First Post

solobaggins

I feel compelled to share my joy at the transformation of Rangers in the six weeks under Mark Warburton and Davie Weir.

When we were relegated to the fourth, I tried as many did to get behind the team. Tried to buy into the McCoist mantra. Tried and inevitably failed to honestly keep watching the abject drivel on and off the park over the past three years, It feels longer than three years if I;m honest. It was a testing time and I honestly can say I fell out of love for the game. In the past three years I've maybe watched about half a season of football. It has been a strange experience. Not feeling the butterflies. Not feeling the buzz for matchday.

When Dave King took over, I initially was sceptical, and in many ways I still am of his ability to make good on the claims he has made about investment and returning us to the top of Scottish football. I was initially sceptical of the appointment of Warburton and Weir. Not having even heard of Warburton and also thinking " here we go " with another old pals act in Davie Weir. However I have not needed to wait long to have my fears put aside.

Just wow. It is the only way I can describe the transformation. I was sitting sitting watching the Hibs game honestly thinking I can't believe I'm watching Rangers. Being genuinely entertained and watching the team I grew up with. All those great moments since David Murray took over seemed like a distant memory until now.

The style and commitment. the running and fitness. The neat triangles and the wide play. The pressing and the desire to get forward relentlessly. Just magic and a joy to watch.

I didn't realise the game was on BT sport the other night until about half six. I took a gamble and signed up knowing that most Rangers games will be on. Seeing Ibrox completely sold out and the atmosphere even from the television was electric. The place was bouncing. It really did look like a big European night.

My only concern about the team is the lack of depth in certain areas. Maybe even someone a little bit more clinical in front of goal. And that is not taking anything away from Waghorn who has been terrific. I hope we will see some more signings coming in before the transfer window shuts. But Warburton looks like the real deal so far.

Onward and upwards......

I feel compelled to share my joy at the transformation of Rangers in the six weeks under Mark Warburton and Davie Weir.

When we were relegated to the fourth, I tried as many did to get behind the team. Tried to buy into the McCoist mantra. Tried and inevitably failed to honestly keep watching the abject drivel on and off the park over the past three years, It feels longer than three years if I;m honest. It was a testing time and I honestly can say I fell out of love for the game. In the past three years I've maybe watched about half a season of football. It has been a strange experience. Not feeling the butterflies. Not feeling the buzz for matchday.

When Dave King took over, I initially was sceptical, and in many ways I still am of his ability to make good on the claims he has made about investment and returning us to the top of Scottish football. I was initially sceptical of the appointment of Warburton and Weir. Not having even heard of Warburton and also thinking " here we go " with another old pals act in Davie Weir. However I have not needed to wait long to have my fears put aside.

Just wow. It is the only way I can describe the transformation. I was sitting sitting watching the Hibs game honestly thinking I can't believe I'm watching Rangers. Being genuinely entertained and watching the team I grew up with. All those great moments since David Murray took over seemed like a distant memory until now.

The style and commitment. the running and fitness. The neat triangles and the wide play. The pressing and the desire to get forward relentlessly. Just magic and a joy to watch.

I didn't realise the game was on BT sport the other night until about half six. I took a gamble and signed up knowing that most Rangers games will be on. Seeing Ibrox completely sold out and the atmosphere even from the television was electric. The place was bouncing. It really did look like a big European night.

My only concern about the team is the lack of depth in certain areas. Maybe even someone a little bit more clinical in front of goal. And that is not taking anything away from Waghorn who has been terrific. I hope we will see some more signings coming in before the transfer window shuts. But Warburton looks like the real deal so far.

Onward and upwards......

Good times fella. As you said Onwards and upwards :uk:

I will one day, im sure I will give you something that you can raise a few bob with to help the funds.

Let me quote D'Artagnan's latest thread (rather than hijacking it :P )

"It's only $20 per person". They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack.

- govanblue, bringing peace for only £5 a year.

(It's true - because once you've donated, you will find my posts infinitely less annoying! :P )

Dont find the annoying in any form mate, I find it funny the angles you come from, great work.

Sadly, not everyone gets it. Some people even resent it! :matron:

But that doesn't matter because they're all c...

-onsidering donating sometime soon, no doubt. (tu)

Decent enough first post. Being a founder membrane of the pedantic loyal must point out that we in 140 years have never been relegated.

Booted out the top flight by a shower of barstewards and haters. Taken in by the then SFL.

Relegated NAW.

Founder membrane of the pedantic loyal?

Standards are slipping in that organisation.