Rangers First Vote

quinty

To be fair the three advertising campaigns would not (imo) have increased membership significantly had the threat of Ibrox being used as security not arisen.

Delighted the fans invested in increasing the % shareholding but just saying.

Ibrox as security was a definite driver of fan reaction I'd agree.

GM

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, why not buy your own shares that you can make your own decisions about? I think some have this idea that being in a supporters group makes you more of a fan than others or something.

The only future I see for any supporters groups is them all dividing into smaller and smaller groups as they all start falling out with each other.

Because for some fans, like myself, buying shares wasn't financially possible at the time, so buying into RF was the next best thing.

As for members thinking they are more of a fan.....are you for real????

Mybe they just feel that buy donating some money RF thery are helping to do their bit to help get the club back to where it belongs.

as time goes on and membearship grows at whatever speed all that put in will be voting on various options in the years to come,i think this is a sensible way to do things but if an individual is not comfortable with it they can alway cancel payments that they make.

RF have been formed to assist they club by initially buying shares but in the long term helping the club where it can and if membearship goes 20k and above then thats a good monthly investment from the fans :pipe:

Admin please move/merge if required.

I've voted No !

s a member of Rangers First you are part of the largest Fan ownership group in the UK and the 10th largest shareholder in RIFC plc.

Following the incredible growth in our membership over the past few months we are now halfway towards our first target of a 5% shareholding. Your monthly contributions will continue to be used for further share purchases and for investment at any new share issues, ensuring that your money goes directly into the Club.

The future is bright but we still strongly need fan engagement at the heart of the boards agenda. We can ensure this is the case through continually growing our shareholding and other initiatives with the Club.

To increase our membership further we plan to reach out to all Rangers fans worldwide and spread our message through the press, radio, TV and any other medium available. Our massively successful radio advertising campaign in mid-January saw 4000 new members sign up to Rangers First during the 2 weeks it aired. This effectively trebled our membership in a very short period of time. The board of Rangers First would like to invest in similar advertising campaigns again to get our message out to the international community of Rangers fans.

This advertising campaign was funded by generous one-off donations from our members. However, we would like to change the way these kind of activities are funded going forward.

We are therefore asking members to vote on whether up to 5p of every pound they donate to Rangers First be used towards promotional, operational and infrastructure activities. We believe that further investment in these areas will help move Rangers First to the next level and lay the foundations for a membership of 50,000.

We estimate that achieving membership numbers of that level could generate around £6m per year for Rangers. This will make a massive difference towards returning the club we all love to greatness once more.

We would also like to invest in vital infrastructure changes and upgrades to our current website. This project will also include investment in a new back office management system to more adequately serve the needs of our members. We presently have more members than most Scottish Football Clubs have season ticket holders. It is therefore essential that we invest in and develop an appropriate infrastructure to support such high membership numbers.

We therefore want to put a vote to our membership that would allow the board of RF to spend up to a maximum of 5p in every pound of your monthly contributions towards building and developing Rangers First so that we can continue our remarkable growth in membership and make a real contribution to the Club that we all place First. This amount will be capped initially at £5,000 per month. It is anticipated that this cap will more than cover RF's monthly costs and the level of the cap will be kept under on-going review by the RF Board.

The Board of Rangers First would recommend you vote in favour of this proposal.

As ever the Board and working groups of Rangers First will continue to work on a voluntary basis without remuneration or expenses.

Voting closes at noon on Friday the 15th of May 2015

So it's not all going to shares.....in other words there's an 'Admin' cost.

Interesting development.

A precedent-setting one at that.

Various volunteers and there has been some income from The RF toolbar and affiliate links that have helped. But RF has cost those that have helped set it up quite alot of money.

GM

just hope it doesn't effect RF going forward if the vote is rejected

Might not be involved in it myself but would hate to see it go tits up cause it can't be run anymore...without help from me members donations

just hope it doesn't effect RF going forward if the vote is rejected

Might not be involved in it myself but would hate to see it go tits up cause it can't be run anymore...without help from me members donations

I don't think the vote will be rejected - only seen one comment from a membear that says they would reject it. Online there has been extremely positive support from it and although I can't be certain I would be surprised if it didn't pass with a large majority.

If its rejected I'm guessing RF would need to do some specific fundraising - there is an RF dinner at the end of June for instance!

GM

If you think it wasn't a massive effort to get to 13.5k then I'd have to disagree!

GM

As far as I can remember,this total was achieved mainly on Twitter almost overnight,the original target was 10k by the EGM date,there was a landslide towards where we are now,just wondering why we need to pay for publicity when there was ample scope, on social media.

As far as I can remember,this total was achieved mainly on Twitter almost overnight,the original target was 10k by the EGM date,there was a landslide towards where we are now,just wondering why we need to pay for publicity when there was ample scope, on social media.

RF are well over a year old - it wasn't overnight at all. Hundreds of hours of work were put in and it was certainly worthwhile imo but I think its not true to say that there wasn't a massive effort.

Many times RF had reached 'saturation point' from social media and it took external factors to be a catylist for increased membership - but all the ground work still had to be done.

GM

I voted yes to see if we could increase the number of fans involved. It's important that no matter who is in charge at board level the fans have influence with their shareholding and for me this is the best way.

Why have RF not made a statement about us being delisted and the value of the shares being dessimated as a result?

This isn't sitting easy with me tbh. I joined up end of last year when disillusionment with the old board was at its peak for me. I signed up on the basis of every penny donated being used to buy shares. 5p in the pound isn't much to the individual but certainly starts to build up person by person month by month. I don't know much about advertising costs but I think that even with the cap of £5k this seems excessive going forward. I'm torn on this and have yet to vote.

This isn't sitting easy with me tbh. I joined up end of last year when disillusionment with the old board was at its peak for me. I signed up on the basis of every penny donated being used to buy shares. 5p in the pound isn't much to the individual but certainly starts to build up person by person month by month. I don't know much about advertising costs but I think that even with the cap of £5k this seems excessive going forward. I'm torn on this and have yet to vote.

It's not just for advertising but also admin and things that will help the org function better.

Until now it's all been funded from volunteers, donations and the like. RF is a really big org now and things need to be done professionally imo.

As long as it's all accounted for and there is value for money for the org then I'll be happy with it. If you are giving a fiver a month it's the equivelent of a yearly membership of £3.

GM