Is it unfair to expect us to win one of the Cups in 2014/15?

Anyone that supports Rangers should be expecting us to win every domestic competition we enter, otherwise we become just another club.

Anything less than the league and Ramsdens this season is a failure, they are the bare minimum. I expect us to win the other two trophies though, we're Rangers after all.

Expect: regard (something) as likely to happen.

So, let me get this right. You regard us as likely to win the League Cup and Scottish Cup? You think this is what proper Rangers fans should think?

I think what Rangers fans should do is always push the club to strive to be the best. That is what Rangers is about.

Rangers is not about silly expectations.

I think when you're imagining what a Rangers fan should be at this stage purposefulness is more a more important quality than expectation.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect: regard (something) as likely to happen.

So, let me get this right. You regard us as likely to win the League Cup and Scottish Cup? You think this is what proper Rangers fans should think?

I think what Rangers fans should do is always push the club to strive to be the best. That is what Rangers is about.

Rangers is not about silly expectations.

I think when you're imagining what a Rangers fan should be at this stage purposefulness is more a more important quality than expectation.

Jesus fucken christ, is this a Rangers forum? It's silly to expect Rangers to win the Scottish Cup or League Cup? Are you for real? Away and have a look at yourself in the mirror.

They're shaped by the clubs who reach the quarters and beyond. Albion Rovers, for example, did not just receive a bye to the quarter final, they knocked out the team who finished 2nd in the SPL to get there.

still doesnt mean we didnt have an easy run, just because albion rovers beat motherwell doesnt mean we cannot expect to beat them at ibrox

fact is, the first decent team we played in the scottish cup beat us on our own patch, quite comfortably in the end

I will be honest .I don't give a monkeys fuck about the Ramsdens cup .It may have meant something in last few seasons to some .It's means even less now .

Goat is right in the sense that Rangers should be getting back to the old standards of competing to win all the big prizes .

Why not ?.

The bold Ally is getting backed in a way many failed Managers can only dream of . The team we have should be in top six best in Country .

I'm fed up with the Ally apologists making excuse after excuse claiming otherwise .

Jesus fucken christ, is this a Rangers forum? It's silly to expect Rangers to win the Scottish Cup or League Cup? Are you for real? Away and have a look at yourself in the mirror.

I still don't think you understand what 'expect' means.

If you do then you're just deluded.

I will be honest .I don't give a monkeys fuck about the Ramsdens cup .It may have meant something in last few seasons to some .It's means even less now .

Goat is right in the sense that Rangers should be getting back to the old standards of competing to win all the big prizes .

Why not ?.

The bold Ally is getting backed in a way many failed Managers can only dream of . The team we have should be in top six best in Country .

I'm fed up with the Ally apologists making excuse after excuse claiming otherwise .

Top 6 is about right. At least you're being realistic.

The guys claiming we've got the 2nd best squad in the country are deluded IMO. As for the guy that claims we've got the best squad overall...

The guys claiming we've got the 2nd best squad in the country are deluded IMO. As for the guy that claims we've got the best squad overall...

Rather than just say people are deluded why don't you counter with your own argument. celtic aside, who has a better overall squad then we do?

outside the tarriers, who has a better squad than us

and if its not too much trouble can you list the players of that team that would start in ours

cheers

I actually think there is no question that we do have the second best squad in the country now.

Boyd, Miller, Daly, Wallace, MacLeod, Zaliukus, Law & Black would walk into any team not not called celtic and even guys like Bell, Foster, Peralta, McGregor, Smith, Aird, Shiels, Faure, Mohsni & Templeton are at least comparable in terms of ability to some of the players playing for the better teams in the SPL.

Daly would not walk into any side in the country.

Miller is well beyond his best.

MacLeod is yet to be tested consistently at that level so you've nothing to base that statement on.

Mohsni, Peralta and Aird would struggle to get a game for most sides in the premiership.

Boyd, Wallace, Zaliukas and maybe Templeton I'll give you. The rest could be debated.

Paying the second highest wage bill in the country should, in a simplistic way, equate to having the second best team. Time will tell but this squad should be able to compete against any team, including state aid fc, in a one-off cup tie.

I hope many, including myself, are eating humble pie about the manager and we do well in the cups. I do not expect us to win every match but I expect us to give our all and not go down without a fight.

I also hope draws are as kind to us as they were last season.

As a Rangers fan I always hope we will win a cup - but expect is to ... Arrogant .. Cups are not easy to win - in some way with our resources we can expect to win the league but cup games are not as predictable - but that's what makes cups so exciting

I would be a very happy Bear if we win the Championship and a Cup. However based on the last 2 seasons I have to admit I am not 100% confident we will achieve either unless there is a significant change in attitude within the squad. However I have every hope and will support the team as best I can.

I hope to win it - I don't expect to win it!

Disagree with you on that one. I think the Ramsdens Cup or whatever it's called now is the one cup competition we should expect to win. We're the strongest team in that competition without doubt and have been on the wrong end of an upset for the last 2 seasons. This season, in what I'd hope is our last ever time competing in the cup, I feel winning it should be expected.

I expect the League and all 3 cups this season. We had a partial embargo and some bad luck in last seasons cups. I was convinced we'd go all the way in the SC :(. We have a squad full of young promising players. We have added some steel this transfer window and I think with Miller/Boyds influence last term we would certainly have done better. Sick of folk knocking our Squad, we have a great squad. Every team in the country wants to beat us so no game is easy but I have a good feeling about this coming season.

I've got a good feeling about this season. A lots been said about the united game last year where we lost the game upfront & at the back both areas of the team we've strengthened & when I look @ the rest of the teams most are weaker than they were last year. So why can't we win a cup?

can i ask an honest opinion, when eck went 11 games without a win, did you feel it was time for him to go?

at the end of that season, did you feel that finishing 3rd was poor/shocking/a disgrace?

Mate I even remember times during the 9 when we called for Walters head after 2or 3 bad results.

One I remember was when we in the midst of a "crisis"and during the month of August wed lost to Athens in the Champs League, the mhanks in the league and Falkirk in the LC, think it was 94-95.

Our mentality even then during tougher matches was one that we didn't accept defeats lightly, obviously some will say that it was an over reaction but IMO its that exact mentality that has brought the club its many success's.

I also think of Kenny Millers recent interview and how he reacts to losses and although he isn't everyone's cup of tea, that's the attitude I want from a Rangers player, its the attitude of a winner.