25 Quotes About Davie Cooper

liked Tommy McLeans quote, he wasn't the fastest but he was the quickest thinker, lost count of the number of balls he would put through during the Grieg years but would land in acres of space with no one around, it would make him look stupid to those who don't know or appreciate the finer points of the game, it must have frustrated the hell out of him, and although there was no doubt about it, it wasn't until the Souness revolution and the class of player that came to Rangers that you could really appreciate the true genius of Coopers incredible talents.

I'm sure Souness regretted letting Davie leave. It would have been a bit more justifiable if he had gone to Motherwell and tailed off, however, as spoken about, he produced some more sublime football and went on to become one of their best ever players.

Given he stuck by us when we were mince, I think it was unfair he didn't get to enjoy the full extent of our success in the early 90's. I've never

given a toss about another Scottish club winning a trophy, although, to this day I am pleased Motherwell won that cup led magnificently by Coop.

That said, not that he didn't enjoy some great success with us, nor that he didn't enjoy some of our early glory under Walter and Souness; I just think

he should have been a Ranger for life, which of course we all know he was. I think Mr. Souness in hindsight knows that too.

Remember Davie setting up Durranti for the only goal against Celtic in 1986 and Paul Mariner likening Coop's left foot to a can opener in the way his sublime flick split open their defence.

(tu) Roy Aitken is still, to this day, trying to work out how the fuck Coop manage to squeeze that ball past him!!! Sublime touch!