Manager can handle it.

bawsburst

Correct. According to the 120 day review, for the 19 month period it covered it was only £7m, to average it out for an annual cost it's about £4.4m per year. That covers around 200 members of staff and all board members. Several of which have since left the club.

That's not what the accounts posted in Oct 2013 said.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the phone so can't post a link but these figures come from Rangers own accounts.

Staff costs were listed as £17,900,000 of which around £6,000,000 was player costs

fwiw, player costs werent 6mill, 7mill was the first team costs, that doesnt include management salaries, non first team wages, coach wages etc

im sure the lawman posted something on here before about the real breakdown,

infact here it is

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=268616&hl=

infact north road posted something better, that for 18 months our FIRST TEAM WAGES were 10.4million, thats fucking ridiculous given we faced part timers and amateurs

That's not what the accounts posted in Oct 2013 said.

That is total staff costs which include all payments to staff, not just wages.

Staff costs ------------------------------------------------17,943

Other operating charges ------------------------------13,317

Hire of plant and machinery ------------------------------194

Depreciation of property, plant and equipment-------765

Revenue grants --------------------------------------------( 374 )

Amortisation of trade marks-----------------------------------1

Amortisation of players’ registrations-----------------1,718

Auditor’s remuneration--------------------------------------105

Total operating expenses-------------------------------33,668

Player costs are RIFC’s most significant expenditure, including £7.8 million in respect of the first team playing squad.

That is a list of our expenditure for that accounting period.

This is a more simplified one from the review

r8vuk3.jpg

Note non football payroll costs. Please note though, both examples are from differing time periods and averages have had to be calculated for comparison purposes.

fwiw, player costs werent 6mill, 7mill was the first team costs, that doesnt include management salaries, non first team wages, coach wages etc

im sure the lawman posted something on here before about the real breakdown,

infact here it is

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=268616&hl=

infact north road posted something better, that for 18 months our FIRST TEAM WAGES were 10.4million, thats fucking ridiculous given we faced part timers and amateurs

Mistake on my part with the £6m meant to write £7.8m.

Perhaps Rangers did massively overpay in terms of wages for players but the point I was originally making is that far more money was wasted on bonus money, directors wages and other unnecessary buys than wasted on players.

Frankly some directors got hundreds of thousands of pounds in bonus for money for doing nothing more than getting out of bad of bed in the morning.

Also near £1,000,000 for Edminston House? Which only lined David Murray's pockets? Plenty more people at the front of the line when it comes to wasting money other than Ally IMHO.

Typo on my part with the £6m meant to write £7.8m.

Perhaps Rangers did massively overpay in terms of wages for players but the point I was originally making is that far more money was wasted on bonus money, directors wages and other unnecessary buys than wasted on players.

Frankly some directors got hundreds of thousands of pounds in bonus for money for doing nothing more than getting out of bad of bed in the morning.

Also near £1,000,000 for Edminston House? Which only lined David Murray's pockets? Plenty more people at the front of the line when it comes to wasting money other than Ally IMHO.

But that simply isn't true mate, neither bold statement in fact. In the 2 years in the lower leagues we have spent almost £25m on our first team football operations. Not directly Allys fault granted but that is what he felt he needed to negotiate the bottom 2 tiers of Scottish football. That is simply unacceptable both from a boardroom point of view and managerial.

And hasn't this thread taken an unsurprising turn?

Same old arguments just a different topic.

Boyd who a lot on here said was hated by Ally (pre-signing) seems to quite like our manager.

He states his opinion on how things look to him and Ally, who hasn't said a word gets slated for it....again!

Mistake on my part with the £6m meant to write £7.8m.

Dont forget the player costs are first team players only, not management or youth players, coaches etc

Same old arguments just a different topic.

Boyd who a lot on here said was hated by Ally (pre-signing) seems to quite like our manager.

He states his opinion on how things look to him and Ally, who hasn't said a word gets slated for it....again!

