EPL Fantasy Football 2014/15

Iakona

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this generally a decent time to use your wildcard?

Depends if you're happy with your team or not..

But generally speaking now that the transfer window is closed it's a good time. It gives you unlimited transfers until next Saturday.. so if you build a new team tonight but then you then decide you don't like it tomorrow you're free to go back in and change it again.

You will also get a wildcard in January, however that one can only be played during the January transfer window.

Depends if you're happy with your team or not..

But generally speaking now that the transfer window is closed it's a good time. It gives you unlimited transfers until next Saturday.. so if you build a new team tonight but then you then decide you don't like it tomorrow you're free to go back in and change it again.

You will also get a wildcard in January, however that one can only be played during the January transfer window.

I'm generally pretty happy with it but there's four or five changes that I would like to make.

I'm not sure if that warrants playing a wildcard or not though.

Can anybody give me some advice on defenders.

At the moment I have Shawcross, Ivanovic, Lovren, Janmaat & Caulker, but I think I could make a couple of changes and get better guys who will score more points.

I also have 0.5 million in the bank.

I think Phil Jones is worth putting in (5.4 million). He's not a good player but with his versatility he will probably play a lot and Man Utd will keep a lot more clean sheets than a mid table club with a better player will so I would expect him to score between 100-125 points over the course of the season.

Can anybody give me some advice on defenders.

At the moment I have Shawcross, Ivanovic, Lovren, Janmaat & Caulker, but I think I could make a couple of changes and get better guys who will score more points.

I also have 0.5 million in the bank.

I think Phil Jones is worth putting in (5.4 million). He's not a good player but with his versatility he will probably play a lot and Man Utd will keep a lot more clean sheets than a mid table club with a better player will so I would expect him to score between 100-125 points over the course of the season.

I think having Liverpool and Newcastle defenders is a bad idea as they concede too many. Chambers is good value especially if Debuchy is out. Blackett is good value providing LVG doesn't drop him and for this weekend Dier of Spurs who are at home to West Bromwich I think could be capable of a clean sheet and/or a cheeky goal.

I think having Liverpool and Newcastle defenders is a bad idea as they concede too many. Chambers is good value especially if Debuchy is out. Blackett is good value providing LVG doesn't drop him and for this weekend Dier of Spurs who are at home to West Bromwich I think could be capable of a clean sheet and/or a cheeky goal.

I thought about sticking Dier in this week but i'm keeping my transfer for next weekend so I can do a bit of wheeling/dealing and make a couple of changes.

As for Janmaat & Lovren, they are the two who I am mostly concerned about. Newcastle are absolutely awful at the moment and Liverpool are just too weak at that back, partly because of the style of football that they play even if I do think Lovren is a good player.

Chambers is a good shout for much the same reason as I think Jones would be, his versatility is going to help him play a lot of games over the season. Those two in for Janmaat & Lovren would be a decent start.

To me, defenders are a tricky one because I think they are a lot more interchangeable with each other than midfielders and strikers are. Most teams from 8th-15th will concede a similar number of goals each season and very few centre halves score or assist more than a couple whereas a midfielder can be playing out of his skin and a striker can be on a hot scoring run.

Picked Shawcross over Caulker in my line up this week. Shawcross got 0 points, Caulker got 9 :anguish:

I can put Chambers & Clyne in for Janmaat & Lovren and up my money in the bank to 1.2 million which I can then use to replace Naismith & Krul over the next couple of weeks.

This constant wheeling and dealing is making me feel like Harry Redknapp :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If a player is injured but you put him in your starting 11 so they just auto sub him out for your first sub who did play?

In general if a player is in your starting 11 but does not play he will auto sub for your first sub. However if your injured player is a defender, your first sub is a striker or midfielder and you start with 3 at the back your auto sub will be your first defender sub as you can't have 2 at the back, if all that makes sense!

In general if a player is in your starting 11 but does not play he will auto sub for your first sub. However if your injured player is a defender, your first sub is a striker or midfielder and you start with 3 at the back your auto sub will be your first defender sub as you can't have 2 at the back, if all that makes sense!

Yeah that makes sense.

The player in question is Mark Noble. With West Ham being more likely to get a result against QPR than Arsenal are to get one at Chelsea I picked him ahead of Welbeck this week but he's out injured so it looks like Welbeck will be auto subbed in anyway.

I got just over 60. I need to replace Begovic, but unsure who to bring in...

I have Begovic & Krul at the moment. There doesn't seem to be many teams who are keeping a lot of clean sheets just now so I'm not sure if changing keepers is going to make too much of a difference. The majority of them are on pretty similar points.

I think my transfer this week is going to be Sterling out for DiMaria and then I'll build up a couple so I can bin Lovren & Caulker in one go and bring a couple of better players in.

I've also got my eye on Jelavic for either Ulloa or Welbeck too.

You wouldn't think I played my wildcard two weeks ago with the amount of changes I'm looking to make :lol:

• 4 weeks later...