Summer Football

googglebot

how hard could it be to put some form of roof on our stadia? I am not talking about the likes of the retractable state of the art thing at Wimbledon, but some thing that was maybe fabric based, like canvas that just keeps out the worst of the rain. Most of the time sitting at Ibrox in winter its cold anyway - but if the rain is slanting into the front of the stands the current stand roofs only offer protection if you sit far back - its not a lot of fun.

Used to goto the Bernabeau on a regular basis and they have heaters in the stand to help with the cold weather - doesn't get cold too often in Madrid but at least they have some form of protection for when it does. Roofs are a good idea but expensive - heaters would be a start.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of it yes. Why should we shield young players away from the weather? Too pampered from a young age. One of many things thats wrong with the game. They want to be pros but can't play in all weather conditions so we just play in the sunshine to protect pro footballers from rain and cold? Not for me.

That's just nonsense, poor facilities and not enough kids playing football are two things wrong with our game, both completely contradict your point.

Kids should be playing football in an environment conducive to improving their abilities.

I'm still waiting for an answer, can one of the summerites please explain how you are going to fit a current 10 month season into the 6 summer months season???

The league could close for Jan and Feb. I don't even like getting out of bed then, never mind to the football. Its the same with most people I know.

The league could close for Jan and Feb. I don't even like getting out of bed then, never mind to the football. Its the same with most people I know.

so what if its bad weather in Nov and Dec and good in January and February.

We should just man up and get on with it, not as if we have bad winters . Try living in Germany or Poland

Part of it yes. Why should we shield young players away from the weather? Too pampered from a young age. One of many things thats wrong with the game. They want to be pros but can't play in all weather conditions so we just play in the sunshine to protect pro footballers from rain and cold? Not for me.

they are not too pampered - I watch my 15 year olds team they are out playing in shite weather and hating it - just as I was playing in shite weather and hating it 30 years ago when i done it. Next you'll be saying blaze pitches makes you a better player and we should go back to that.

so what if its bad weather in Nov and Dec and good in January and February.

We should just man up and get on with it, not as if we have bad winters . Try living in Germany or Poland

There's a three week winter break in Germany

I am majorly against summer football. Aye it would be great to sit and sup a pint on a warm Saturday then stroll round to watch rangers in the sun. Berwick away in 2012 a fine example but I am a traditionalist football is a winter sport. Most fans do other stuff in the summer that they would lose out on. Keep it in winter I say when football should be played

Should be moved to the Winter Olympics really. What were the Olympic Committee thinking? Derranged bastards!

On a side note, why all the double letters in committee? No wonder the take so long to do things. Stuttery c*nts. :unsure: