Warburton, Miller & MOH Post Match Interviews (Alloa)

Laudrup1984

4 hours ago, lutonblue said:

No, most of it was woeful finishing 

I don't deny that for one minute, but it's been the case for far too many games this season, especially as the opposition 'claim' to have sussed us out.

All I'm trying to say is that if we continue with this walking the ball into the net, the opposition will feel that they can defend their area easier and easier as there's no risk of anything else happening.

I sincerely believe we need to whack a few balls into the box and see what happens in the mess after some defender or keeper blocks it. For that to work though, we do need more of our players in the area.

And of course, the short corners are a waste of time in the majority of occasions.

I've got no issues whatsoever with what Warbs is saying. Sometimes it just doesn't come off for you. Finishing, though is a genuine problem. What is it that other teams (including St Johnston) do that means they can defend in their own half for most of a match and then score with a set piece, when we can't score from umpteen? There are times when we take a shot into a crowd, for example, when quick feet might either bring about a goal or draw out a foul and therefore a penalty.

Their analysis team will be looking at this like mad, but it does require something different. Perhaps it's a mindset. When you know you are going to get a lot of chances, maybe a bit of casualness creeps in. Then, when you haven't scored and the match is ending, you become frantic and wasteful. Maybe if you know you will get one, two or at most three chances, the concentration level is there. Just thinking out loud.