Supporters Direct meeting

Carsons Dog

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are claims on FF that the people behind this new initiative resigned from the RST board after the press release.

One or two possibly but the majority resigned at Christmas over the RST's mishandling of the email hacking allegations. Possibly a reason why the CIC is an indepedent iniaitive rather than an RST one.

So, these faceless dudes we don't know have spotted the demise of the RST and the rest of the groups being left in limbo, and fancy riding into Ibrox on the fans money too.

It can fail cos we don't have 20,000 idiots in the support for a start.

This will be ridiculed unless there are folk we can trust 100% running it, and I don't just mean wheeling out some figurehead for the presentations.

In the current climate, there is absolutely no chance of fans getting behind something like this. The rebels divisiveness saw to that.

Folk aren't keen to part with cash so that somebody else gets a blazer any more.

You're one of the people causing the divisiveness and the meeting hasn't even taken place yet.

While I am sceptical of the feasibility and benefits of fan ownership, I would be willing to hear them out and see what they have to say.

Is this meeting invite only or can anyone come?

EDIT: nevermind , just seen on the twitter it is invite only

the louden told me that it was open door. So if it is behind closed doors and the RST are putting out the invitations who is the meeting for?

I would be interested to know what the club think of the SDS.

the louden told me that it was open door. So if it is behind closed doors and the RST are putting out the invitations who is the meeting for?

I would be interested to know what the club think of the SDS.

RST are not putting out the invitations. They have nothing to do with it. All SDS from what I gather.

UKIP Bear. I am, as far as I am aware, not related in any way to Guardian and yes, I am sure that he can answer for himself. This, however, does not preclude me from having an opinion on your misleading post and from expressing it on a forum. If you do not wish others to respond, use a PM.

Guardian - I interpret the above (please correct me if I am wrong) is that your lack of support for a new fan organisation being set up to try and influence the future of the club is that there are not enough fans who would trust a new organisation because of the lack of effectiveness and factionalism of previous groups.

Doesn’t that indicate that a new united organisation is required?

You outline reasonable arguments why the take up may be slow initially which I totally accept as valid and I would also add that fans are more likely to join when there is a pressing need to do so as per Hearts.

The 20,000 Bears figure was arrived at from 7,600 Foundation or Hearts members and the ratio of season ticket holders of both clubs being 5:2.

Although that ratio may not be matched, or even the baseline number, the fact that a new organisation is set up which can then build trust with the support going forward is the most important thing.

Having a readymade infrastructure in place for fans to join would be a major achievement to meet the possible challenges ahead of being owned by a PLC.

SDS’s only involvement would be to help set up the infrastructure, after that Rangers’ fans would control the destiny of the organisation and, hopefully, through time be able to significantly influence the running of the PLC, if required.

What would your basic criteria be before you committed to supporting a new organisation?

Sorry I took a while to answer but I missed this reply.

You are indeed correct. There are no fan groups left with any credibility and they all might as well shut up shop. The only group I can see with any integrity is the VB, but they aren't a supporters group as I understand their setup, more of a campaign group.

I doubt enough people will get behind this with cash and even if they do, I doubt they could significantly affect the course of the club.

There needs to be a new fans group, no attachment in any way shape or form to the old ones. It should also be backed and endorsed by the club and run in some form of "partnership" with it.

Under no circumstances should it take sides in political battles like the AGM. We have seen what happens when they do.

The people running it must be open and transparent in every way or they would never be trusted.

Monies raised must be used in a democratic manner and not on upper members pet projects, or those which gain them favour.

Fans need to understand what they are getting for their money, and know that their money is safe. Without these it just will not work.

Like you say it would start very slowly and as more bears joined it will gain credibility.

I'm still not convinced enough money would be raised and even if it was, just how much influence it would give us.

These points and probably a lot more would need to be addressed before I would think of joining.

Mr Brightside thinks the club gave out e-mail addresses. To an organisation trying to destabilise them? Aye right, and turkeys vote for Xmas.

In not on FF in not in the RST and I'm not a member of any other organisation who would have my email address

Somebody gave them it

UKIP Bear takes exception to me commenting on a post made by him in relation to a post by Guardian yet feels he has to respond to my post to North Rd. Oh the irony of it. Anyway, to respond to him, why not hold it in, eg, Govan Town Hall or City Halls. To North Road, why, when I totally oppose the concept, should I wish to attend? That, to my mind, would be like attending a republican rally.

In not on FF in not in the RST and I'm not a member of any other organisation who would have my email address

Somebody gave them it

Are you a shareholder? The shareholders register is available to anyone who wants access to it. Contact details are held on that.

UKIP Bear takes exception to me commenting on a post made by him in relation to a post by Guardian yet feels he has to respond to my post to North Rd. Oh the irony of it. Anyway, to respond to him, why not hold it in, eg, Govan Town Hall or City Halls. To North Road, why, when I totally oppose the concept, should I wish to attend? That, to my mind, would be like attending a republican rally.

The difference being that you piped in to specifically defend Guardian.

I commented on a general point.

Ok lets start again.

Who do you think should be invited to a meeting on fan ownership?

How can every fan be invited to a meeting.

They'd have to have it in the hydro.

I struggle to understand why we have 3 posters in this thread absolutely desperate to make this into a divisive issue.

If you are againstthe idea.... do not go.

If you are interested in listening to the idea. ..do go.

Is it really that simple.....by fuck. Yes it is.

Well said Bothwell...I was thinking I was having a Neroesque moment reading some of the comments and points of argument...We should re-arrange that well known quote...

"While Rome burned....Bears argued"