British flag has been removed from Ibrox today

KingKirk

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is.. Much did we get for Ibrox yesterday? We are British n are proud to be so why can't both be flying..

I have no idea how much we made. What are the rules regarding selection of stadia when Hampden is out of use or for under age competition? Are the SFA automatically granted permission to use any SFA member clubs stadium (assuming no prior event is taking place?

The flag can't be flying because in UEFA's rules its the flag of the competing nations, UEFA and the UEFA Fair Play logo. Britain does not exist in a footballing context.

Do Britain play at Ibrox every other weekend? Nope doesn't stop it flying then.

When Rangers play there are no rules in place regarding which flags are to be flown at the stadium however for UEFA international competitions there is. Much like in the CL & EL with advertising.

Seriously? Ur either at it or something else.

So. If they rent the pitch, they can go into the trophy room and play with the cups? They can go into the CEOs office? They can put a huge banner up on our frontage? They can put up a picture of, for instance, the paedo protecting pope in the dressing room? They can cry wank each other off in the bath? Cos they can do that in their own ground...

Aye, pathetic right enough. But not the way you mean

Lol. Of course not. For fuck sake, don't be so ridiculous. doh

You're another one that needs a sense of perspective.

Again, I don't know why I'm even bothering with that kind of nonsense, but OK. Changing flags depending on circumstance is a reasonable course of action and an accepted protocol in many places. It's clearly within the bounds of acceptability for a rented stadium. Doing the things you suggest are clearly not.

So it's in the rules as well?

I hope there are a few feeling a bit sheepish after this thread.

It's maybe an idea to think about things a little more calmly before flagging down the offended bus in the future. Acting like this over something as insignificant as this just makes it easier for people to say 'ach, just ignore them, they're just perma-offended Rangers fans' (the kind of things we used to say about mhanks) when there's an issue that actually does matter.

The UF was flown over Ibrox at the commenwealth games btw.

Why is it I am the only one giving photgraphic evidence to back my posts up? Did you see a UF in the Rugby 7's photo I posted? Where is your photo to show me a UF flying?

Maybe we just live in such a bigoted we country I wouldn't expect nothing less tho from a country that's against anything that's British

I think you're trying too hard to be something that you feel represents your vision of Rangers we have always been a free thinking club unlike the beasts from the eastend.

Its good that supporters have differing views and opinions.

There is a simple solution, the club should tell the SFA we will not allow the union flag to be removed from Ibrox (or insert sports direct name here) on international nights or don't use our ground.

Of course we would lose the revenue from that night and the peadodome will get all the games but got to stick up for things.

Until we go bust and the people who cut their nose off to spite their face go home and wish they had woke up sooner!

No, I would rather see a Labour / Tory coalition than any coalition involving UKIP.

So you decide on the coalition then?

Senior Tories have already stated their interest in UKIP, so either Labour win or Tories win with amajority - if not we stand a good chance of seeing that bigot in Downing Street.

Aye cause rejecting there money means we go bust.

When we have very little money and a wage bill of similar amounts to what the SFA have paid, I'd say we do stand a chance of going bust if we refuse just under a million pound on the matter of principle.

That said, you are too blinkered to be able to see it.

So it's in the rules as well?

I hope there are a few feeling a bit sheepish after this thread.

It's maybe an idea to think about things a little more calmly before flagging down the offended bus in the future. Acting like this over something as insignificant as this just makes it easier for people to say 'ach, just ignore them, they're just perma-offended Rangers fans' (the kind of things we used to say about mhanks) when there's an issue that actually does matter.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/03/92/81/2039281_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Article 41.01

GOAT, on 11 October 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Sorry Goat....you're 100% wrong. The UF was NOT flown over Ibrox for the CG.

I cant get the pic to post on here....but heres the web address of the pic that shows how wrong u are

452717530-general-view-during-the-rugby-

Who gives a flying fuck what the haters think .Could you be one of those haters ?

More fucks are being given about a wee flag being flown over Ibrox park, which was rented out for a SCOTTISH qualifying game. Believe it or not, Ibrox is not the cornerstone for everything British. The empire has not fallen because a championship side's ground has had to take the UF down for a Scotland game. The responses on here are irrational, and i bet if there was to be a "protest" outside ibrox about it, it would turn into another disturbance like that on the 19th September. Loonies.

Get with the programme bears.

GOAT, on 11 October 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Sorry Goat....you're 100% wrong. The UF was NOT flown over Ibrox for the CG.

I cant get the pic to post on here....but heres the web address of the pic that shows how wrong u are

http://cache3.asset-...YG95YNLNgOSkEdv

I already posted the pic mate, GOAT just either jumped in without reading the various opinions on the thread, or just blatantly ignored the photo.

NOTE: As GOAT has been active in this thread, he clearly just ignores photographic evidence.