Old Gers Pics

macranger

Found these on sale on ebay, Best I could do was this -

I had that one from 1986/87 up on my bedroom wall. The centre-page pull-out poster in 'Shoot!' (or 'Match') magazine. How times have changed.

season-19861987-rangers-rangers-team-pic

Munro, Burns, Nicholl, McCoist, Cooper

Dawson, Nisbet, McPherson, Walker, Woods, West, McMinn, Walter

Russell, Fraser, Souness, Butcher, Durrant, Ferguson, Fleck

It was the last time for exactly twenty years that there would be balls and not trophies at the feet of the front row.

The first Rangers team I saw, it doesn't get any better than that.

Can't help noticing how immaculately turned out Scot Symon and Davie Kinnear are there. The days when we set the highest of standards on and off the field.

And there is no better strip than that on the planet Bro. !

I had that one from 1986/87 up on my bedroom wall. The centre-page pull-out poster in 'Shoot!' (or 'Match') magazine. How times have changed.

It was the last time for exactly twenty years that there would be balls and not trophies at the feet of the front row.

Look at those two crawlers Dawson and McPherson growing a 'tache like the manager :lol:

The first Rangers team I saw, it doesn't get any better than that.

Can't help noticing how immaculately turned out Scot Symon and Davie Kinnear are there. The days when we set the highest of standards on and off the field.

Not sure if it still happens, but I remember we always used to come out in the 2nd half with clean jerseys and shorts. Does that still happen these days?

Big George was always getting stick from a lot of the support, but when the standards were so high he wasn't the only one. Even the great Baxter got it in the ear at times, as did Big Provan and McKinnon.

We have always been a very critical crowd, but when excellence was the name of the game, it was not surprising that even the best were grounded by the "normal" demands of the fans. We have not changed and I hope we never do.

:uk: PS; great photos by all.

Not sure if it still happens, but I remember we always used to come out in the 2nd half with clean jerseys and shorts. Does that still happen these days?

It's probably an option that some players take up and some don't.

By the way I could watch that sig of yours all night. One of my greatest memories.

Already said it before on a previous thread, worth saying again though, we had an unsung hero in Stuart Munro. The fact that he held his place in the team during Sooooneeesssess tenure speaks volumes for the man.

To this day the memory of his goal at Tannadice is one of my favourite amongst countless games with The Gers