Facing Rangers 101

RFCRobertson

I don't know when Burchill is next on Clyde 1 but whenever it is somebody should roast him about his tactics. As long as there is teams like Livingston in the game, Scottish football will remain pish and drive people away from the stands. Horrible cowardly stuff from them tonight.

I don't know when Burchill is next on Clyde 1 but whenever it is somebody should roast him about his tactics. As long as there is teams like Livingston in the game, Scottish football will remain pish and drive people away from the stands. Horrible cowardly stuff from them tonight.

As shite as it is, it is their right to play like that.

What isn't their right is to put our players careers at risk with their filthy tackles.

A commentator said that, "He's playing in Scotland so he'll just have to accept it".

And that is exactly what's wrong with Scottish football, skill is no where to be found. Oduwa shouldn't be need to accept anything. The other teams will need to accept their shit, have no footballing skill and can only rough neck their way through a game.

He's on tomorrow apparently

I don't see what they contribute in fairness. Their supporters traveling back at 11pm tonight and all they have to be thanked for it is their team defending, time wasting and running he risk of red cards.

Think any team would happily take a draw with rangers.

You could argue that the way they play is meant to frustrate the players but that means jackshit unless they can capitalize on it.

A commentator said that, "He's playing in Scotland so he'll just have to accept it".

And that is exactly what's wrong with Scottish football, skill is no where to be found. Oduwa shouldn't be need to accept anything. The other teams will need to accept their shit, have no footballing skill and can only rough neck their way through a game.

What annoys the fuck out of me is that the media Love that type of performance and not one bad word will be said against Livingston in the papers tomorrow. They are all spineless bastards scared to write the truth.

I don't have any problems with teams on lesser budgets sitting in and being hard to break down but when you get 5 players booked for pulling shorts and one man booked because he had to be physically hauled off the ball then that's is completely cowardly and embarrassing.

It's as if they're trying to say that the only way to disrupt play is with reckless tackles, which is a bag of shit that holds no water.

Shame on the punditocracy, and I wonder if they'd be so callous if it were the nappy-rippers on the receiving end.

Let's face it, its the only tactic these lesser teams can employ. It's not working so far because Rangers are still winning, but the margins of victories are lessening wich means they're closing in.

I do believe Rangers are going to perform better away from home. But the main thing from now is Rangers need to get the early goals to force these teams to come out.

Someone should pull him up for talking utter shite in his post match comments to the BBC.

Let's face it, its the only tactic these lesser teams can employ. It's not working so far because Rangers are still winning, but the margins of victories are lessening wich means they're closing in.

I do believe Rangers are going to perform better away from home. But the main thing from now is Rangers need to get the early goals to force these teams to come out.

true but in fairness the goal line clearance they had from tav was a minor miracle , it's a different game that goes in.

But the main thing from now is Rangers need to get the early goals to force these teams to come out.

Exactly this, the difference in goal taking speed in the opposing teams goalie changes pretty drastically when rangers are in front.

Going from about 10-17 seconds to take 1 goal kick to 5 seconds at most.

and when the opposing team is spread out trying to push up is when Rangers aggression will really shine, because they won't have 11 men behind the ball to worry about.

however, I saw that Queen of the south on Saturday, as soon as they lost the ball they recoiled back into their own halve. So rangers need to up their counter attacking tactics.

true but in fairness the goal line clearance they had from tav was a minor miracle , it's a different game that goes in.

Yup, mind you when we went in front against St Mirren and Falkirk, they went up and equailised! The bottom line is another goal scorer is needed that fits into our style of on the ground attacks.

Exactly this, the difference in goal taking speed in the opposing teams goalie changes pretty drastically when rangers are in front.

Going from about 10-17 seconds to take 1 goal kick to 5 seconds at most.

and when the opposing team is spread out trying to push up is when Rangers aggression will really shine, because they won't have 11 men behind the ball to worry about.

however, I saw that Queen of the south on Saturday, as soon as they lost the ball they recoiled back into their own halve. So rangers need to up their counter attacking tactics.

Yes, at the end of the day, we need a striker and tighten up that defence.

The next two away games are going to be interesting (in terms of how the home teams approach them).

Yup, mind you when we went in front against St Mirren and Falkirk, they went up and equailised! The bottom line is another goal scorer is needed that fits into our style of on the ground attacks.

we do need a centre that will run in behind rather than go short all the time. Maybe starting Clarke in the short run for a few games will stop us playing the full game in front of the opposition defence. We don't turn defences, we try to play through them.