Faubert what exactly is he?

polar bear

UEFA says hes a midfielder, he WAS a rightback but can play right back, he is VERSATILE.

Can't remember ever seeing him play,but he sounds like the type of player we should be going for. (tu)

BBC say he's a winger,and Sky he's a defender. <cr>

Equally good as both. Apparently prefers the RB position though. Not that it matters - if he's good enough to play for Bordeaux in the CL as a winger, he's good enough to play for US as a winger.

If there's any truth in the rumour he's coming to us, he'll be coming as a winger. No doubt about it. It sends a serious message to Burkey too.

Great point (tu)

And boy does he need a message like this

This has to be the funniest rumour so far this Summer :lol:

Whys that then? Most French based players would be attracted to Rangers because the money in France aint as good as the cash youll get at Rangers plus we are in the champions league!!!

well guys, heres the low down on him from a french guy from another forum im on

That's excellent news for you. Faubert is really young, really fast (we call him the TGV, which means "train à grande vitesse" because he is super fast), and very versatile. He's certainly not the most technical player, but he has been improving. His biggest strength is his speed; his acceleration is incredible and it's what enables him to score and get past so many defenders

As for where he can play, like I said, he is very versatile. One of the reasons I value him so much is because he can play as an attacking MF and as RB. He came to Bordeaux as a RB, but then he got converted to a MF, so now he can play in both positions.

Anyway, L'Equipe is reporting that he has almost signed with Rangers:

Les Bordelais ont la cote en Ecosse. Après Jean-Claude Darcheville, c'est Julien Faubert qui devrait rejoindre les Glasgow Rangers. Un temps annoncé en Italie, le milieu international des Girondins est sur le point de s'engager avec le vice-champion d'Ecosse pour quatre ans et demi. Selon L'Equipe, samedi, le montant du tranfert avoisinerait 6,5 millions d'euros. Julien Faubert était à Bordeaux depuis trois saisons.

It basically says that Faubert is on the verge of signing with Rangers for four years and a half. The sum is said to be 6,5 million euros, which I think is a reasonable amount for him.

This has to be the funniest rumour so far this Summer :lol:

Whys that then? Most French based players would be attracted to Rangers because the money in France aint as good as the cash youll get at Rangers plus we are in the champions league!!!

We arent in the Champions League though we are in the Qualifiers.

Its not the fact the player would or wouldn't join its the transfer fee.

We said after Celtic signed Brown that we didn't go above our £3.2m bid as we didn't want to use the majority of our budget for one player.

So why would we then go and pay £4.3m for this guy. It doesn't make sense

That's excellent news for you. Faubert is really young, really fast (we call him the TGV, which means "train à grande vitesse" because he is super fast), and very versatile. He's certainly not the most technical player, but he has been improving. His biggest strength is his speed; his acceleration is incredible and it's what enables him to score and get past so many defenders

As for where he can play, like I said, he is very versatile. One of the reasons I value him so much is because he can play as an attacking MF and as RB. He came to Bordeaux as a RB, but then he got converted to a MF, so now he can play in both positions.

Les Bordelais ont la cote en Ecosse. Après Jean-Claude Darcheville, c'est Julien Faubert qui devrait rejoindre les Glasgow Rangers. Un temps annoncé en Italie, le milieu international des Girondins est sur le point de s'engager avec le vice-champion d'Ecosse pour quatre ans et demi. Selon L'Equipe, samedi, le montant du tranfert avoisinerait 6,5 millions d'euros. Julien Faubert était à Bordeaux depuis trois saisons.

It basically says that Faubert is on the verge of signing with Rangers for four years and a half. The sum is said to be 6,5 million euros, which I think is a reasonable amount for him.

Cheers for this post.

Not the most technically gifted suggests he's a powerful running winger who relies on his pace rather than technique. Which is no bad thing if he uses it properly. And besides, he's only 23, and as the above says, 'improving' which implies he could develop into a fantastic player over the next few years.

Not the most technical player ? I would like to think that for that money he would be...

Cheers for the info anyway.

Not the most technical player ? I would like to think that for that money he would be...

That worries me too mate. We already have enough players whose technique is not good enough. As long as he can swing a good cross in after he bombs it to the byline then I'll be happy.

That worries me too mate. We already have enough players whose technique is not good enough. As long as he can swing a good cross in after he bombs it to the byline then I'll be happy.

Aye, a good crosser is what we've been crying out for, Gid.

But by that description he soulds like Sproule...

the french guy was a PSG fan (yer i know) but this was his opinion on him as a french player. its like somebody asking you to describe andrew driver to somebody.

UEFA says hes a midfielder, he WAS a rightback but can play right back, he is VERSATILE.

i guess hed take burkes place as a right mid but if hutton gets injured then he'd slot in there if needed

that sounds about right

i guess hed take burkes place as a right mid but if hutton gets injured then he'd slot in there if needed

Yes in FM07 as thats the only way we will be signing him :craphead:

I couldn't really see Sproule in the CL tbh.

This guy is a French international. I wouldn't be too worried by the description.

Yeah, I am impressed by his French Cap, I have to say.