Oh the irony

Now we all know every time an international tournament comes around there are lots of people across the land who want England to fail at every twist and turn,and fall flat on their faces,I include myself in this group purely for footballing reasons you understand. Now there has been a rather unfair picture that's been painted regarding Rangers fans as followers of the English national team,and there's a certain group of people out there who have said for years,"how can Rangers support England when their Scottish"etc,yet they themselves will blindly pull on an Eire top because "muh great granny was Oirish".

Do any of you know people like this? Sad to say it but I certainly know a few dimwits,but they do provide hilarity from time to time :lol:

Now we all know every time an international tournament comes around there are lots of people across the land who want England to fail at every twist and turn,and fall flat on their faces,I include myself in this group purely for footballing reasons you understand. Now there has been a rather unfair picture that's been painted regarding Rangers fans as followers of the English national team,and there's a certain group of people out there who have said for years,"how can Rangers support England when their Scottish"etc,yet they themselves will blindly pull on an Eire top because "muh great granny was Oirish".

Do any of you know people like this? Sad to say it but I certainly know a few dimwits,but they do provide hilarity from time to time :lol:

Its pathetic all this petty hatred and suspicion over football

btw i see you're from Coatbridge :shifty:

They end up getting showed up as the hypocrits they are, I had a spat with one on F/B then I said but what about Sutton and Thompson or Foster, aye but thats different, aye ok then

I particularly didnt really care who won or lost, but thier goal was a good well worked one, but could they admit it, no

My great grandmother was Irish too - but I like to believe Ireland was a very different place back then - not a terrorist haven like it is now. I'm deeply ashamed of my Irish roots because of what Ireland stands for in the 21st Century and what it stood for in the 20th Century ie Terrorism and death to anything English or British.

My great grandmother was Irish too - but I like to believe Ireland was a very different place back then - not a terrorist haven like it is now. I'm deeply ashamed of my Irish roots because of what Ireland stands for in the 21st Century and what it stood for in the 20th Century ie Terrorism and death to anything English or British.

Is that what Ireland stands for?