Rangers First - An Alternative

Why don't the fans who are signing up for Rangers First simply open a share account and buy the shares themselves? Then each person actually gets 100% control over their own share and wont have their opinion disregarded if outnumbered by the mob?

Rangers fans will still own the same amount of the shares, but the result would be a greater chance for the overall fans view to shine through, rather than the mouthpieces and blazer chasers managing to rig it, same as any other venture that has been proposed?

Why don't the fans who are signing up for Rangers First simply open a share account and buy the shares themselves? Then each person actually gets 100% control over their own share and wont have their opinion disregarded if outnumbered by the mob?

Rangers fans will still own the same amount of the shares, but the result would be a greater chance for the overall fans view to shine through, rather than the mouthpieces and blazer chasers managing to rig it, same as any other venture that has been proposed?

The power lies in having the shares as a collective - That is the only way to achieve the transparent authoritative consultation that is key to the support. Buying shares in your own name at this stage is more a 'vanity' than anything else.

Infact we are donating all but two of our shares to Rangers First.

I believe that Rangers First will represent the interests of the support as a collective - I feel our shares are 'Better Together' as the saying goes

Not all fans have the same view however. We already have numerous fans groups suggesting they speak for the fans when in reality the majority wouldnt touch them with a bargepole.

I am not totally against the idea of Rangers First, anything to give fans a better say is worth looking into.

How that transparency is acheived, however, is going to be a tough one to prove to doubters. I'll need to find time to get to a meeting and read up on it

Not all fans have the same view however. We already have numerous fans groups suggesting they speak for the fans when in reality the majority wouldnt touch them with a bargepole.

I am not totally against the idea of Rangers First, anything to give fans a better say is worth looking into.

How that transparency is acheived, however, is going to be a tough one to prove to doubters. I'll need to find time to get to a meeting and read up on it

Rangers First is to be entirely Transparent and Democratic. It has to be to get all Rangers fans to buy into it.

You really should look at the minutes - It gives a clear account of what the reasons behind Rangers First are. They are compelling.

There is very little point in being a small individual shareholder - other than seeking a return imo, which the majority of fans couldn't care less about (and even then you are unlikely to receive a return).

Rangers First is to be entirely Transparent and Democratic. It has to be to get all Rangers fans to buy into it.

You really should look at the minutes - It gives a clear account of what the reasons behind Rangers First are. They are compelling.

There is very little point in being a small individual shareholder - other than seeking a return imo, which the majority of fans couldn't care less about (and even then you are unlikely to receive a return).

Reading the minutes now, cheers

How can you get a read of the minutes?

www.rangersfirst.org

Bottom right of the screen says 'more info' click there

3 options at the top of the screen - click the right one 'downloads'

And they 3 options are the minutes from the first 3 meetings. I'm told that the 4th will be up ASAP

they are on www.rangersfirst.org but will take a while, lengthy notes. Grab a comfy seat :-)

Comprehensive :)

Its for transparency - as part of the full roll out there will be concise FAQ sections and the likes. But if you read the minutes then you will pretty much know as much as I do and I have become a member