin soon as well.

Suspect it's going to be a record low transfer window next summer in Scotland and any player worth his salt in the spl wil be heading to the championship/league one in England.

I actual think thee cost cutting won't affect the regular starters, it be more like players like Sheils,temps, cribari and what not, plus ally will be told I think that one of Durrant or McDowell needs to go, to save wages and get a scouting system. Hearts fans think they will be handed millions to spend on players but it be more like the foh will be looking at consolidating what they have and look to get up on the cheap

I think it will be Durrant that goes if he had to pick. I don't know what he does? What ih point of Kenny McDowell if Durrant is there?

I even spotted Gordon Durie on in the dug out today along with McCoist, Durrant and Kenny McDowell.

If they finish second in the Championship, they go into a playoff against 2nd 3rd and 4th and the winner of those ties plays the 11th team of the current SPFL. Next season with luck they may be able to get that.

Cheers Kanjo, looking at the perm table its not quite clear, however I still think at least a two season stint is likely for them in the Championship.

Everyone club in Scottish football is going to cut costs next season not just Rangers.

- Still no league sponser.

- No Hivs vs Hearts, no Rangers vs them next season for sky (No doubt a cut in tv money coming soon for all clubs)

- Several spl clubs will go into admin soon as well.

Suspect it's going to be a record low transfer window next summer in Scotland and any player worth his salt in the spl wil be heading to the championship/league one in England.

What makes you think this?

That's basically the spine of our team gone... McCulloch is still a very important player despite his age, and I'm sure as a real bluenose he knows himself that as soon as we get back to the top he'll have served his duty. We can't let Wallace go in my opinion, he's far and away the best left back in Scotland

We are in the shite and i think alot of fans are forgetting this already because everything is going good on the results side of things.

If Rangers were dealing in normal circumstances then i would agree we can't let him go but, if a bid of say 3million was to come in we have to.

What makes you think this?

Surprise teams like Killie St Johnsonte and Motherwell aren't already. Have you see the amount of people that turn up to watch them? There is more people at the Iran Bru carnival. And there crowds haven't been that great even when we were int he SPL.

How do these clubs afford there bills, stewarding and police on matchdays and paying there players every week?

They wont be able to sign anyone until they come out of Admin. I haven't heard anything in a while as to when that is likely to happen. Anyone know?

Heard Billy brown moaning about this. Saying that this rule should be scrapped as hearts will be forced to play players at 15 and they won't able to compete etc.......... He was also moaning about "sporting integrity" saying it will hold hearts back etc......

Where is the SFA with there fines and "bringing the game into disrepute" charges for him?

I'm sure McCoist and Charles Green said something similar when we got our transfer ban and there was an outrage about it from the SFA. And i'm sure McCoist and Green got pulled up for these comments and charged.

Surprise teams like Killie St Johnsonte and Motherwell aren't already. Have you see the amount of people that turn up to watch them? There is more people at the Iran Bru carnival. And there crowds haven't been that great even when we were int he SPL.

How do these clubs afford there bills, stewarding and police on matchdays and paying there players every week?

St Johnstone are a pretty well run club living within their means

One of my mates' dad is high up in BDO and he gets a lot of inside info on Hearts, their CVA has been accepted by UBIG and they're basically waiting on FOH to get control of the club. Only question which really remains is whether or not that'll be before next season, ie to avoid a deduction, and whether or not FOH will be able to bankroll signings with their debit card pledges

One of my mates' dad is high up in BDO and he gets a lot of inside info on Hearts, their CVA has been accepted by UBIG and they're basically waiting on FOH to get control of the club. Only question which really remains is whether or not that'll be before next season, ie to avoid a deduction, and whether or not FOH will be able to bankroll signings with their debit card pledges

I would think this way is just as dodgy as having Romanov run your club. These people are just normal supporters with a couple of MSPS helping them out.

They will get sick of putting money into Hearts and seeing nothing in return ie Trophies and European football.