Armed Forces Day So Important

StewGer

Good words from the young lads.

http://rangers.co.uk...ay-so-important

RANGERS midfielders Lewis Macleod and Fraser Aird have both stressed the importance of Rangers continued support of the Armed Forces.

The boys were speaking ahead of tomorrow’s Armed Forces Day at Ibrox which they both see as a significant day during the season.

Rangers will welcome over 200 services personnel and veterans this Saturday as part of the special event to honour the brave men and women of our armed forces.

Aird said: “It’s a massive part of our tradition at Rangers, they’re always amazing days, it’s really emotional for the fans, coaching staff and the players showing our respects.

“It should be a great day; I’ve been involved in the last two since I’ve been in the first team so I’m looking forward to it on Saturday.”

Macleod was appearing at the launch of a Help for Heroes and Rangers initiative to assist veterans overcome addictions and gain their Level 1 coaching badge.

He added: “It’s brilliant to see how much everyone supports the Armed Forces day.

“It’s great that the club as a whole, the fans, players and everybody involved with the club recognise what they have done.

“It will be great for them to get out on the pitch on Saturday and get the applause that they deserve.”