Lee Mcculloch In Frame For Rangers Coaching Role?oj

AlCapone

You believe I am the only one here who doesn't hate McCulloch?

Just a tip, you will not do well here if you continue to compare posters on RM to posters on FF, a lot don't like that.

Thank you.

Here's a tip back. If you really do work within the law, don't whine "You hate me don't you, your honour?" any time you encounter a setback.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will never happen. There is absolutely nothing he could contribute that isn't already in place, or available from someone vastly more suitable. In no way does he fit into the system or approach MW has described / is known for.

No he should learn his trade at a smaller club if he proves himself he can they apply for the gig with us, if he's the best candidate for the job then he will get it.

What if he is the best candidate in MW's opinion at the moment - nothing I've heard about MW makes me think he would hire based on sententious - or are we already distrusting MW ?

I'm not deliberately missing it, I just don't think it's relevant to the point I was making.

We are coming off a period where we put our faith in a completely untested manager and it blew up in our faces in spectacular fashion. There's probably a bit of guilt by association, but at this moment in time McCulloch is as welcome as a fart in a phone box because he was a massive influence and presence at the club during that regime and people want to move away from it as much as possible.

Personally I think if we truly want a clean break from it then we probably shouldn't be going back to the club captain from what was the worst season we've maybe ever had and giving him a role at this moment in time.

The wounds are too fresh for a lot of people and I'd argue that the fact that McCulloch was a part of MacDowalls coaching staff during a time when we had our worst run of the season and actually looked worse than we did under McCoist doesn't exactly paint him in a good light either does it?

I think if he goes somewhere else for a bit, proves he's capable of coaching (something guys like Weir, McCann & Ferguson have done with varying degrees of success) then in the future he could easily get a chance to come back because everything will have settled down and people will be more receptive to it.

There's a good feeling around the club at the moment and I just think that with hundreds, if not thousands, of other coaches out there, I wouldn't be risking rocking that boat by bringing back somebody who the support have a lot of bad feelings towards at the moment.

Ok a reasonably put argument - much better than the 'just fuck off' brigade - although I disagree with much you say I appreciate the arguments.

For me if our new manager see a role for an ex captain / player in a minor coaching role then that's good enough for me.

What if he is the best candidate in MW's opinion at the moment - nothing I've heard about MW makes me think he would hire based on sententious - or are we already distrusting MW ?

What's to trust he's proved nothing at Rangers to get Trust he will get that if he shows he has the Ability to Manage us. I'm always a great believer in trust being earned.

Obviously it goes without saying i wish him well but he's done nothing yet.

What's to trust he's proved nothing at Rangers to get Trust he will get that if he shows he has the Ability to Manage us. I'm always a great believer in trust being earned.

Obviously it goes without saying i wish him well but he's done nothing yet.

Oh I agree with that - although I take a 'trust but verify' position - so I trust him until he demonstrates a lack of capability - like you I wish him the best - and if he sees jig strengthening his cause then he has my trust until he loses it !

I cannot see anyone with a position of power at Ibrox ever even considering Jig for this job. Surely they would be aware that a great many of our fans believe that he captained the team during the worst years of our history and led teams out with no flair, no passion and lacking in self belief. How then is he to imbue these qualities that he failed to deliver while captain?????