Rangers World - is it worth £34?

Danny

This is incredibly annoying - all these bloody interviews with the new players and I can't see them because I'm not a subscriber. There are now NO videos on the official site - you have to be a World subscriber to see anything.

I feel like they're forcing me to pay 34 quid to see interviews I believe I should be entitled to see.

So, the horrid question; is it worth me forking out 34 big ones or would it be a waste of my money?

some are on youtube that are a bit older but the newer ones usually get taken off. I quite fancy getting this next season, i like to see highlights of games after ive been and although i have gers tv, to have it any time on my laptop aswell as getting all the interviews would be pretty handy.

This is incredibly annoying - all these bloody interviews with the new players and I can't see them because I'm not a subscriber. There are now NO videos on the official site - you have to be a World subscriber to see anything.

I feel like they're forcing me to pay 34 quid to see interviews I believe I should be entitled to see.

So, the horrid question; is it worth me forking out 34 big ones or would it be a waste of my money?

I'm not a subscriber myself, but going by others opinions on here I would be very reluctant to pay that sort of money for a service which people find very poor.

It's ridiculous. I noticed during the PLG troubles, there were a great deal more interviews available without needing 'world' access -- funny that? But now.. any new player rinterview equires you fork out money.

It shouldn't cost us a penny tbh. This should all be free!

they all have an issue with the "content" they provide. same problem with newspapers. newspapers spent and still send yonks trying to get their head round how they can submit this stuff online and malke money on it. thich twats if ye ask me. everything on the web is marketing exposure and sells the core product so for new media to work the way they want it, they've got to give a lot more than their giving just to evenTRY and sell it. the fact that this has MISSED Rangers is amazing and suggests their commercial side are a bit thick! i think the site at present is poor for what its worth. but newcastle seem to share the same site and theirs is a bit rubbsh too.

I don't have a problem with Rangers trying to make a bit of money from certain areas of the site.

Exclusive interviews, match coverage and highlights for subscribers does actually make commercial sense because obviously we have a substantial worldwide following. The equivalent of under 10p per day for such a service isn't bad to be honest.

The site generally is pretty poor and it should be much more accessible to the casual surfer. Not everything should be subscriber content but neither shouldn't we not offer such a service when the market obviously exists.

What would perhaps be a more interesting route for the club to pursue is a PAYG service. No registration for the main site news but if one wants to view videos etc they can register for free. Then one can purchase credits for downloading stuff such as the above. Basic interviews would be mimimal credits while live press conference feeds and/or new player info may cost more.

The more credits you use, the cheaper stuff becomes with exclusive competitions etc. Like I say, a bit more imagination is required.

Like I say, a bit more imagination is required.

I think the whole thing needs an overhaul - it has the feel of an after-thought in terms of service.

Almost as tho we have a website because everyone else does - with no feeling of it being the important facade of the Club it really should be. The internet is the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to meet a global market today, and yet the Official site has the pace of a lumbering child.

Fans crave the latest news at the drop of the hat - but as we all know, they are usually the last to deliver

I don't have a problem with Rangers trying to make a bit of money from certain areas of the site.

Exclusive interviews, match coverage and highlights for subscribers does actually make commercial sense because obviously we have a substantial worldwide following. The equivalent of under 10p per day for such a service isn't bad to be honest.

The site generally is pretty poor and it should be much more accessible to the casual surfer. Not everything should be subscriber content but neither shouldn't we not offer such a service when the market obviously exists.

What would perhaps be a more interesting route for the club to pursue is a PAYG service. No registration for the main site news but if one wants to view videos etc they can register for free. Then one can purchase credits for downloading stuff such as the above. Basic interviews would be mimimal credits while live press conference feeds and/or new player info may cost more.

The more credits you use, the cheaper stuff becomes with exclusive competitions etc. Like I say, a bit more imagination is required.

I agree. I used to subscribe to Rangers World but they cut me off after a year or so, saying there was something wrong with my credit card (there wasn't), and I've never signed up again.

Our website is a mess and not good enough for a club of our stature. We should have amongst the very best...sadly this doesn't seem to be the ethos at the club right now.

i have it but for me it was really useful because i was in hospital over a week because i had an op on my ankle and i got highlights of the last OF game and i got the radio of it too.

for me its worth it but thats because ive had good experiences of it :pipegreen:

Have seen quite a few potshots in the past regarding the website - it's franchised (or something similar by Premium Tv who run quite a few other clubs websites)

I agree - the general website should be a whole lot better - I have never subscribed to the premium part.