Scott McDonald

Ted E Bayer

Do you think we should make a bid for the wee man. He's a quality wee player who can hold the ball up brilliantly. I know he's a Smeltic fan but I'm sure he'd come if his only other options are Southend and staying at M'Well where he's currently not happy. <bouncy>

Not any better than we have.

Not true imo. He's better than Sebo that's for sure. He's also better than Novo. He has a better touch and makes chances for other players. He's similar to Dado in terms of holding the ball up which he's excellent at for a wee guy and he's also fairly quick and tricky on the deck.

And he always torments the Smeltic everytime they play.

Do you think we should make a bid for the wee man. He's a quality wee player who can hold the ball up brilliantly. I know he's a Smeltic fan but I'm sure he'd come if his only other options are Southend and staying at M'Well where he's currently not happy.

He's not a Celtic fan - half of his FAMILY are, but the other half are Rangers.

His own allegiances are unknown.

Better than Novo or Sebo, would only cost bout half a milllion so ad say go 4 it! Plus Dado is leavin the summer so we'll need at least 2 new strikers by then so a wud say get him in on the cheap and another quality forward!

Better than Novo or Sebo, would only cost bout half a milllion so ad say go 4 it! Plus Dado is leavin the summer so we'll need at least 2 new strikers by then so a wud say get him in on the cheap and another quality forward!

Pretty much sums up how I think of him. I think he'd be a good player alongside Boyd.

?500,000 is not much to pay for a decent player who has a good goalscoring record, knows the league and still has his best years ahead of him!

Motherwell said yesterday, that unless someone comes in with ?1M cash they can GTF, he still has 18months left on his contract.

Guest orangpendek

they are in no position to refuse 500k, tho i think 350 would be enough as he's not that good.

he'd improve us right now, which maybe says more about our current standing than mcdonald's abilities.

good to see a thread where people are being realistic about our targets -- face it, we're not going to sign kevin nolan and carlos tevez!

wouldn't mind seeing big heskey for 18 months or so, tho.

Do you think we should make a bid for the wee man.  He's a quality wee player who can hold the ball up brilliantly.  I know he's a Smeltic fan but I'm sure he'd come if his only other options are Southend and staying at M'Well where he's currently not happy.    <bouncy>

He's not a Celtic fan - half of his FAMILY are, but the other half are Rangers.

His own allegiances are unknown.

His old man"s one of them you know,always seems to play "well"( no pun intended) against the old firm though,we could do worse.Shit we already have

Sebo anyone? :rolleyes::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I think Mcdonald and Boyd would be a great partnership. I notice from this thread that a few people don't rate him, but as someone else pointed out, he's a realistic target and in my opinion he is a very talented lad.

I personally think he would do a good job for us.