LISTEN UP !

I know its the close season, so there are no games to talk about.

HOWEVER, bickering amongst ourselves meanwhile is simply not acceptable. Im fed up reading daft accusations and disagreements over nothing.

We all go on RM, presumably to have a good time, I would imagine. So lets behave civily towards one another.

ANYONE continuing to get hot-headed will be dealt with. Its as simple as that.

Here are the Forum Rules. Read them again please.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28149

But you forgot to add...dont try and joke or have a wind up coz some of the members are sensitive and cant take it especially when they have had a run in with the person who is at the wind up etc

You said the other day coopermania, its a free world and we can say what we want....mmmmmm????

How things change in a few days eh :pipegreen:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOWEVER, bickering amongst ourselves meanwhile is simply not acceptable. Im fed up reading daft accusations and disagreements over nothing.

We all go on RM, presumably to have a good time, I would imagine. So lets behave civily towards one another.

But you forgot to add...dont try and joke or have a wind up coz some of the members are sensitive and cant take it especially when they have had a run in with the person who is at the wind up etc

You said the other day coopermania, its a free world and we can say what we want....mmmmmm????

the 2 posts you made earlier in Frankie's thread about the day out on Saturday were completely uncalled for. Thats why your warn level was raised FISH.

We are all bears, so lets behave like one.

Nicely (tu)

With free speech comes responsibility....

I think we should all be trying to make the admin's job easier for them instead of more difficult by posting irrelvent crap and arguing in interesting threads.

I think we should all be trying to make the admin's job easier for them instead of more difficult by posting irrelvent crap and arguing in interesting threads.

well said Frankie.

what i will say is dont dish it out and then go running to the mods when people give you it back, if you are prepared to call people cunts wankers and pricks and then say that they are liars, accuse some of the mods of having favourites, then they deserve all they get.

what i will say is dont dish it out and then go running to the mods when people give you it back, if you are prepared to call people cunts wankers and pricks and then say that they are liars, accuse some of the mods of having favourites, then they deserve all they get.

:lol: definately post of the day minstral, that made laugh !! (tu)

(tu)

think you have over reacted ricardo, but i would like to know myself, why THEFISH is treated with leniency on his attacks towards people, yet people are told to stop with the personal attacks when most are of smaller offence than his.

maybe i'm just bein stupid and totally misreading things lol ahwell just my input.

That is a very good question - the Fish in especial and one or two others to a lesser extent seem to get away with murder on here.

You should not lose sight of the message you used to lure Gers fans here when the Beeb site closed down. Come on in you say, this will eb a forum where ordinary fans can talk about Rangers football club you said. Lots of promises of being different from the likes of FF - well, it looks like this is heading down the road of Follow Follow - definitely seems to me that the site is being ran by a certain faction for the same faction.

Yes you are right Bauba - a certain faction who tend to use evidence to justify their arguement rather than continually rely purely on opinion.

And talking of Fish and your allegation ... that he receives preferential treatment ....along with a few others...

Problem with that assertion is that it doesn't quite fit with the facts.

If Ricardo wants to take the huff with the boards and admin - then so be it - funny thing is that I kind of agree with him on this one for once - but rules are rules -and I will be honest and say that I wont shed a tear either over his departure.

He more than anyone got away with abuse of other posters - perhaps it was not intended (as he himself said - he got excited about seeing sweary words in print) but when someone refers to you as an f**** prick - tries to bring into question your personal integrity - or the authenticity of debate related evidence you have posted - the intellect of others - or prevaricates on what he has posted...verging on lying - or as Coop has pointed out makes posts attacking the personality of other posters (admin or otherwise) - then to suggest that he has been a victim of some kind of discriminatory preferrential treatment - is an opinion which runs contrary to the facts...facts which every poster on this board has seen.

I dont always agree with admin decisions - but to suggest they are anything less than even handed/fair of their treatment of posters is insulting and unfair on guys who are trying to do their best in very difficult circumstances.

Too true - Ricardo and TheFishflaps both seem to get away with quite a bit more than perhaps should be expected. I agree with a lot of what Ricardo says (the substantive points rather than the abuse) and I find Fish distatsteful, but rules apply to all of us, and it's not treating us like children if we are expected to refrain from attacking the messenger rather than the message - it's a rule which applies in civil society, so why not here?

I use this site as a RFC fan for reference, rumours and opinions etc. I don't really intend to post.

But, in the context of this thread, I just wanted to say: Rangers Media has been different class and a breath of fresh air and that is because the debates/posts are done with a maturity/decency/consideration for others' opinions that is totally lacking on FF. I think it is important that RFC fans have a forum like this where the diverse views of Rangers supporting individuals can be exchanged without the poisonous and biased vitriol that you come across on FF where a pack of hardcore neanderthals decry any opinion and slander any poster who's opinion isn't that of the hardcore. Such a pack-mentality stifles debate and poisons the general atmosphere of the site. On FF there isn't a level playing field (I notice a similar remark has been made here about what The Fish - that caricature - gets away with): On FF the neds galley constantly goad and deride and attack the hand-wringers/the pc poofs/the softcore etc and if you ever get riled enough to make a joke or humourous dig back - then they can't take it - you are immediately banned (as happened to myself). So, the debate isn't fair. It is skewered in favour of an intolerant hardcore that frequently espouses nothing more than hatred - frequently hatred of fellow Rangers supporters.

I despise FF and they will never be a voice for me.

