Why Promotion Is Vital This Season

Apart from the obvious financial aspect, ability to raise season ticket prices, increased prize money etc...

We are in search of a new manager and possibly DoF. We need about 10 new players.

Will a quality managerial/DoF candidate with no Rangers connections really come to Scottish football's second tier? I doubt that's on Warburton's agenda.

Will we be able to attract good young players with sell on potential? I can't see Scott Allan wanting another year in this league if he gets a better offer from them.

If we don't go up we are more likely to see a few of our duds retained. More short term deals and loans and a rebuild again next year. King wants to put a team together that can challenge straight away but good luck doing that in the first division without paying over the odds.

We need to beat Motherwell on Sunday or we are going to set ourselves back even further

The only way players will come to us if we are still in that shit league is if they come from an equally shit league or we pay them more money to drop a level.

We need a proper scouting system to find unheard of players with talent in European/African countries who can come and do a job for us.

Surely if we don't go up we have to use Gallagher, Gasporatto, Kelly, walsh and Hardie, obviously we will still need to bring in another 4-6 players.

If we had a proper scouting system in place we should of had a certain amount of players targetted for whatever division we are in.

Think you're preaching to the converted.

The obvious problem is that those we depend on to get us out of this are those who have been poor all season, many of whom will be jobless come final whistle, and who are playing to hopefully improve the league their replacement will play in.

problem with going up this year is that we'll get pumped by most teams. we are nowhere near ready. I'm scared of what damage Aberdeen would do to us, never mind the pacific shelf mob (and they are atrocious). bottom line, we will be in the top division, whether it is this year or next year. I don't think staying in this division would be disastrous as long as we can get someone in who does focus on youth and build a decent squad that is ready to play together. moneywise, three years ago, all the fans stuck together to get the club through the difficult patch. all boycotts should be off now that DK is in the boardroom and Mcostalot has gone. the team needs us to rally round. full season ticket sales, lower expenses with most of the high earners gone I don't think another season in this league would be a disaster if we had to.

Think you're preaching to the converted.

The obvious problem is that those we depend on to get us out of this are those who have been poor all season, many of whom will be jobless come final whistle, and who are playing to hopefully improve the league their replacement will play in.

Your right of course and I sad as much months ago when it became obvious we wouldn't win the league. Those 13 players knew then they'd likely be let go.

I just worry that we will struggle to get the change we want no matter how ambitious we might be. Warburton is the guy many think we want and I can't see him taking a job in the Scottish Championship.

problem with going up this year is that we'll get pumped by most teams. we are nowhere near ready. I'm scared of what damage Aberdeen would do to us, never mind the pacific shelf mob (and they are atrocious). bottom line, we will be in the top division, whether it is this year or next year. I don't think staying in this division would be disastrous as long as we can get someone in who does focus on youth and build a decent squad that is ready to play together. moneywise, three years ago, all the fans stuck together to get the club through the difficult patch. all boycotts should be off now that DK is in the boardroom and Mcostalot has gone. the team needs us to rally round. full season ticket sales, lower expenses with most of the high earners gone I don't think another season in this league would be a disaster if we had to.

I don't think we would get pumped every week as in the top flight we wouldn't struggle to attract 10 better players than we have now and a manager to organise them. We have an almost blank canvas but the league we are in will obviously greatly affect the quality we can attract

Surely if we don't go up we have to use Gallagher, Gasporatto, Kelly, walsh and Hardie, obviously we will still need to bring in another 4-6 players.

If we had a proper scouting system in place we should of had a certain amount of players targetted for whatever division we are in.

did you see gasporatto in the youth cup final enough said and gallagher was not even in the squad for the final he could be injured of course

We need a manager and players no matter what league we are in. Our costs have to be the same on that front as these people either need to get us promoted or have us challenging for the spl title.

I would happily pay spl ST prices if the right people are appointed. Hibs and St Mirren are as shit as most of the spl.

If you want us to progress people then you have to invest. We cant expect Sugar Daddies. Spending 300 quid on your car per year doesn't entitle you to drive a Ferrari. 500 doesn't either but it takes you a step closer.

Apart from the obvious financial aspect, ability to raise season ticket prices, increased prize money etc...

We are in search of a new manager and possibly DoF. We need about 10 new players.

Will a quality managerial/DoF candidate with no Rangers connections really come to Scottish football's second tier? I doubt that's on Warburton's agenda.

Will we be able to attract good young players with sell on potential? I can't see Scott Allan wanting another year in this league if he gets a better offer from them.

If we don't go up we are more likely to see a few of our duds retained. More short term deals and loans and a rebuild again next year. King wants to put a team together that can challenge straight away but good luck doing that in the first division without paying over the odds.

We need to beat Motherwell on Sunday or we are going to set ourselves back even further

If we don't manage to gain promotion and new contracts are handed to fair number of this lot, I can see us having a major fight on our hands for automatic promotion next season; which King has said would be unthinkable and that enough investment would be required to enure that doesn't happen.

He's also said that there would be no point in building a squad to achieve promotion which wouldn't be anywhere near good enough for the SPL, meaning a need to rebuild virtually a whole new squad to make it competitive in the SPL.

Hopefully he is good to his word on both counts.