football tax havens website

soulboy

The information is good and it proves that there is no reason not to build housing on the Westthorn site. The whole deal reeks of corruption. I wrote to the Chief Exec of the City Council and also to the Chief Auditor. The Chief Exec wrote back advising that an internal investigation would not be appropriate while the Euro Commission is deliberating the point. I will be writing back demanding an internal enquiry no matter what the Euro Comm outcome. I also wrote regarding the other land at the potato dome which they got from GCC and for some reason (which I will find out) my enquiry will be dealt with under Environmental Information Regs 2004???? What that has to do with my enquiry is a mystery to me at this time.

On another issue, I still haven't received a response from the GGHB regarding Lennoxtown land sale.

The information is good and it proves that there is no reason not to build housing on the Westthorn site. The whole deal reeks of corruption. I wrote to the Chief Exec of the City Council and also to the Chief Auditor. The Chief Exec wrote back advising that an internal investigation would not be appropriate while the Euro Commission is deliberating the point. I will be writing back demanding an internal enquiry no matter what the Euro Comm outcome. I also wrote regarding the other land at the potato dome which they got from GCC and for some reason (which I will find out) my enquiry will be dealt with under Environmental Information Regs 2004???? What that has to do with my enquiry is a mystery to me at this time.

On another issue, I still haven't received a response from the GGHB regarding Lennoxtown land sale.

Good to see that there are a few Bears working on this, but the self-styled 'investigative journalists' from the MSM are, to no-one's great surprise, conspicuous only by their absence.

After reading the blog I did a bit of digging and found this don't know if it's good or bad news but I believe on page 48 the yellow area on the furthest right is westhorn but would occasional inorganic and organic contamination reduce the price of the land by £3,5 million. I have no idea what inorganic and organic contamination means. But having said that why is GCC so keen to avoid telling people by FOI what it means.

http://data.glasgow.gov.uk/storage/f/2013-08-22T11%3A08%3A56.953Z/clyde-gateway-green-network-strategy-2007.pdf

After reading the blog I did a bit of digging and found this don't know if it's good or bad news but I believe on page 48 the yellow area on the furthest right is westhorn but would occasional inorganic and organic contamination reduce the price of the land by £3,5 million. I have no idea what inorganic and organic contamination means. But having said that why is GCC so keen to avoid telling people by FOI what it means.

http://data.glasgow....rategy-2007.pdf

By the look of that plan, the site of the athletes village for the Commonwealth Games had much more serious levels of contamination than Westhorn.

By the look of that plan, the site of the athletes village for the Commonwealth Games had much more serious levels of contamination than Westhorn.

this is why i'm not sure if it's good or bad news yes there is contamination but as you've pointed out there are worse areas of contamination than westhorn

Excellent and does prove these feckers are at it.

Here's hoping this is the missing piece of the jigsaw. After reading the last reply on the football tax havens website where someone states that he and a few others have documents on Westthorn things are looking like it's going to get interesting.

Is this why FOI requests were getting denied due to only occsasional low contamination that didn't constitute 84% discount off the price.

I really think we need to distribute this and the other fantastic work done by footballtaxhavens to as many bears as we can. People need to hear this, and since the media isn't going to do anything, it's up to us to make sure that everyone hears about this.

After doing a bit more digging I found out that each council has to keep a public register of contaminated land a few councils have theirs online but couldn't find glasgows . The register is for public viewing at gcc in George st so if anyone is passing drop in for a look at the report for westthorn

A fair point in asking about jollies to Seville after this weeks report that members of he East Ayrshire Council were treated to a freebies by the company who have left major problems regarding open mine works. It seems the treated council employees to freebies to Seville and Manchester for the Roy Keane Testimonial. I note that no freebies to anything involving Rangers were involved, so it looks like we have yet another Scottish institution to add to the list of those who need closer scrutiny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-26071696