Rangers First

iang2911

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Louden Tavern. Once again you have had the courtesy to reply to me to set out your point of view. More than can be said for Atkinson. I compared him, not the CIC, to Hitler on the basis of oratory as, in earlier posts, it was pushed that he "spoke well". My comments re Dingwall were on the basis that, to me at least, Atkinson is the face of Rangers First just as Dingwall is still, to many, the face of RST. I did not compare him to Salmond as far as I can remember. What I said was that to read the guff about Rangers First would be to me like going to a rally organised by Salmond, id est, full of stuff about which I am diametrically opposed.

A lot of my initial questions were to try to establish his background as this was very sketchy when I tried to google him. Yes I had my suspicions that he was a "hater" and the more he prevaricated, the more convinced I became that he was. After all, he was calling for transparency . There is an old maxim in Scots Law : He who expects equity must give equity. This was sadly lacking in the case of Atkinson. I also, as I have already admitted, misread one of his replies causing me to go down a blind alley with questions. Once again I apologise for that.

Much of my suspicions were, and still are, regarding the timing of this. Had this been mooted in the summer of 2012 or even last summer prior to the AGM, i would possibly have been more inclined to support it or at least give it a chance. Who knows, it could even have saved the club from wasting money on unnecessary investigations and AGM delays. Mr Wallace asked for 120 days to review the situation at the club and, as far as I was aware, the consensus, with one or two exceptions, was to give him that time.In addition, lang2911 informed us on RM that he had put the basis of a fan representation scheme to the board and would let us know what, if anything, would come of it. This seems to have been put on the back-burner.

I confess that I am possibly ultra-cautious (not an ultra-fan) as I admit that I was taken in by Craig Whyte to my shame. Once bitten, twice shy and all that. I started off being suspicious of Atkinson but now, I regret to say, Iseriously dislike him due his attitude of letting others answer for him. I will not go as far as to say I detest or hate him as I reserve that for those from the east.

In one of your previous posts you summed up the difference between Atkinson and myself perfectly. You said that he would move on to his next project.

Rangers may only be a project, a trifle, to him but to me it is, and has been for the last 60 odd years, part of my very existance. From being chastised in Primary 1 for singing "Follow Follow" as my "party piece". to going to Ibrox with the actual expectation that we could overturn a 6 -1 deficit; to the pride of going to watch the first British club to reach a European Final (the ref robbed us in that game too) to the ultimate pride in Barcelona (I wonder if that Spanish barman still has my tie?) Rangers has bee in in my blood.

I have had the pleasure of watching some of the most accomplished players pull on the royal blue of Rangers from Willie Waddell to Jim Baxter, Davie Cooper, Brian Laudrup et al. I have watched some of the best Rangers "hard men" like Harold Davies and Tom Forsyth and even some who disappointed like Sammy Baird, Jim Christie and George McLean. Even typing about these memories is bringing a tear to my eye with the thought that i could have lost all of that in 2012.

Many posters on RM finish their posts with a signature sign off such as "No Surrender", "WATP" and "GSTQ". I think I shall adopt as mine " Rangers, my team not my project".

As I have said previously, I do not in way doubt your dedication to Rangers. Please do not think that. I also hope that, should the club initiate a membership scheme to give the fans a voice, we can unite in that as Bears together. I do believe that, to pinch a political slogan, we are better together but I do not want it to be through fan ownership as I believe that would only lead to Armageddon.

Rangers, my team not my project.

The Louden Tavern. Once again you have had the courtesy to reply to me to set out your point of view. More than can be said for Atkinson. I compared him, not the CIC, to Hitler on the basis of oratory as, in earlier posts, it was pushed that he "spoke well". My comments re Dingwall were on the basis that, to me at least, Atkinson is the face of Rangers First just as Dingwall is still, to many, the face of RST. I did not compare him to Salmond as far as I can remember. What I said was that to read the guff about Rangers First would be to me like going to a rally organised by Salmond, id est, full of stuff about which I am diametrically opposed.

A lot of my initial questions were to try to establish his background as this was very sketchy when I tried to google him. Yes I had my suspicions that he was a "hater" and the more he prevaricated, the more convinced I became that he was. After all, he was calling for transparency . There is an old maxim in Scots Law : He who expects equity must give equity. This was sadly lacking in the case of Atkinson. I also, as I have already admitted, misread one of his replies causing me to go down a blind alley with questions. Once again I apologise for that.

