Minutes Silence On Friday

julescotia

my boyhood hero,was not unlike alec mcdonald 110% not theclever mid fiedld but backbone of a team, first game was also bobby browns, had a tustle with charlie tully which finished them both rolling about on the grass punching away at each other, off early bath . r.i.p the original darvel marvel. never forgotten. strange how he started with bobby brown and they are last of a great team in our history.

When I think of testimonials handed out , especially recently, when these guys got nothing and had to go and find work after playing?!?!

We are fast running out of these true legends. Club servants who gave their all and wore the colours with total honour and pride.

RIP Sammy. I never saw you play but you were my mum's hero so that's good enough for me.

I would like us to do the same for Colin Jackson as well.

A Rangers hero is a Rangers hero. Sammy was before my time but I am in awe of his contribution to our club. Bomber is from my era and is also a true Ranger in every way.

my boyhood hero,was not unlike alec mcdonald 110% not theclever mid fiedld but backbone of a team, first game was also bobby browns, had a tustle with charlie tully which finished them both rolling about on the grass punching away at each other, off early bath . r.i.p the original darvel marvel. never forgotten. strange how he started with bobby brown and they are last of a great team in our history.

Are you talking about the 1949 League Cup when we won 2-0 when Willie Findlay and The Deedle scored; Big Corky missed a penalty?