Nicky Law under Stuart McCall (a man manager)

SomeGaveAll

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its not in his locker and maybe he was brought in with that knowledge in mind but unfortunately he is not the sort of midfield player that sets out to impose imself, to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate the way the play goes. He can take goal scoring opportunities when they present themselves but I don't see enough of him creating opportunities for Miller, Boyd, Clark, Daly. To my mind he's a sort of clockwork toy sort of player - you pretty much know what he is going to do and know what he is not going to do before a game starts and as a game unfolds. We clearly need more from the midfield, well in all parts of the field actually, but if its not in his locker and he is not prepared to see if he could do something more other than play in his own clockwork world then we are stuck with that until he is encouraged to break the predicatable mould or until he leaves. Pity really as when he goes forward and applies himself he could be of good value to Rangers - its just that he blends into the nothingness of a game for long spells in a game when the game is crying out for someone like him to take the opportunity the game presents.

Bottom line is this a good Manager as McCall proved, he can get the best out of average players and make them play as best as they can. Me I say get the man in as I am 100% sure he will get the best out of these players we have he likes attacking football and lets be honest we have plenty of strikers.

The reason we are average at best has little to do with how we set up,or our coaching methods,too much is made of this imo, Good players will overcome poor tactics or formations, Our famed long ball tactic is not plan A it creeps into our play because the players we have run out of ideas. Without MacLeod in the team we really struggle, Wallace used to provide a chance or three with his runs down the left but seems badly out of form just now(may not be fully fit) . REFORMATION BEAR hits the nail on the head in regards to LAW.

No Rangers player , if he is worthy of the title, would turn his back on the opposition to avoid being winded.

It was a act of cowardice and caused us to lose that first goal.

Utterly shameful and sums up the problems we hve with this current squad.

You could easily do a YouTube job on him in a Rangers jersey and it'd look equally as impressive bottom line is atandards are so much lower at Motherwell than Rangers and he'll get away with 1 good game in 3 and even then that good game might not be to the same standad we would consider good enough.

From the outside looking in Law did well with Motherwell but anyone looking at him from outside for us might see a midfielder who has bagged 19 goals in a season and a half...I wouldn't be quick to believe the hype about Law, he was supposedly the star of a Motherwell sode that finished 2nd in the SPL yet his fellow professionals didn't rate him highly enough toget a nnomination for Player of the Year

You could easily do a YouTube job on him in a Rangers jersey and it'd look equally as impressive bottom line is atandards are so much lower at Motherwell than Rangers and he'll get away with 1 good game in 3 and even then that good game might not be to the same standad we would consider good enough.

From the outside looking in Law did well with Motherwell but anyone looking at him from outside for us might see a midfielder who has bagged 19 goals in a season and a half...I wouldn't be quick to believe the hype about Law, he was supposedly the star of a Motherwell sode that finished 2nd in the SPL yet his fellow professionals didn't rate him highly enough toget a nnomination for Player of the Year

Think he won English div 2 player of the year a while back. I am probably too harsh on him and expect too much. A good player for Well and a good player in English lower leagues but there is no more improvement to come imo.

Even with a new manager there will be tough times ahead. If i was a player and looking around the park to see which of my mates were up for the battle, one look at Law would make me physically sick. Bottle merchant if ever there was one.

McCall cant handle the pressure of management. He admitted the fact himself.

No he did not, He said he could not take Motherwell any further. He had ran out of ideas. Basically for 3.5 years he improved them each year despite losing most of the team and rebuilding every year with players of a lesser quality, Yet still managed to beat previous points tally each season which was a post war record for each of the 3 seasons. Look at the team that got to the cup final in his first season compared to the team that finished 2nd with last minute goal at pittodrie.

Basically as he improved as a manger his team got weaker.

Look at our club, if Boyd is having a stinker of a patch then look who Ally had at his disposal to swap him with. McCall never had a selection problem as such, he never had enough quality and this is why when things got to the point it was not turning around he gave the club the chance to bring in another manager and release his wages to do so.

The comparisons with our club is night and day. And one a good coach would thrive to have.

Even with a new manager there will be tough times ahead. If i was a player and looking around the park to see which of my mates were up for the battle, one look at Law would make me physically sick. Bottle merchant if ever there was one.

Time will tell. look at my first post, I basically agree with you but believe he is by far and I mean by a great distance a much better player than the one we have now. Look at all the other players too. Each and every one with our coaching and management have failed to live up to the quality we thought they would bring to the club.

Im sure if you looked back to the time we got the likes of Law, we were happy. That in itself tells a lot.

No he did not, He said he could not take Motherwell any further. He had ran out of ideas. Basically for 3.5 years he improved them each year despite losing most of the team and rebuilding every year with players of a lesser quality, Yet still managed to beat previous points tally each season which was a post war record for each of the 3 seasons. Look at the team that got to the cup final in his first season compared to the team that finished 2nd with last minute goal at pittodrie.

Basically as he improved as a manger his team got weaker.

Look at our club, if Boyd is having a stinker of a patch then look who Ally had at his disposal to swap him with. McCall never had a selection problem as such, he never had enough quality and this is why when things got to the point it was not turning around he gave the club the chance to bring in another manager and release his wages to do so.

The comparisons with our club is night and day. And one a good coach would thrive to have.

You cant "run out of ideas" at Rangers.