The thread title states "Manager can handle it". Stands to reason he will be talked about. The thread is afterall, about him.

Also, i would put my mortgage on Kris' personal feelings are different from what he says in public. In fact, i am sure of it. He had been begging Ally to bring him home since 2012. Ally chose Sandaza, Jon Daly and Kevin Kyle instead.

But that simply isn't true mate, neither bold statement in fact. In the 2 years in the lower leagues we have spent almost £25m on our first team football operations. Not directly Allys fault granted but that is what he felt he needed to negotiate the bottom 2 tiers of Scottish football. That is simply unacceptable both from a boardroom point of view and managerial.

The CEO and board of directors run the money side of things at a club, the manager the football side of things. Just like you don't blame the CEO for the team getting beat you don't blame the manager for the business side of the club either IMHO.

Unless Ally put a gun to Greens/Mather/Wallace's head and forced them to sign players then I can't see why you blame the manager. Every manager on earth wants to sign more players it's the CEO's job to set a budget within the clubs means and stick to it.

The CEO and board of directors run the money side of things at a club, the manager the football side of things. Just like you don't blame the CEO for the team getting beat you don't blame the manager for the business side of the club either IMHO.

Unless Ally put a gun to Greens/Mather/Wallace's head and forced them to sign players then I can't see why you blame the manager. Every manager on earth wants to sign more players it's the CEO's job to set a budget within the clubs means and stick to it.

I'm not mate, i have already said 2 or 3 times he is not directly to blame for the spending/allocating of budgets.

I'm not mate, i have already said 2 or 3 times he is not directly to blame for the spending/allocating of budgets.

If I have misinterpreted what you are saying above then I'm wrong but it just seems that by saying not directly to blame that you apportion some of the blame to Ally? Or that indirectly he is to blame?

Think GWs performance on this front has been pretty shocking thb. Even a few weeks ago with agreeing to signing the back up backup keeper is just absurd.

Many actions, ie the costly player bus, the hotel stays for trips 45 minutes from Glasgow ( some players will travel longer each day to training) have been like Ally's contribution to player payroll - spend spend spend.

Ultimately Ally is not a player development type manager, he is a Wattie clone. Until now our experienced players have got us through but this season, if not definitely next, that won't be enough. Some managers can compensate for having weaker players than the opponents through better tactics, motivation, or perseverance on the training ground. Ally can't. Now we're coming up against seasoned full time players his failings will show up even more.

But hey, some will back him regardless of the obvious.

The thread title states "Manager can handle it". Stands to reason he will be talked about. The thread is afterall, about him.

Also, i would put my mortgage on Kris' personal feelings are different from what he says in public. In fact, i am sure of it. He had been begging Ally to bring him home since 2012. Ally chose Sandaza, Jon Daly and Kevin Kyle instead.

Boyd stated in the press there was no animosity between him and Ally. Boyd supports Ally in this article. Yet in your mind they hate each other? Wouldn't that make Kris a liar?

Boyd stated in the press there was no animosity between him and Ally. Boyd supports Ally in this article. Yet in your mind they hate each other? Wouldn't that make Kris a liar?

I didn't say that. Where on earth did you get that from? I am saying what he is telling the press and public is different from what he thinks in private. I didn't mention the word hate.

Boyd would be ridiculously foolish to come out and publicly criticise his manager. Any player would.

If I have misinterpreted what you are saying above then I'm wrong but it just seems that by saying not directly to blame that you apportion some of the blame to Ally? Or that indirectly he is to blame?

He was the one wanting more players when we were posting financial losses. Where did he think the funds were going to come from? No one will ever convince me he thought it was right financially or morally to spend what we done in the bottom tier. Every man and their dog knows and knew our club was running at a loss and yet he still wanted more. That was bizarre. He must have known it was harming the club.

I didn't say that. Where on earth did you get that from? I am saying what he is telling the press and public is different from what he thinks in private. I didn't mention the word hate.

Boyd would be ridiculously foolish to come out and publicly criticise his manager. Any player would.

