robbie mccrorie

KingKirk

There's been talk of this lad for a year or two now! The 4 games I've seen him he looks quality. Now I know this is a stupid comparison but look at courtois and how much he has come on playing first team football....I think even at 17 we should get him out on loan somewhere. Get him used to playing with adults with a view to coming back as a number 2 and then eventually number 1.....I know what the nae Sayers will say but for a club with our financial issues, developing youth is the way forward and if we continue ignoring them, the better ones like telfer will seek to play elsewhere....

There's been talk of this lad for a year or two now! The 4 games I've seen him he looks quality. Now I know this is a stupid comparison but look at courtois and how much he has come on playing first team football....I think even at 17 we should get him out on loan somewhere. Get him used to playing with adults with a view to coming back as a number 2 and then eventually number 1.....I know what the nae Sayers will say but for a club with our financial issues, developing youth is the way forward and if we continue ignoring them, the better ones like telfer will seek to play elsewhere....

Amen!

Hopefully break into the first team for his 28th birthday.

We just don't use our position in the lower leagues to our advantage, tbf the lower leagues are just kicking matches anyway, so probably best not to.

He is only 16 and still in school doing his exams right now. I dont think his parents would be keen on him moving as thats why the man city interest didnt go down too well. If im right I think it was only a 1year contract both him and his brother signed. He will be a good keeper given time, been on the bench for under 20s a few times this season so he is getting experience above his level. Mccoist and the late jardine were a big help to both the young boys. Will be having a drink this weekend with his dad so will get more info

I would try to send him to somewhere like Hamilton. The only issue we may have is are teams will to take a risk with a goalkeeper that young..knowingly any mistakes more than likely end up in a goal

I rate young Kelly and McCrorrie. Hopefully in time they keep progressing and we could have another McGregor type situation where the club has brought him up.

McGregor went out loan to Dunfermline I think - I'm guessing it did him no harm!

It's an exciting time having all these good youth players, they just need to be giving a chance or put out on loan for them to progress quicker. I can't believe wee Hardie scored 44 goals for the U17's and was out injured for 4 months, he should have been playing for our U20's as he's obviously too good for U17 level.