Our Defence Today

TheBluebells

Our defending at set pieces wasn't great but for instance that through ball to Cummings seems to be something that happens a fair amount.

Personally i think we need a proper defensive mid in front of the back line to offer some protection, i think their too exposed and don't always look comfortable defending in those situations.

Agree here.

Our defence can be simply carved open with one decent through ball. Witnessed many times this season and this is where we have conceded most this season. Another point, is a 35 year old Eustace the answer? Seems to have a hell of a time with injury and fitness. I agree we need the right player in front of the back 4 to protect.

Wouldn't mind so much as we do play a high line, but it's the same bloody mistakes for almost every goal against us.

Kiernan and Wilson getting caught with a simple long ball and being on the wrong side, we switch off at set pieces far too easily and we are slow to shut down players on the edge of our box.

The only thing that appears to have been done is bring in Ball to combat the long ball with his pace.

Agree here.

Our defence can be simply carved open with one decent through ball. Witnessed many times this season and this is where we have conceded most this season. Another point, is a 35 year old Eustace the answer? Seems to have a hell of a time with injury and fitness. I agree we need the right player in front of the back 4 to protect.

He may not be the specific answer but if we insist on the current formula we need a defensive mid in there to offer protection as we seem to be cut open a lot.

I don't think it should be accepted that common defensive mistakes is just what happens if we play attacking, it's entirely possible to work on the defensive part and balance things out in what is an ongoing project and rebuild.