New Keeper?

Wes Foderingham checks in for a medical as Rangers prepare to announce the keeper as their latest signing

• 11:13, 3 JULY 2015
  • BY RECORD SPORT ONLINE

THE former Swindon No.1 is poised to join the likes of Danny Wilson and Ford Kiernan at Ibrox as Mark Warburton continues to add to his squad.

Pete Norton/Getty ImagesGettyImages-166307234.jpg

Wes Foderingham during his time at Swindon

RANGERS target Wes Foderingham is today having a medical as the club prepares to announce him as their latest signing.

Record Sport Online revealed at the start of this week the Ibrox outfit had opened talks with the former Swindon Town keeper.

And now they are closing in on his capture as Mark Warbuton further strengthens his squad ahead of a promotion push.

The new manager has already signed Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan as well as having players such as Reece Wabara and Andy Halliday on trial.Foderingham should become the latest to sign on if he is given the nod from medics today.

The shot-stopper is a free agent after leaving Swindon, where he had a bust-up with then boss Paolo di Canio.

The firebrand Italian hauled off Foderingham after just 21 minutes during a game against Preston three years ago. They then traded insults before di Canio ripped into him during a post-match rant.

Should he sign, Foderingham would attempt to displace Cammy Bell as No.1 after back-up keepers Steve Simonsen and Lee Robinson were released at the end of last season.

Ford Kiernan :lol: . However our team seems to be taking decent shape. This guy seems to have been wanted by English Championship teams and watching Swindon a few times last season he looks a lot better than bell. Our team starting to look a lot stronger at the back. Wabara would be the last piece of that puzzle then I think we need 2 strikers a CM and Eustace and a winger and were good to go.

I'd like to see our new keeper dominate the box and actually come for crosses plus play the ball out from the back with quick throws or accurate kicking, the opposite of Bell really.

You aren't asking for much then

That's what I'm enjoying most about it tbh. A few of these players have came right out of the blue. It's refreshing to not just be linked with the usual suspects constantly.

I know what you mean mate its about time we had someone at the club who knows there way about the "lower" leagues of English football,lot of talent to be found down there.