Calum Gallagher To St Mirren

Brightside

Hibs have a couple of decent players, the boy Cummings looks like he could go to a higher level and Malonga, Stanton, Stevenson and Fyvie can cause problems. I thought Allan looked good when he came on with that bursting run from midfield and played a pass where Hibs should have scored. If we get him then good as we need some more creativity, but I don't think it will be this season.

Malonga? :lol: you aff yer tits?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's what I took from his comments too mate. It was something that Warburton said that made me think the way I did, though.

The lad gets a season with St Mirren and will more than likely play week in week out. If he proves a success, it's a possibility we could get him back next season as a better player with first team football under his belt, to possibly replace Miller. More than likely though, I just picked up what Warburton said wrongly. (tu)

I listened to the presser again in case I had missed something Warburton said, so your theory has a bit of merit to it and there's always a possibility Gallagher could return to Rangers one day but I doubt it and therefore think you may have picked up Warburtons' words wrongly.

Calum Gallagher will in all probability make a good impression at a club like St.Mirren who seem to play a system using a strong bustling direct striker such as Steven Thompson, so he should fit in with them, but under the style of play MW insists on playing, Gallagher would not fit.

If you look at the way Martyn Waghorn plays, he terrorises defenders all over the park thus opening up space for our midfielders and the likes of Tavernier and Wallace to exploit that space of the pitch. (Kenny Miller would have been an ideal striker in his younger day for Warburton) so that is the level Gallagher must reach if he has any chance of playing under MW.