Portadown FC youth players suspended

Did any of you see this? I'm sure many of you will be aware that Oscar Knox sadly passed away yesterday, this was 2 Portadown FC youth players responses on Twitter:

BnPHTjzIYAAGFOT.jpg

Club reacted swiftly and suspended them pending an investigation.

Another case of 2 young boys throwing away their entire careers because of a silly comment online.

Who's oscar Knox? Something to do with foxy knoxy?

5 year old boy that died having battled cancer for 2 years, cause his family were celtic daft i think the wean was regular at celtic games and visited by celtic players etc

absolutely horrible news to hear of a 5 year old battling cancer for 2 years and losing the fight, poor wee soul

they two arseholes in the twitterpic need their baws kicked badly

5 year old boy that died having battled cancer for 2 years, cause his family were celtic daft i think the wean was regular at celtic games and visited by celtic players etc

absolutely horrible news to hear of a 5 year old battling cancer for 2 years and losing the fight, poor wee soul

they two arseholes in the twitterpic need their baws kicked badly

Aw

Horrible comments, and before anyone tries to defend the players then they should remember how we reacted to the comments about Fernando.

Nobody has said a word. I asked who it was and that's yer whack

Someone posted about being a silly comment that could ruin a potential career. When it was about Fernando hanging wasn't good enough for some.

Shut up. What do you want us to say? When it's someone you care about of course we will act differently. Fuck knows how you'd survive on a supporters bus tbh

I know the rumour is that the fenian comment was made by a Catholic, apparently his facebook page is full of Celtic stuff.

However that should not really matter considering the consequences. It's just the world we live in when a dickhead with a keyboard can get national recognition by marking hateful or controversial comment.

Im not suggesting the kids get away with their comments but they are just daft lads that think they are being the big lad or funny with this rubbish. It would have been a lot worse if it had been a thirty year old who made them. Give them a slap round the wrists and tell them to wise up.

Rip little Oscar, I could never imagine the pain the parents go through when this disease hits one of their own.

Shut up. What do you want us to say? When it's someone you care about of course we will act differently. Fuck knows how you'd survive on a supporters bus tbh

A bit of parity wouldn't of gone amiss, it's a child FFS. I Hate the nappy rippers as much as the next Bear but to not condemn those comments is shocking. Fuck knows how I've lasted the past 8 years in the Army....

A bit of parity wouldn't of gone amiss, it's a child FFS. I Hate the nappy rippers as much as the next Bear but to not condemn those comments is shocking. Fuck knows how I've lasted the past 8 years in the Army....

So weve to condemn these comments or we are shocking? I didn't even know who the wee guy was till Jim told me. It's not my place to condemn or say anything. I merely asked and also commented on the wee guy calling someone a Fenian who had a very tarrier like name.

I will sleep easy tonight anyway no matter how you view my posts on this.

To try and brush off the comments as a silly mistake is pretty shocking given the reaction by most to the disgusting tweets some tims made about Fernando.

Did I even mention it? Learn to read boss before getting offended

To try and brush off the comments as a silly mistake is pretty shocking given the reaction by most to the disgusting tweets some tims made about Fernando.

The comments are absolutely disgusting but the fact remains the boys posting them are young and stupid. Nobody is going to condone what they've said but they're kids.

We've had countless examples over the past year or 2 of young people posting inappropriate comments on Twitter and Facebook and throwing away their careers. That's all I was trying to say. I'm not downplaying anything.

You can't tell people how to react to something ffs.

Haven't seen anything posted in here to get your knickers in a twist about.

There were a few on here that couldn't care less about the derogatory comments posted on Twitter regarding Fernando and Sandy,

Doesn't mean they agreed with them.

RIP wee chap, horrible disease.