What's This Jig Rumour About?

Thermopylae

If he's contractually obliged to play why would he earn things like appearance bonuses?

The whole notion is ridiculous really. The only time this debate ever happens with a player is when he is being picked when playing poorly.

He'd be contractually entitled to play, not obliged.

The contract would have provisions covering add-ons like appearance money to cover the possibility of him being absent through injury or suspension. If he couldn't play then he'd only get his basic salary, but not the add-ons.

That said, I don't think his contract obliges Rangers to play him if he's available for selection.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It dosen't have to have been in his contract prior. There is nothing stopping a clasue being inserted into the contract at any time if both parties agree.

Of course a contract can be changed with agreement but that would be separate to the TUPE

I would be shocked if the majority of them aren't kept being Rangers men and that

We can't afford to keep journeymen on, we need to free their wages and bring in far better players, get rid of Boyd,Black,Daly,Foster,Smith,McCulloch,Simonsen,Robinson,Hutton they're all dead wood.

We can't afford to keep journeymen on, we need to free their wages and bring in far better players, get rid of Boyd,Black,Daly,Foster,Smith,McCulloch,Simonsen,Robinson,Hutton they're all dead wood.

There is no way we will be signing a full squad in the summer most of them will be kept on.

There is no way we will be signing a full squad in the summer most of them will be kept on.

9 players isn't a full squad, we've got about 16 out of contract in the Summer 3 will be kept if lucky, there's plenty of Bosmans out there who are far better than them.

9 players isn't a full squad, we've got about 16 out of contract in the Summer 3 will be kept if lucky, there's plenty of Bosmans out there who are far better than them.

We still have to keep some sort of resemblance to this squad too risky to change everything at once imo

I'd rather take the risk, these players aren't good enough for top level.

I agree. These bastards have had three years to show what they can do and it hasn't amounted to much.

Gut the squad and try and build with youth and two or three older heads to bring them on.

Look what Hearts did.....

The worrying thing is that McCulloch is after a new contract. He said so in a post match interview just a couple of weeks ago. You would at least like to think he would know in himself that his time is up,, but didn't appear to. He was also quoted in the paper encouraging all the others out of contract to step up and prove they are worthy of being kept on.

Players who've already played in the SPL for years prior to signing for us shouldn't need coached.

They are just plain and simply shite, barely good enough at Championship level never mind SPL level.

The likes of Shiels and Black etc all shone at SPL level before does that mean they are good enough for us probably not but they are with us now.

I personally would keep Hutton, Smith, Foster and Shiels but i think most of the out of contract players to be kept

The likes of Shiels and Black etc all shone at SPL level before does that mean they are good enough for us probably not but they are with us now.

I personally would keep Hutton, Smith, Foster and Shiels but i think most of the out of contract players to be kept

Shiels i would keep, he's never had a fair crack of the whip until McCall took charge, the rest can go, Black is a horrible wee Bastard he won't play in front of Law,Murdoch,Shiels.

Shiels i would keep, he's never had a fair crack of the whip until McCall took charge, the rest can go, Black is a horrible wee Bastard he won't play in front of Law,Murdoch,Shiels.

Point on Black is he dominated a cup final weeks before signing for us he is a good player but hasn't shown it for us