(Ironically, a CFC mate who knows Suck offered to intervene on my behalf - me a Rangers fan for over 30 years needs a CFC fan to be allowed to access a Rangers fans site! - but I declined my mate's help... I want nothing more to do with them).

Anyway, getting back on track, my point simply is: don't let Rangers Media go the way of FF.

The way to prevent Rangers Media from going down that unfortunate route is responsible moderation and for fellow Rangers supporters to show consideration for each other and to respect each other's opinions when they post. Then we can have a proper forum for Rangers fans where mature debate is possible.

That mature forum is what Rangers Media is and hopefully will remain.

That's all - I didn't mean to preach - but I only raise my voice because I think this is important - all the best.

Hear hear. Every point on this post seconded. (tu)

think you have over reacted ricardo, but i would like to know myself, why THEFISH is treated with leniency on his attacks towards people, yet people are told to stop with the personal attacks when most are of smaller offence than his.

maybe i'm just bein stupid and totally misreading things lol ahwell just my input.

That is a very good question - the Fish in especial and one or two others to a lesser extent seem to get away with murder on here.

You should not lose sight of the message you used to lure Gers fans here when the Beeb site closed down. Come on in you say, this will eb a forum where ordinary fans can talk about Rangers football club you said. Lots of promises of being different from the likes of FF - well, it looks like this is heading down the road of Follow Follow - definitely seems to me that the site is being ran by a certain faction for the same faction.

Yes you are right Bauba - a certain faction who tend to use evidence to justify their arguement rather than continually rely purely on opinion.

And talking of Fish and your allegation ... that he receives preferential treatment ....along with a few others...

If Ricardo wants to take the huff with the boards and admin - then so be it - funny thing is that I kind of agree with him on this one for once - but rules are rules -and I will be honest and say that I wont shed a tear either over his departure.

He more than anyone got away with abuse of other posters - perhaps it was not intended (as he himself said - he got excited about seeing sweary words in print) but when someone refers to you as an f**** prick - tries to bring into question your personal integrity - or the authenticity of debate related evidence you have posted - the intellect of others - or prevaricates on what he has posted...verging on lying - or as Coop has pointed out makes posts attacking the personality of other posters (admin or otherwise) - then to suggest that he has been a victim of some kind of discriminatory preferrential treatment - is an opinion which runs contrary to the facts...facts which every poster on this board has seen.

I dont always agree with admin decisions - but to suggest they are anything less than even handed/fair of their treatment of posters is insulting and unfair on guys who are trying to do their best in very difficult circumstances.

Too true - Ricardo and TheFishflaps both seem to get away with quite a bit more than perhaps should be expected. I agree with a lot of what Ricardo says (the substantive points rather than the abuse) and I find Fish distatsteful, but rules apply to all of us, and it's not treating us like children if we are expected to refrain from attacking the messenger rather than the message - it's a rule which applies in civil society, so why not here?

Meant to make clear I agree with Ricardo on most things - but on this point, I disagree. More power to the admin! :beer2:

I hear what youre saying granada, but its not always possible to mod the board equally at all times.

There are many factors involved, peoples' state of mind, moods, attitudes, personal opinions, time of day even.

Not to mention alcohol.

We try our best I assure you. I have a full-time job and most of my spare time is spent on RM, not because I have to, I just enjoy it so much.

JR's post above pretty much sums up how it should be done.

I hear what youre saying granada, but its not always possible to mod the board equally at all times.

There are many factors involved, peoples' state of mind, moods, attitudes, personal opinions, time of day even.

Not to mention alcohol.

We try our best I assure you. I have a full-time job and most of my spare time is spent on RM, not because I have to, I just enjoy it so much.

JR's post above pretty much sums up how it should be done.

I absolutely agree. And I hope noone thinks I was having a go at the admin there, as I wasn't. I greatly appreciate their time and effort on this board. (tu)

Or deliberately deflecting the debate off topic to deliver their personal agenda.....

Or deliberately deflecting the debate off topic to deliver their personal agenda.....

I can feel the lurve !! ......... in other words give it a rest please Manticore.

Personal agendas do not come into it.

the 2 posts you made earlier in Frankie's thread about the day out on Saturday were completely uncalled for. Thats why your warn level was raised FISH.

Nicely (tu)

So when someone has a go at me you turn a blind eye....how many times have the kids thrown tantrums at me and I bet there warn level ıs 0 and how many times have I been called pish....plenty but you just prefer to protect your own bunch...please your self of course coz it seems thats exactly what you are doing

Im just standing up for myself coz nobody else will for me

Nicely (tu)

So when someone has a go at me you turn a blind eye....how many times have the kids thrown tantrums at me and I bet there warn level ıs 0 and how many times have I been called pish....plenty but you just prefer to protect your own bunch...please your self of course coz it seems thats exactly what you are doing

PISH.....oops sorry FISH.. :rolleyes:

Try having a 2 year old and 4 year old throwing Tantrums in Braehead on a holiday monday.......that's pressure ,but they don't know better probably like some kids on here.

Your a grown up so just laugh it off.

Nicely (tu)

PISH.....oops sorry FISH.. :rolleyes:

Try having a 2 year old and 4 year old throwing Tantrums in Braehead on a holiday monday.......that's pressure ,but they don't know better probably like some kids on here.

Your a grown up so just laugh it off.

but the person that calls him that name is quick enough to run to the mods, the person gives out enough stick but hates getting it back.