Sunday Rangers Quiz

tannerall

Two questions for starters.

1) Princess Alexandra presented John Greig with the Scotttish FA Cup Trophy at the "Royal" 1973 Scottish Cup final. At which Scottish football park did she arrive for the game ?

2) Who knocked Rangers out of the cup in 1887 ?

1) surprised this wasn't answered; she arrived by helicopter at Lesser Hampden, which I assume is no longer there? IIRC she wore a blue coat and white gloves :D

1) surprised this wasn't answered; she arrived by helicopter at Lesser Hampden, which I assume is no longer there? IIRC she wore a blue coat and white gloves :D

Correct. (I got to the Rangers end at Hampden just as the helicopter arrived and we watched her getting out on the smaller open pitch of Lesser Hampden.) (tu)

That's exactly how I remember it, I was one of the 12,000 at that Spurs game. Heard about Souness when I was at college the next night and refused to believe it until I got home and saw it on television.

I was at it as well a sunny sunday afternoon if memory serves me right.

My son played football on this pitch a couple of times in the past fortnight.

Was told by the tenants that Rangers won three Scottish Cups here.....anyone?

That will be Cathkin Park, home of Third Lanark. In the late 1890's Rangers won three Scottish Cup there. It was known then as Hampden Park until the new and present Hampden site was created in 1903. Third Lanark then moved in and renamed it.

That will be Cathkin Park, home of Third Lanark. In the late 1890's Rangers won three Scottish Cup there. It was known then as Hampden Park until the new and present Hampden site was created in 1903. Third Lanark then moved in and renamed it.

Correct mate,the new tenants are the Jimmy Johnstone Academy.Its like a shrine to Johnstone and has better changing facilities than some full time clubs.You can still see the barriers etc through the trees and gorse.Unfortunately the place has got a bit run down but is steeped in history.The first all ticket Scotland v England game was played here as well.My boy was well chuffed that he had played on a park that Rangers lifted the Scottish Cup in.

Correct mate,the new tenants are the Jimmy Johnstone Academy.Its like a shrine to Johnstone and has better changing facilities than some full time clubs.You can still see the barriers etc through the trees and gorse.Unfortunately the place has got a bit run down but is steeped in history.The first all ticket Scotland v England game was played here as well.My boy was well chuffed that he had played on a park that Rangers lifted the Scottish Cup in.

Who does your son play with?