The Battle Of Britain

WCPRANGERS1

Good memories , love it , I had the t shirt at the time that said something like "Warning Adidas makes you play better " with all our Players photo'd from the waist down , on the front and all the results and dates of every game in europe that season on the back

Remember it like it was yesterday. Technically we shouldn't have met (both non seeds I think) but because of the balls up with Stuggart it happened and set us on the most amazing inaugural Champions League Campaign. Remember after the dissapointment of just missing out consoling myself with the fact that we would have many more opportunities especially with that team to go all the way. Truth is it never got better than that.

Andy Goram was just amazing in the away leg.

Ian Durrant was an amazing player pre injury, but what was also amazing was the way he reinvented himself into more of a trequartista-ish type, rather than the dynamic type, after his injury. He was a brilliant player post injury as well.

Great memories, btw. I remember being at the game and thinking 'ah fuck, well that didn't last long' when McAllister scored.

That'll teach me not to be such a surrender monkey!!

The usual players always get credit but I thought big Davie McPherson was brilliant in the game at Ibrox, he was bombing up and down the right wing and put in a brave header for ally's goal.

The big fella got a lot of abuse at times but I liked the big yin, always tried and never hid.

If i remember right we came back from Elland Road after beating the Champions of England and beat the tarriers 1-0 at parkhead. These were glory nights and fantastic achievements in our history, all done in style. Slightly different in coming back from a CLQ in Azerbaijan and winning at Firhill.

Then again we are different from them.

The first goal at Elland Rd was a cracker but McCoist's was even better, the way we broke from our own box at pace then big Mark galloping down the right flank and whipping an inch perfect cross at the back post for Ally to header it back across goal low into the corner.

One of the best goals you will see a team create on the break at pace.

English champions undefeated at home for 18 months were finished needing 4 goals in 20 minutes, that was the season of seasons for me.

If i remember right we came back from Elland Road after beating the Champions of England and beat the tarriers 1-0 at parkhead. These were glory nights and fantastic achievements in our history, all done in style. Slightly different in coming back from a CLQ in Azerbaijan and winning at Firhill.

Then again we are different from them.

Yeah a great week and topped off with Durranty's winner at the piggery.

Happy days