EPL Fantasy Football 2014/15

Iakona

I'm tempted to play my wild card :lol:

Would take out

Cameron, Mata, Eriksen, Bojan, Noble, Eriksen and put in

Robertson, Hazard, Sterling, Henderson, Paysmith & Sigurdsson.

I know I should wait and see how everything goes for a few weeks but instinct is telling me the second lot will collectively score more points over a 38 game season.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferreyra didn't play for me yesterday so I'm getting Weimann auto-subbed in for 9 points :D

Already have to take 3 players out since i don't think they'll be starters.

Myhill & Cameron didn't play for me and I'm getting 2 & 1 points auto subs :(

Anybody know why George Boyd didn't even make the subs bench for Hull on Saturday?

I'm tempted to play my wild card :lol:

Would take out

Cameron, Mata, Eriksen, Bojan, Noble, Eriksen and put in

Robertson, Hazard, Sterling, Henderson, Paysmith & Sigurdsson.

Just noticed mate his price went up today by 0.1 to 6.1m, will probably rise to 6.2 - 6.3 tomorrow going by the amount of teams transferring him in.

That's how fantasy footy works. (tu)

Just noticed mate his price went up today by 0.1 to 6.1m, will probably rise to 6.2 - 6.3 tomorrow going by the amount of players transferring him in.

That's how fantasy footy works. (tu)

I had him in and swapped him out about two or three times before the season started doh Kicking myself now although I do have 0.5 million in the bank to allow for fluctuations in prices.

Changing prices are why I'm considering playing my wildcard today before everybody changes prices.

I had him in and swapped him out about two or three times before the season started

Changing prices are why I'm considering playing my wildcard today before everybody changes prices.

Don't WC this early unless your team's a mess mate. Earliest I'd use that is after the transfer window is shut. But if you're worried a few targets are going to move out of reach within the coming weeks use this.

Don't WC this early unless your team's a mess mate. Earliest I'd use that is after the transfer window is shut. But if you're worried a few targets are going to move out of reach within the coming weeks use this.

It's not too bad.

I picked up 32 points with Terry & Fabregas still to play to so i'm hoping to hit 40 for the weekend.

I think I got caught up in Bojan hype so I want him out because I think a Weimann or a Naismith will be more consistent over the season for a similar price and I think I could get better points elsewhere for the money that Herrera cost.

I think I'll hold off and do one free transfer a week and see how it goes from there.

It's not too bad.

I picked up 32 points with Terry & Fabregas still to play to so i'm hoping to hit 40 for the weekend.

I think I got caught up in Bojan hype so I want him out because I think a Weimann or a Naismith will be more consistent over the season for a similar price and I think I could get better points elsewhere for the money that Herrera cost.

I think I'll hold off and do one free transfer a week and see how it goes from there.

I wouldn't dump one hyped-up player for another. Naismith will have to compete for his spot with McGeady once Mirallas comes back and Weimann is not consistent at all. I've got Bojan in my team and for a 5.5 budget striker he's doing what I require; starting. I'll give him until week 5 (when a few others I have for that spot have easier fixtures). More options that way. Agree you should hold off, but I'd advise you save the free transfer as well and use them two at a time (far more flexibility swapping two players combined value instead of one). That way if you're set on selling Bojan you can get a good replacement for him instead of another budget option you'll be looking to ship weeks later.

As for Herrera I'd agree. Cambella and Tadic (same value) both impressed and play far more advanced roles for their teams. Or trade down for an ever-reliable sort of mid and use the money to upgrade Bojan.

I wouldn't dump one hyped-up player for another. Naismith will have to compete for his spot with McGeady once Mirallas comes back and Weimann is not consistent at all. I've got Bojan in my team and for a 5.5 budget striker he's doing what I require; starting. I'll give him until week 5 (when a few others I have for that spot have easier fixtures). More options that way. Agree you should hold off, but I'd advise you save the free transfer as well and use them two at a time (far more flexibility swapping two players combined value instead of one). That way if you're set on selling Bojan you can get a good replacement for him instead of another budget option you'll be looking to ship weeks later.

As for Herrera I'd agree. Cambella and Tadic (same value) both impressed and play far more advanced roles for their teams. Or trade down for an ever-reliable sort of mid and use the money to upgrade Bojan.

I want to get Steeling in my team. I forgot all about him when I was picking a side doh

Herrera is valued at 7.5, I have 0.5 in the bank and swapping Bojan (5.5) for Paysmith (5.0) could give me the other 0.5 million to make that change so that was the thinking behind that move.

I'd like Hazard (10) too but I would need to get rid of Eriksen (8) & Mata (9) to get him in. I actually think Mata will have a good season but Eriksen is another one I'm that I'm a bit unsure about, especially at 8 million.

This is my first time ever doing fantasy football so it's all a bit new to me :lol:

I want to get Steeling in my team. I forgot all about him when I was picking a side

Herrera is valued at 7.5, I have 0.5 in the bank and swapping Bojan (5.5) for Paysmith (5.0) could give me the other 0.5 million to make that change so that was the thinking behind that move.

I'd like Hazard (10) too but I would need to get rid of Eriksen (8) & Mata (9) to get him in. I actually think Mata will have a good season but Eriksen is another one I'm that I'm a bit unsure about, especially at 8 million.

This is my first time ever doing fantasy football so it's all a bit new to me :lol:

I would keep Mata just now - his fixtures are too good. That'll change in a few weeks and you can look to swap him with another premium mid heading into good fixtures (City is a shout). I think Eriksen will have a good year but he's a little expensive for my liking. Hazard looked good tonight too but his price isn't changing, Sterling's price will increase so I'd go for him now and work your way towards Hazard in the next couple weeks if you want.

Then again, one solid piece of advice I can give you from experience; go with your own gut. Whether it's a great choice or a poor one, it feels better knowing it was your own win/loss rather than advice from someone else.

I would keep Mata just now - his fixtures are too good. That'll change in a few weeks and you can look to swap him with another premium mid heading into good fixtures (City is a shout). I think Eriksen will have a good year but he's a little expensive for my liking. Hazard looked good tonight too but his price isn't changing, Sterling's price will increase so I'd go for him now and work your way towards Hazard in the next couple weeks if you want.

Then again, one solid piece of advice I can give you from experience; go with your own gut. Whether it's a great choice or a poor one, it feels better knowing it was your own win/loss rather than advice from someone else.

Providing his price doesn't change before the next round of games I can afford Sterling on Sunday so that'll be my transfer this week.

Going to swap Eriksen out for him and then let a couple of transfers build up after that.

Providing his price doesn't change before the next round of games I can afford Sterling on Sunday so that'll be my transfer this week.

Going to swap Eriksen out for him and then let a couple of transfers build up after that.

Sterling will likely reach 8.6 before the weekend. The Chelsea performance has slowed interest but he's still a favourite.

Snodgrass will need punted then.

He's already gone down in value, I'd hurry up with that before you lose too much on him. Should be cheap down the line though.

That's a good site. I registered my team on it and found out in a couple of clicks that 5 of my squad have progressed :) and TEN have went downhill :mad:

That's a good site. I registered my team on it and found out in a couple of clicks that 5 of my squad have progressed :) and TEN have went downhill :mad:

It's not exact, but it shows how players are developing. Sad thing is this early in the game there's a lot of bandwagons so Mata looks to be going down in value and bloody Cattermole is going up after he scored his one goal for the season :rolleyes:

Got a few in profit myself. Just need Siggy to go to 6.2 tonight and I'll have my first workable profit of the new season. Swear I play the first month more like an accountant than a manager.