Rangers Roadshows

This is something that happenned here in Sunderland where I live at the tail-end of the season.

The Chairman Niall Quinn went round the city and surrounding villages promoting the club on a roadshow where he answered ALL questions fired at him. He stood up and answered angry supporters' questions on the back of previous failings. Trying to entice disillusioned fans back after the failings of the season before last.

In other words, he put his balls on the line. Big time. It has certainly paid off. They went from bottom (after losing their first 4 games of the season) to winning the Championship. The ground will be filled every home game next season.

What are we doing ? Not a lot, Murray is silent, while Walter's hands are tied. We could do well to learn from this.

It's three issues in my humble opinion :

1 : respect for the fans

2 : confronting difficult issues face to face

3 : financial input

Murray is I hope working hard behind the scene. Who knows - I certainly do not.

We are all disappointed in SDM recently and this Summer our lack of activity is not helping.

We need to just wait it out and HOPE FOR A SMALL MIRACLE - NO CHOICE I AM AFRAID

Murray is I hope working hard behind the scene. Who knows - I certainly do not.

We are all disappointed in SDM recently and this Summer our lack of activity is not helping.

We need to just wait it out and HOPE FOR A SMALL MIRACLE - NO CHOICE I AM AFRAID

thing is he hasnt even came out and approved the signings we have made so far, the only contact we have had (as far as im aware) is a season ticket renewal form where he actually tried to justify RAISING prices. Now im not saying that he isnt working hard but to at least come out and give the club a sense of direction and admitting full backing to WS or a backing of some sort should be required given the somewhat "Panic" the club is going through.

There actually used to be such forums but they were stopped a number of years ago.

IIRC, at last year's club AGM there was a suggestion these would be resurrected by the club officials present (including Murray/Bain). This hasn't happened as it's much easier to have such a function when the club is doing well as opposed to our current woes.

Any concerned fan should try to attend the club AGM this autumn and get your questions asked. It may not make a lot of difference but it adds that little bit more pressure to the under-performing administration.

Mt admiration for Niall Quinn grows everytime i hear about the guy , always in touch with the fans or at least attempting to be , plus i loved at his testimonial it all went to charity and players who appeared at it were asked to make a donation rather than receive a gift - great guy , we need a Rangers equivilent to help improve the relationship between the club and the fans just now.

we need a Rangers equivilent to help improve the relationship between the club and the fans just now.

Agree completely with that.

At the minute the fans have no-one to relate to. Murray is AWOL, Bain is not a Rangers fan like us and even the likes of Greig/Jardine no longer have the respect of many fans.

Gordon Smith would have filled that PR role perfectly. Too late now, so someone else should be considered.