What does Boyd think in private then and how do you know it?

Some on here were saying Ally chased Boyd from Rangers even though Walter Smith has stated we couldn't afford to keep him and he wanted a new challenge.

The same people stated that Ally didn't rate or like Boyd. He signed the guy a few days later!!!

Think GWs performance on this front has been pretty shocking thb. Even a few weeks ago with agreeing to signing the back up backup keeper is just absurd.

Many actions, ie the costly player bus, the hotel stays for trips 45 minutes from Glasgow ( some players will travel longer each day to training) have been like Ally's contribution to player payroll - spend spend spend.

Ultimately Ally is not a player development type manager, he is a Wattie clone. Until now our experienced players have got us through but this season, if not definitely next, that won't be enough. Some managers can compensate for having weaker players than the opponents through better tactics, motivation, or perseverance on the training ground. Ally can't. Now we're coming up against seasoned full time players his failings will show up even more.

But hey, some will back him regardless of the obvious.

Who has been a player development type of manager at Rangers over the years they've all been cheque book managers to some extent. Probably because our fans don't have the patience to sit back and let young players make mistakes and learn from them.

Not having a go at anyone but the same people who now slag off Ally for not using youth more are probably the same one's who assassinated Charlie Adam almost every time he played. The lad was never given the time needed to reach his full potential cause fans were always on his back after every bad pass.

Would also add a proper Rangers youth system/scouting system should have been put in place 20 years ago not just since Ally took over.

What does Boyd think in private then and how do you know it?

Some on here were saying Ally chased Boyd from Rangers even though Walter Smith has stated we couldn't afford to keep him and he wanted a new challenge.

The same people stated that Ally didn't rate or like Boyd. He signed the guy a few days later!!!

I've been told by someone who knows his family. Hate is the wrong word but he certainly isn't Kris' best pal. I am not even convinced Ally is 100% on Boyd either, he had 2 years and several transfer windows to sign him and point blank ignored him.

We couldn't afford to keep Boyd but i think, and it's only my opinion, he was forced out for other reasons. Reasons i would hope he has now grown out of. In fact i am sure he has. He is a far more mature and professional player now than he was when he was here last time.

He was the one wanting more players when we were posting financial losses. Where did he think the funds were going to come from? No one will ever convince me he thought it was right financially or morally to spend what we done in the bottom tier. Every man and their dog knows and knew our club was running at a loss and yet he still wanted more. That was bizarre. He must have known it was harming the club.

As I've already said a few posts back GW told Ally he had more money to spend on players I'm sure Ally took that at face value.

Hate to use them as analogy but when Fergus McCann took septic over he told Tommy Burns many times that he won't get money for players as the club can't afford it. If that was the same case at Rangers then Wallace should have stopped sending out mixed messages and told Ally what the situation was.

As I've already said a few posts back GW told Ally he had more money to spend on players I'm sure Ally took that at face value.

Hate to use them as analogy but when Fergus McCann took septic over he told Tommy Burns many times that he won't get money for players as the club can't afford it. If that was the same case at Rangers then Wallace should have stopped sending out mixed messages and told Ally what the situation was.

Did he because Burns actually built a very expensive Celtic side? Thom, Stubbs, McNamara, Johnson, Cadete, McKinlay, Hughes, Wieghorst, O'Donnell, Van Hooidonk and Di Canio. Sounds like mind games from McCann. That is around £20m in 3 years. Huge sums in those days.

I've been told by someone who knows his family. Hate is the wrong word but he certainly isn't Kris' best pal. I am not even convinced Ally is 100% on Boyd either, he had 2 years and several transfer windows to sign him and point blank ignored him.

We couldn't afford to keep Boyd but i think, and it's only my opinion, he was forced out for other reasons. Reasons i would hope he has now grown out of. In fact i am sure he has. He is a far more mature and professional player now than he was when he was here last time.

So someone who knows Boyd's family told you his real feelings? lmao!

I repeat.... is Kris a liar then?