Real Lives Reunited - Ibrox Disaster

julescotia

Thank you for posting, especially for us overseas Bears.

I always went in Stairway 13, as I did that day .....and always came out Stairway 13 ... except that day.

I came out the side of the Main Stand. To this day I have no explanation why.

When I see videos like this I remain chilled, yet humble.

RTID.

I remember trying to get a hold of my oldest brother who was at the game that day, my mum was absolutely frantic with worry, thank god he went for a drink with his mates after the game, and was one of the lucky ones who made it home safe. An absolutely tragic day in our history.

What a wonderful piece of history!! A very worthwhile video which makes you feel very humble indeed. I've never really given a thought to the volunteer first aid corps at all and I'm glad that they still do their best to help out others. Recently read that Sean Fallon saved the life of a fan with the kiss of life on that sad afternoon. Thanks for posting.

I once lived across the road from a man who was one of the most seriously injured victims of the disaster to have survived.

He told me that his face was so badly swollen that his wife was unable to identify him at the hospital.

I offered to take him to a match on several occasions but he refused and said that he would never go back to another football match in his life.

Great post

I had an Uncle who was there (before I was born)

But my old mans told me how him and my gran (RIP),

Were up all night till he staggered home the next day

not even knowing what had happened.

Hard to believe these days, but true.

So many sad story's of relief and heartbreak mate. Just so difficult to gauge how hard that event would hit you. I stay In East end now and passed the old lady Ibrox today stopped at the statue and there was a wreath saying Gramps. Even to this day it's still affecting this generation.

Spoke to my old nan who was at game. He recalls nothing from game and only found out when he got home like a lot of folk.

It's why we should never give up on our club. Folk traveled to that game that fateful day and never made it home. They gave their lives for our club and they will never ever be forgotten and if we give up then we will have given up on them

So many sad story's of relief and heartbreak mate. Just so difficult to gauge how hard that event would hit you. I stay In East end now and passed the old lady Ibrox today stopped at the statue and there was a wreath saying Gramps. Even to this day it's still affecting this generation.

Spoke to my old nan who was at game. He recalls nothing from game and only found out when he got home like a lot of folk.

It's why we should never give up on our club. Folk traveled to that game that fateful day and never made it home. They gave their lives for our club and they will never ever be forgotten and if we give up then we will have given up on them

Agree 100% mate