Why Rangers must put more faith in youth

DonegalBear

can't argue with anything in the article as I agree with it. we obviously cant fill the team with youngsters but with the league tied up soon we should be looking to start two maybe three young boys each game from now until the end of the season to see if they can make the step up to the first team.

Would like to see several get their chance. Now, not when the league is wrapped up and the games less meaningful.

Love the concept that if they are the best player for a position then they play, rather than shuffle others to positions theyre not confident in. Or if form dips or an injury strikes, player the under 20 if he's excelling.

It shouldnt cost us many if any points as there should still be a nucleus of experience in the team that is more than any other team in our league.

Everything Ally has ever done has shown that he has absolutley no desire to introduce any more youths than he absolutely needs to.

This boat has sailed. It is a terrible message for a club to send out - particlarly a club who could really do with youth breaking through, rather than us buying all the time.

My son is 13. If Rangers and St mirren came in for him and wanted to sign him, my heart would obviously say Rangers, but my head would say St Mirren.

Agreed on the back 4 should be (with Jig and Moshni out)...McCausland Faure Gasparotto Wallace. Expect it to contain Cribari and Foster though.

Big Luca was on the bench when we beat Airdrie 6-0 at Broomfield. We were 6 up after about an hour and he wasn't given a chance. That tells you how interested we are in youth development.

Would like to see several get their chance. Now, not when the league is wrapped up and the games less meaningful.

Love the concept that if they are the best player for a position then they play, rather than shuffle others to positions theyre not confident in. Or if form dips or an injury strikes, player the under 20 if he's excelling.

It shouldnt cost us many if any points as there should still be a nucleus of experience in the team that is more than any other team in our league.

We have guys uncomfortable in the position they are asked to play so how indeed can we shove more youngsters into the team. Its one of the main reasons we struggle.

it is a frustating situation as we hear every other week about how good a group of youngsters we have with them topping their, league scoring belters etc but we don't get to see them every day in training so we have to assume that mccoist is either top afraid to try them or he doesn't think they are good enough. although personally I thought mcausland done as well at right back as anyone in the last year and a half and he was dropped instantly for foster and mccoist will insist on playing faure there when foster is out even though everyone can see faure is never a right back.

We need to balance it out.. Aird robbie wee lewis will make it at Rangers we all know that but we cant just throw players in because they are the future. Barrie mcKay he looked good last season but going by what I have seen at under 20's this year he couldnt kick his arse.. TBH i can see another fleck developing with him..Thinking he has made it n not improving..

The youths am sure will be given a chance if they are doing well at the current age group.

and how are the youth team coaches meant to meet their targets and work with the players if we keep taking the best players to the first team to do no more than experiment with them. only two players per season should be allowed to move up the rest should stay . thats what nearly every major youth academy does maybe three players per season max.

and how are the youth team coaches meant to meet their targets and work with the players if we keep taking the best players to the first team to do no more than experiment with them. only two players per season should be allowed to move up the rest should stay . thats what nearly every major youth academy does maybe three players per season max.

and when they are over 20?

Personally I think the old reserve league should be reintroduced. Scottish football has went downhill without it.

Big Luca was on the bench when we beat Airdrie 6-0 at Broomfield. We were 6 up after about an hour and he wasn't given a chance. That tells you how interested we are in youth development.

Don't blame him too much for that. My sunday team manager never changes his back 4 during a game unless there is an injury (or me having a 'mare!) - however, that is an ideal time to introduce young attacking players. What harm would it do to give a young CF impressing in the under 20s a run out?

I thought Aird played reasonably well tonight, made a couple of silly mistakes but ran his heart out and was always available. I like this boy and I genuinely think he will be an asset in the years to come along with Mcleod as they mature. I'd like to see more of Gasparrotto this season if Mohsni/Jig is out but sadly I think Cribari would get the nod.