Under bidding?

nvager

Are we low balling all our bids? Is this tactical or just a bluff on our part? Will it succeed or just succeed in pissing off other teams?

I am at a loss to know.

It really is the $64,000 question, I do not know about other teams being pissed off but I sure am. But will add that if we get the players we want, then I will come on and say I was wrong and that SDM & Bain are negotiators of the highest calibre. :lol:

Succeed at p!ssing them off probably. One tactic that I have noticed, specifically with the attempted transfers for Stevie Naismith and Julien Faubert, is that Rangers have the decency to submit bids to the respective clubs through the normal process (faxed bids etc) yet, when these bids are rejected, the respective clubs deem it necessary to dismiss them publicly through the media. Do they think public blackmailing will do them any favours because it won't.

is that Rangers have the decency to submit bids to the respective clubs through the normal process (faxed bids etc) yet, when these bids are rejected, the respective clubs deem it necessary to dismiss them publicly through the media.

That's a fair point, tis the respective clubs that are disclosing the bids offered.

;) I'm still confident that we'll get our men.

Succeed at p!ssing them off probably. One tactic that I have noticed, specifically with the attempted transfers for Stevie Naismith and Julien Faubert, is that Rangers have the decency to submit bids to the respective clubs through the normal process (faxed bids etc) yet, when these bids are rejected, the respective clubs deem it necessary to dismiss them publicly through the media. Do they think public blackmailing will do them any favours because it won't.

Very good point.

Okay do i really care if we piss another team off, not in the slightest, i dont support them and dont care about them.

Am i worried about how we look in the transfer market, slightly but id rather we paid decent money for players than pay over the odds and go back down the old road again.

For over a decade we paid over the odds on several players signed, some injured players etc and we were put to the sword. Now we are being more prudent i am happier. As for Killie and the likes complaining about the bids we have put in, valuations by the vendor and buyer always differ. They rate them at 2 mil we rate them at 1 mil who is wrong and remember it is your money that pays for some of these duds surely they should be prudent with someone elses money.

We might be a little slow but what i can say is remember the caliber of player WS found for us last time round.

Are we low balling all our bids? Is this tactical or just a bluff on our part? Will it succeed or just succeed in pissing off other teams?

I am at a loss to know.

Not sure mate. But...maybe, we have our valuation and are sticking to our guns as it were. Not a bad thing to do? But... No way should any GERS bid be leaked to the press. Hopefully it's the other teams doing it. I prefer to hear nothing -- and then be introduced to our latest signing out of the 'blue'.

This might be one of the most crucial -- and indeed, interesting -- close season's of recent memory?

I am at a loss to know.

Not sure mate. But...maybe, we have our valuation and are sticking to our guns as it were. Not a bad thing to do? But... No way should any GERS bid be leaked to the press. Hopefully it's the other teams doing it. I prefer to hear nothing -- and then be introduced to our latest signing out of the 'blue'.

This might be one of the most crucial -- and indeed, interesting -- close season's of recent memory?

Very much agree and next week IS crucial as we are running short of time to get the team working together.