Darren Cole, Kai Naismith Et Al....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really surprised McCabe is at Dunfermline. He looked like a really decent prospect when he broke through with us and he must still only be 23 or 24.

Regardless of my feelings on him, I struggle to believe that there wasn't an SPL club where he could have earned and held down a first team place.

I'm really surprised McCabe is at Dunfermline. He looked like a really decent prospect when he broke through with us and he must still only be 23 or 24.

Regardless of my feelings on him, I struggle to believe that there wasn't an SPL club where he could have earned and held down a first team place.

Iirc he was at St Johnstone and another Premiership club training over the summer and never earned a deal. I thought he was a tidy midfielder. Preferred Ness (if he could stay injury free) out of the two tbh.

Iirc he was at St Johnstone and another Premiership club training over the summer and never earned a deal. I thought he was a tidy midfielder. Preferred Ness (if he could stay injury free) out of the two tbh.

Yeah it was St Johnstone

I liked Bendikson too - I'm sure the 4-2 game against the tarriers in the end Ness, McCabe and Bendikson were all on the park in midfield and controlling the game with ease? or 2/3 of them anyway at least

Yeah it was St Johnstone

I liked Bendikson too - I'm sure the 4-2 game against the tarriers in the end Ness, McCabe and Bendikson were all on the park in midfield and controlling the game with ease? or 2/3 of them anyway at least

Nah none of them played in the 4-2 game, only McCabe played in the 3-2 game as well. Bendiksen left before McCabe made his debut I'm sure.

Any idea why neither of them gave him a deal?

I liked both of them and thought they would have complemented each other rally well because Ness was a lot more elegant whereas McCabe had a bit more aggression and tenacity about him.

Any idea why neither of them gave him a deal?

I liked both of them and thought they would have complemented each other rally well because Ness was a lot more elegant whereas McCabe had a bit more aggression and tenacity about him.

From what I remember they just never quite clicked. Ness being made of glass killed him and he kinda reminds me of Kevin Thomson that way. Could've been so much better. Having to slum it in League 1 might be a good thing for McCabe and be the kick up the arse he needs.