new manager-isnt the answer

stevenage bear

I am a great believer in not changing managers for the sake of it.

Changing manger without changing the playing squad wont make any difference.

Cue the Walter Smith and Scotland brigade, but bear with me. Over the years there is a myth that the team gets a short term boost, but over the long hual the same results apply.

At the start of the season everyone was telling us how good MON was at Villa-he couldnt do a thing wrong, well at the half way point in the season Villa are where they were with ODreary-still crap.

My point is we are the same with Le Guen as we were with Eck, why, becuase we basically have the same players.

Answer Murray needs to back Le Guen with big money.

Cue the Walter Smith and Scotland brigade, but bear with me. Over the years there is a myth that the team gets a short term boost, but over the long hual the same results apply.

At the start of the season everyone was telling us how good MON was at Villa-he couldnt do a thing wrong, well at the half way point in the season Villa are where they were with ODreary-still crap.

My point is we are the same with Le Guen as we were with Eck, why, becuase we basically have the same players.

I gave an assessment of PLG in Sept but it was too early but things didnt look good so I said I would give him till new year and things look worse than I thought they would.

I cannot see him turning things around so he needs to go and I dont need anybody to convince me otherwise and that includes Mr Murray who arrived in 87 and confessed he knows nothing about football and he shouldnt start to tell any of us how it should be unless he comes up with what you mentioned serious dosh.

Nobody and I repeat nobody can tell me whats best for RFC after supporting them for 35 yrs.

If the situation is the same at the end of the season what makes you all think it wil be ok in the new season.

Its not too late to go with my original proposals I said long before the French flop was mentioned...Burley and Davies are doing good jobs at Derby and Southampton and they were our loss Im afraid.

You will all be calling for PLG to go one way or the other...RFC and PLG dont go its a simple as that

I gave an assessment of PLG in Sept but it was too early but things didnt look good so I said I would give him till new year and things look worse than I thought they would.

I cannot see him turning things around so he needs to go and I dont need anybody to convince me otherwise and that includes Mr Murray who arrived in 87 and confessed he knows nothing about football and he shouldnt start to tell any of us how it should be unless he comes up with what you mentioned serious dosh.

Nobody and I repeat nobody can tell me whats best for RFC after supporting them for 35 yrs.

If the situation is the same at the end of the season what makes you all think it wil be ok in the new season.

Its not too late to go with my original proposals I said long before the French flop was mentioned...Burley and Davies are doing good jobs at Derby and Southampton and they were our loss Im afraid.

You will all be calling for PLG to go one way or the other...RFC and PLG dont go its a simple as that

I'll say two words that blows the same players theory out of the window - Dundee United , same players as previous managers inherited by Levien and look at the difference in them !!!!

This , we're still stuck with the same players pish doesn't wash with me , time for PLG to go i'm afraid !!!

I'll say two words that blows the same players theory out of the window - Dundee United , same players as previous managers inherited by Levien and look at the difference in them !!!!

This , we're still stuck with the same players pish doesn't wash with me , time for PLG to go i'm afraid !!!

Thanks for that mate you are bang on target.

PLG doesnt have what it takes...he is not in cozy Lyon now

I certainly would not give Le Guen big money, his signings have been shocking and he clearly can't spot a good player. I now know why he was not allowed to make the signings at Lyon and that Aulas and Lacombe chose the players.

I certainly would not give Le Guen big money, his signings have been shocking and he clearly can't spot a good player. I now know why he was not allowed to make the signings at Lyon and that Aulas and Lacombe chose the players.

Agree, not another 2mill dud

I don't think we should switch managers at all. Give him this season then the 1/4 of the next to see what happens.

We've beaten Hearts easily, Hibs easily, should've beaten Celtic and would've if it wasn't for Boruc. It's just the shitty little teams we have trouble with. I'm sure we'll sort it.

Hopefully some of the players are just getting used to the bad weather at this time.

Give him this season then the 1/4 of the next to see what happens

If he has not improved by the summer then he has to go. I don't want him to be here for the start of next season if he cannot change things. He seem's to be getting worse. Another season like this and last season will not be acceptable.

the players arent performing consistantly, and eventually you have to look at the manager to get the best out of them on a regular basis, there is only so long that this can continue for.

We are now in a dog fight for 2nd and unless our form picks up then we will be battling all the way for 2nd. any sort of consistancy and 2nd will be a doddle, we need to secure 2nd and look to next season

If a new manager comes in in the next few weeks he will have very little time to work with the squad, decide what ares need improved and make the necessary changes.

The team is playing poorly and the squad is weak but with a couple of additions in january we can finish second in the league. We have proved that we can perform against the big teams, its the smaller teams lower down the leaguw whicgh are causing us problems.

So I think the best move would be to leave PLG in his position for the moment and address the issue at the end of the season.

If a new manager comes in in the next few weeks he will have very little time to work with the squad, decide what ares need improved and make the necessary changes.

The team is playing poorly and the squad is weak but with a couple of additions in january we can finish second in the league. We have proved that we can perform against the big teams, its the smaller teams lower down the leaguw whicgh are causing us problems.

So I think the best move would be to leave PLG in his position for the moment and address the issue at the end of the season.

Plus, the 'new' manager will have the same players roughly to work with.

the players arent performing consistantly, and eventually you have to look at the manager to get the best out of them on a regular basis, there is only so long that this can continue for.

We are now in a dog fight for 2nd and unless our form picks up then we will be battling all the way for 2nd. any sort of consistancy and 2nd will be a doddle, we need to secure 2nd and look to next season

Le Guen has said himself that he does not know how to get the best out of them and that after 6 months he is still looking for f*cking "solutions".

Le Guen has said himself that he does not know how to get the best out of them and that after 6 months he is still looking for f*cking "solutions".

'eed eez my job, we must sdeek together, I must find a solution'

Such inspiring words.

'eed eez my job, we must sdeek together, I must find a solution'

Such inspiring words.

That really annoys me Danny, he says that in almost every interview.

PLG will get the remainder of the season, but if my instincts are right we ALL will be screaming for him to go before then.

:(

Bud, we could get RELEGATED and there are fans who'd still support him.