Much of my suspicions were, and still are, regarding the timing of this. Had this been mooted in the summer of 2012 or even last summer prior to the AGM, i would possibly have been more inclined to support it or at least give it a chance. Who knows, it could even have saved the club from wasting money on unnecessary investigations and AGM delays. Mr Wallace asked for 120 days to review the situation at the club and, as far as I was aware, the consensus, with one or two exceptions, was to give him that time.In addition, lang2911 informed us on RM that he had put the basis of a fan representation scheme to the board and would let us know what, if anything, would come of it. This seems to have been put on the back-burner.

I confess that I am possibly ultra-cautious (not an ultra-fan) as I admit that I was taken in by Craig Whyte to my shame. Once bitten, twice shy and all that. I started off being suspicious of Atkinson but now, I regret to say, Iseriously dislike him due his attitude of letting others answer for him. I will not go as far as to say I detest or hate him as I reserve that for those from the east.

In one of your previous posts you summed up the difference between Atkinson and myself perfectly. You said that he would move on to his next project.

Rangers may only be a project, a trifle, to him but to me it is, and has been for the last 60 odd years, part of my very existance. From being chastised in Primary 1 for singing "Follow Follow" as my "party piece". to going to Ibrox with the actual expectation that we could overturn a 6 -1 deficit; to the pride of going to watch the first British club to reach a European Final (the ref robbed us in that game too) to the ultimate pride in Barcelona (I wonder if that Spanish barman still has my tie?) Rangers has bee in in my blood.

I have had the pleasure of watching some of the most accomplished players pull on the royal blue of Rangers from Willie Waddell to Jim Baxter, Davie Cooper, Brian Laudrup et al. I have watched some of the best Rangers "hard men" like Harold Davies and Tom Forsyth and even some who disappointed like Sammy Baird, Jim Christie and George McLean. Even typing about these memories is bringing a tear to my eye with the thought that i could have lost all of that in 2012.

Many posters on RM finish their posts with a signature sign off such as "No Surrender", "WATP" and "GSTQ". I think I shall adopt as mine " Rangers, my team not my project".

As I have said previously, I do not in way doubt your dedication to Rangers. Please do not think that. I also hope that, should the club initiate a membership scheme to give the fans a voice, we can unite in that as Bears together. I do believe that, to pinch a political slogan, we are better together but I do not want it to be through fan ownership as I believe that would only lead to Armageddon.

I have never doubted you passion for the club, I don't agree with your analogies, but that is another point. As a Rangers Family we all have different opinions on things.

Look I am busy today and don't have the chance to answer you point by point. I'm hoping that the details will be able to make you see where Rangers First are coming from - we live in hope.

If you want to have a chat I will DM you my number

The third meeting of Rangers First was held last night.

We were delighted to welcome three former Rangers Players: Colin Jackson, John Brown, and Alex Rae, to the meeting.

They listened intently to what was being discussed/proposed and all have expressed an interest in taking this further.

There are other former players who wanted to attend last night but could not for various reasons. It is a promising development.

Principally Rangers First needs the backing of the fans, and as the players said last night 'we are fans as well'.

- We will keep you posted with news of the next meeting. Minutes of previous meetings are available at www.rangersfirst.org

The third meeting of Rangers First was held last night.

We were delighted to welcome three former Rangers Players: Colin Jackson, John Brown, and Alex Rae, to the meeting.

They listened intently to what was being discussed/proposed and all have expressed an interest in taking this further.

There are other former players who wanted to attend last night but could not for various reasons. It is a promising development.

Principally Rangers First needs the backing of the fans, and as the players said last night 'we are fans as well'.

- We will keep you posted with news of the next meeting. Minutes of previous meetings are available at www.rangersfirst.org

Fantastic work again. And thanks for keeping us up to date with all the progress.

The Louden Tavern @ 472. No problems mate. I do realise that you have a business to run and that, to put food on thje table, you have to give that priority. That is not meant as a sly dig as I believe a previous poster tried. I am just disappointed that, once again, Atkinson is leaving you to do his dirty work.

The CIC as proposed at Rangers First is the perfect vehicle to accommodate Dave Kings ideas, however I do not support any boycott and would much prefer it if things could be achieved in a constructive rather than destructive way.

Ian sorry bud if you have been asked before I know this thread has many pages, but have you had any contact with anyone who supports King and his plans,?I mean connected to King directly bud..

