What's This Jig Rumour About?

Thermopylae

Contracts are generally kept private, so it's hard to know what the truth is, unless the manager, a board member or Lee McCulloch himself come out and either confirm or deny it. And even then, who's to say they're not lying?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was true, though.

Isn't there a similar sort of agreement with the Newcastle loan boys? If they're fit, they must play?

McDowall said he was told by someone at Ibrox that he must play them. Since McCall came in Vuckic has made a couple appearances from the bench. Thay would say there's no contractual obligation for him to pick them.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDowall said he was told by someone at Ibrox that he must play them. Since McCall came in Vuckic has made a couple appearances from the bench. Thay would say there's no contractual obligation for him to pick them.

Appearing as a substitute is still technically playing, though. And Vuckic is the only one who has been consistently fit enough to actually play.

Still though, wouldn't surprise me in a million years if McCulloch had such a clause in his contract. It's clearly evident he has a lot of pull and leeway at Rangers. Plus, that old board and McCoist would have been dumb enough to agree to it.

Let's say just for second he does have a clause in his contract. What action could he take if he wasn't picked? Could he terminate his contract if dropped?

IF he has this supposed clause and the manager was to drop him, the Club would then be in breach of contract, opening them up to a potential lawsuit by McCulloch.

I think it's all bullshit but like I said before, I wouldn't surprise me if this clause in his contract did exist as the previous board and Ally would have been daft enough to agree to it.

Don't believe it is in his contract.

Just like I don't believe for one minute he is somehow "respected" and "looked up to" by the dressing room. Anyone who has played football at any level will know that if there is someone getting picked continually when he is putting in pish performances they are most definitely NOT respected by their fellow players. I remember a boy I played alongside who was always getting picked for central midfiled. Fucking lion in training he was, but a cunt of a pussycat when it came to the real stuff. There was no respect for him from his peers once they realised he was a liability.

I honestly don't know , but like I said before , no player is bigger than the club , which this supposed contract implies.

I am convinced he has the clause he must otherwise he knows something damaging about each manager we have had recently nothing else would explain why he keeps getting picked

Let's say just for second he does have a clause in his contract. What action could he take if he wasn't picked? Could he terminate his contract if dropped?

On that hypothetical basis, he'd have a legal couple of options if he couldn't persuade the club to keep playing him.

He could terminate his contract and sue the club for damages, assuming that he would be losing contractually agreed income (appearance bonuses etc.) due the club being in breach of contract by not playing him.

Alternatively, he could sue the club for specific implement of the contract, meaning that he'd be asking the court to order the club to fulfill their contractual obligations to him. I don't think this would be at all likely to happen.

Basically a clause from when tuped over.

For it to be a clause from when he TUPE'd over it would have had to have been in his existing contract, and he certainly wasn't playing every game when available prior to the new company getting involved so either we were continually breaching his contract, it's a term added later, or my hunch, it doesn't exist at all and he gets picked due to being captain in spite of his abilities

For it to be a clause from when he TUPE'd over it would have had to have been in his existing contract, and he certainly wasn't playing every game when available prior to the new company getting involved so either we were continually breaching his contract, it's a term added later, or my hunch, it doesn't exist at all and he gets picked due to being captain in spite of his abilities

It dosen't have to have been in his contract prior. There is nothing stopping a clasue being inserted into the contract at any time if both parties agree.

Terrible fail on your part.

Do u not realize that we have 5* players who must play when fit in our squad?

Vuckic has came off the bench twice. There is no contractual obligation to start them. Kevin Mbabu has started the last 5 or 6 U20 games yet hasn't made the bench for the first team.

Its also in his contract he gets to be player/manager when we go up. McCall will have to make way for him if we win promotion. Jig also gets free monster munch in the Auchenhowie canteen, all he can eat. Its contractual and quite onerous if you ask me.

if you dont believe that, you're a cunt.

On that hypothetical basis, he'd have a legal couple of options if he couldn't persuade the club to keep playing him.

He could terminate his contract and sue the club for damages, assuming that he would be losing contractually agreed income (appearance bonuses etc.) due the club being in breach of contract by not playing him.

Alternatively, he could sue the club for specific implement of the contract, meaning that he'd be asking the court to order the club to fulfill their contractual obligations to him. I don't think this would be at all likely to happen.

If he's contractually obliged to play why would he earn things like appearance bonuses?

The whole notion is ridiculous really. The only time this debate ever happens with a player is when he is being picked when playing poorly.

Unless you've seen his contract you can't say this clause is in there or not.

Basically we are left with an unsubstantiated rumour so there really isn't anything to be getting upset about. At the end of the day Mculloch has had his day at Rangers and it's time he's moved on.