Woosah!

TheQueensEleven

"This is more of a conceptual discussion about the possibility of some sort of reduction to see if such a plan would be supported by the players"

To be honest that statement worries me. "Conceptual discussion about the possibility of some sort of" ?

Why was that kind of vague nonsense even admitted, never mind allowing it to be broadcast outside of Ibrox. And why was it not immediately dismissed officially. Don't forget the club is dealing with professional footballers and they're very astute and able agents here.

Very unprofessional.

To be fair, to me it just sounds like you're going out your way to find something to moan about.

he's being vague, because it was vague discussions. There was nothing official offered to players. He was gauging their feelings and response to the possibility of a cut. Absolutely nothing wrong with this or unprofessional about it.

To be fair, to me it just sounds like you're going out your way to find something to moan about.

he's being vague, because it was vague discussions. There was nothing official offered to players. He was gauging their feelings and response to the possibility of a cut. Absolutely nothing wrong with this or unprofessional about it.

Just saying it's not been handled well.

According to Ally he and Wallace met with Jig, put the idea to him Jig discussed it with the squad they decided they didnt agree with it and so we move on. Not the D&P type protracted negotiations and arguments of two years ago, nothing of the sort in fact. My concern is who leaked it to the bbc, that was something that should have stayed private until Rangers decided to announce it, not be leaked by a player or agent looking to put us under pressure to sell quickly and cheaply.

Selling Lee Wallace would be absolutely the wrong thing to do, he is our best player by a country mile and his sale alone may well result in a huge dip in season books, less people attending also equals less match day revenue, it would make no business sense whatsoever imho.

Players come and go. Basing whether or not you buy a season ticket on a certain player being sold or not is wrong in my opinion.

It would be disappointing to see him go, but I think it's something a lot of fans have thought about at some point, he's clearly too good for these lower leagues.

Selling Lee Wallace would be absolutely the wrong thing to do, he is our best player by a country mile and his sale alone may well result in a huge dip in season books, less people attending also equals less match day revenue, it would make no business sense whatsoever imho.

A small cut in wages across the board makes more sense

But that's obviously a non starter now

Players come and go. Basing whether or not you buy a season ticket on a certain player being sold or not is wrong in my opinion.

It would be disappointing to see him go, but I think it's something a lot of fans have thought about at some point, he's clearly too good for these lower leagues.

We aint there for much longer, extreme short sightedness imo.

roll up roll up to the Smith and Foster show,that gets the juices flowing eh!

Mr Brightside - 15% is not a small cut. As I postedon another thread, I would not be at all surprised if a 5% cut is eventually agreed. pcbear - have you read all the posts saying we do not need experienced players to win these leagues? Just proves that fan ownership would be a disaster.

We aint there for much longer, extreme short sightedness imo.

roll up roll up to the Smith and Foster show,that gets the juices flowing eh!

Unfortunately they need to be shortsighted. They're making the finances stable as quickly as possible. With Smith there as cover for Wallace and his sale preventing the cutting of wages, it makes sense from a financial point of view.

It's clearly not ideal or what fans want, but I'd rather ensure the club has the finances to be run efficiently than hold on to one player.

If it's for the betterment of the club I don't mind.

Mr Brightside - 15% is not a small cut. As I postedon another thread, I would not be at all surprised if a 5% cut is eventually agreed. pcbear - have you read all the posts saying we do not need experienced players to win these leagues? Just proves that fan ownership would be a disaster.

Fan ownership will never happen why bring it up? have I read the posts? yes till fuckin crosseyed, so next August we will be caught short again back in the SPL.

Lee is going nowhere mate.

And he certainly is Worth more than that.

3.5 - 4 mil easy.

What he's worth and what we'd get for him are two completely different things. Other clubs will see us as trying to cut costs and will offer low amounts for him in the hope that we'll take them to get some money in and save on wages.