Ian sorry bud if you have been asked before I know this thread has many pages, but have you had any contact with anyone who supports King and his plans,?I mean connected to King directly bud..

Not directly mate. I do think, no confirmation yet, that he has been informed of what is going on. Nothing more than that though.

I don't see how you can recuoncuile the two points of view. I thought that DKsaid that he wanted to be the leader and Rangers First said that the leader would be democratically elected. I may be wrong and, if I am, will willingly acknowledge that. The point I am trying to make is that, what happens if DK's investment is conditional on him being the leader? Kind of blows OMOV out of the water.

I don't see how you can recuoncuile the two points of view. I thought that DKsaid that he wanted to be the leader and Rangers First said that the leader would be democratically elected. I may be wrong and, if I am, will willingly acknowledge that. The point I am trying to make is that, what happens if DK's investment is conditional on him being the leader? Kind of blows OMOV out of the water.

I whole heartedly agree with you Corky.

Thanks lang2911. Coming from you that means a lot. I would still like to know details of your original scheme proposed by you to the club. As I have said before, you are in my mind a true Rangers supporter and I would hate to think of all your work going to waste. Also, I would trust you more than messrs. King , Atkinson and Easdale.

Thanks lang2911. Coming from you that means a lot. I would still like to know details of your original scheme proposed by you to the club. As I have said before, you are in my mind a true Rangers supporter and I would hate to think of all your work going to waste. Also, I would trust you more than messrs. King , Atkinson and Easdale.

Thanks Corky

did you see my thread from a while ago regarding 26% max shares and fans buying and funding Auchenhowie and Scouting, any excess used else where in the club as needed and as Fans vote on?

All those running it need to be employed professionals and not fans.

That centred around a fans co-op as the membership body. a CIC is a co-operative and I was asked if the 2 fit, I think it fits really well.

HOWEVER!! That is only one example of how fans membership fees can be used to support the future of the club and it will be down to the members to decide on how the money is used.

Lang2911. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry about that word as I know it has unfortunate connotations, What you have outlined, and I know it is a brief outline, is certainly something I would be interested in supporting but it would need to be clear that the maximum shareholding could not be exceeded. As to fan ownership, have you read some of the threads re Dave King? It has got so bad that I am not even opening them now.

Lang2911. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry about that word as I know it has unfortunate connotations, What you have outlined, and I know it is a brief outline, is certainly something I would be interested in supporting but it would need to be clear that the maximum shareholding could not be exceeded. As to fan ownership, have you read some of the threads re Dave King? It has got so bad that I am not even opening them now.

I know mate. I have my own thoughts on timing of the latest announcements.

The Ordinary fans need to stand up and stand together to protect the club, no matter who is in the board room. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee the future of the club.

Not directly mate. I do think, no confirmation yet, that he has been informed of what is going on. Nothing more than that though.

Cheers Ian, Good luck with everything bud it is something I will be willing to get involved if and when required as I agree 100% that this should be about the fans.

Cheers Ian, Good luck with everything bud it is something I will be willing to get involved if and when required as I agree 100% that this should be about the fans.

cheers mate. Go sign up on www.rangersfirst.org to be kept in touch. the minutes are there from the first 3 meetings.

We are hoping to have a formal launch in the next couple of weeks or so.

p.s. I hope admin don't mind me posting a link.

cheers mate. Go sign up on www.rangersfirst.org to be kept in touch. the minutes are there from the first 3 meetings.

We are hoping to have a formal launch in the next couple of weeks or so.

p.s. I hope admin don't mind me posting a link.

Cheers Ian, signed up and will have a wee read over the minutes, have already read the first ones so it will be good to catch up.with whats been happening Cheers YC :21:

The second meeting if the CIC working party took place tonight. It was a productive meeting and smaller working groups are now going to be formed to help build this project out.

The one thing that was agreed however was the name.

Rangers First

It says it all

The website will be available in the next few days at www.rangersfirst.org

All material will be made available on the website.

Don't worry as soon as they get a bit of publicity and more members the haters will come regardless of views.

lang2911 @ 491. Sorry to be so long in getting back to you. As I said on another thread, I was at a committee meeting last night and had a fair bit to do following that. The point I was trying to make was not the timing, although I agree with you about that, it was the polarised views of and language used by bears about each other. That is why I think fan ownership of Rangers is dead in the water.