Interesting tidbit on the official site about Cuellar

Danny

Andy Webster and Carlos Cuellar could also bolster the manager's options in this area if they put pen to paper.

This was in the Svensson story. Does the official site know something we don't?

Thats suggests to me that we have agreed terms with Osasuna but just waiting on him to agree...

Maybe I am picking it up wrong.

Andy Webster and Carlos Cuellar could also bolster the manager's options in this area if they put pen to paper.

This was in the Svensson story. Does the official site know something we don't?

I was going to make this thread but just mentioned it in the Cueller thread instead, has a deal with osasuna been done <cr> :bouncy:

Put it this way if Webster and Cuellar join up then in central defence we have

Weir

Ugo

Webster

Cuellar

Murray

Papac

Broadfoot........think you might see Murray and Papac being shipped and Broadfoot covering at left back till Smith is fit.

Thats suggests to me that we have agreed terms with Osasuna but just waiting on him to agree...

I wouldn't necessarily say that.

We can agree terms with the player but they still wont put pen to paper until we agree terms with their employer. And vice versa

We can agree terms with the player but they still wont put pen to paper until we agree terms with their employer. And vice versa

Would that not suggest that we have tapped the player up?

Why would a team allow us to talk to and agree personal terms with one of their employee's if no fee has been agreed between the teams?

it just doesn't make sense to me!

clubs can give you permission to talk to their players, before you have agreed a fee. Ive heard that we have agreed personal terms with Cuellar and all that needs to be done is to agree a fee with his club

clubs can give you permission to talk to their players, before you have agreed a fee. Ive heard that we have agreed personal terms with Cuellar and all that needs to be done is to agree a fee with his club

I just don't see the point in that though <cr>

Why allow your player to agree a move elsewhere before you have agreed a fee? Is it not risky in case the deal falls through, I certainly wouldn't want to risk having a player on my books whose mind could be elsewhere or who might not be fully focused on playing for me.

I just don't see the point in that though <cr>

Why allow your player to agree a move elsewhere before you have agreed a fee? Is it not risky in case the deal falls through, I certainly wouldn't want to risk having a player on my books whose mind could be elsewhere or who might not be fully focused on playing for me.

i no it doesnt make much sense, the player then can kick up a fuss when a transfer fee hasnt been agreed. Works in favour of the club buying the player

Would that not suggest that we have tapped the player up?

Why would a team allow us to talk to and agree personal terms with one of their employee's if no fee has been agreed between the teams?

it just doesn't make sense to me!

No not really. So long as we make our intentions clear to the club we want to buy from and they give permission to allow negotiations then all is good and well and above board.

Tapping up only comes in to it when you make a deal with the player without the clubs knowledge.