Dave Smith

BEE

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Failed miserably in Europe

Nah, I'm not getting drawn into this kinda stupid argument. I am not going to disrespect legends just to win an argument with you because I am guessing you don't like Gough, McCoist and Brown for entirely non-football reasons.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, legalbeagle said:

Nah, I'm not getting drawn into this kinda stupid argument. I am not going to disrespect legends just to win an argument with you because I am guessing you don't like Gough, McCoist and Brown for entirely non-football reasons.

Please explain your definition of a Rangers Legend? two of the names you mentions above one gave the two fingers up ypu to Rangers Supporters and one other stated we died. Can you name them?

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Please explain your definition of a Rangers Legend? two of the names you mentions above one gave the two fingers up ypu to Rangers Supporters and one other stated we died. Can you name them?

Well, proved my point at least, thanks for that. Enjoy your hating.

You think I will look a clown for claiming that Goram, Gough, Brown, Ferguson, McCall and McCoist are Rangers legends?

No I know you to be a clown when you named three of them and gave you a chance re name the two re something a legend would never do. 

You seem to have jumped away from the silly statements you make about the retail deal and figures

1 minute ago, Forever Blue2 said:

No I know you to be a clown when you named three of them and gave you a chance re name the two re something a legend would never do. 

You seem to have jumped away from the silly statements you make about the retail deal and figures

i have been known to waste hours on some pointless, tiresome arguments on this forum in my time, but this isn't one that is happening. You disrespect these guys who have given their all for the cause, scored goals against our enemies and lifted countless trophies. I don't have to defend them, and am pretty comfortable in my position as a Rangers fan by referring to them as legends.

33 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Failed miserably in Europe

25 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Point proven, you can't answer as it will make you look a clown

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

For a relatively new poster you seem to have a very negative and bad attitude towards the club and fellow fans. 

Do you really support Rangers ?

Just now, tannerall said:

For a relatively new poster you seem to have a very negative and bad attitude towards the club an fellow fans. 

Do you really support Rangers ?

Give it a rest the guy LE talks rubbish. Gough /Brown are not legends in my eyes one stated we died and I will never forget the day Brown gave two fingers to us at Dens Park and then in our darkest moment tried to foster 2 bankrupt bheast on us a saviours all for the sake of him getting commission

If you think this is legend status then I pity you

27 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Well, proved my point at least, thanks for that. Enjoy your hating.

What are you even doing in this thread apart from looking for an argument. You have not mentioned Dave Smith once and apologies if I'm wrong but it just seems your only interest is looking for a point to differ with another poster. JB was just brought up as an example (maybe wrongly) of where former players differ and how some seem to be more 'in' than others.

4 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

What are you even doing in this thread apart from looking for an argument. You have not mentioned Dave Smith once and apologies if I'm wrong but it just seems your only interest is looking for a point to differ with another poster. JB was just brought up as an example (maybe wrongly) of where former players differ and some seem to be more 'in' than others.

I was in the Boardroom and Financial forum (always a mistake:rolleyes:) when this guy started the argument, so left for the Bear's Den and he's carrying it on here. 

Might have got away with it last year when the whole RM forum was depressed and arguing/nit picking, but in these renewed optimistic times, he stands out like a sore thumb with the negativity.

Shame he's ruining this thread cause Davie Smith, as you'll see from my previous posts in this thread, was a favourite player of mine..

5 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

What are you even doing in this thread apart from looking for an argument. You have not mentioned Dave Smith once and apologies if I'm wrong but it just seems your only interest is looking for a point to differ with another poster. JB was just brought up as an example (maybe wrongly) of where former players differ and how some seem to be more 'in' than others.

Ok-dokes, ta-ra

2 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Dave Smith had a magic wand for a left peg.

If I had a magic wand I would wave it and give every Barca Bear a ticket for life.

They should have had the freedom of Glasgow too, at the time. One of the nation's greatest football achievements.

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Give it a rest the guy LE talks rubbish. Gough /Brown are not legends in my eyes one stated we died and I will never forget the day Brown gave two fingers to us at Dens Park and then in our darkest moment tried to foster 2 bankrupt bheast on us a saviours all for the sake of him getting commission

If you think this is legend status then I pity you

You can pity me all you like dickhead but don't make assumptions of what I think until you know the facts you pompous little cretin. 

Rangers fan my arse. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

I was in the Boardroom and Financial forum (always a mistake:rolleyes:) when this guy started the argument, so left for the Bear's Den and he's carrying it on here. 

Might have got away with it last year when the whole RM forum was depressed and arguing/nit picking, but in these renewed optimistic times, he stands out like a sore thumb with the negativity.

Shame he's ruining this thread cause Davie Smith, as you'll see from my previous posts in this thread, was a favourite player of mine..

I am of the age to have seen Dave and to get a player like this after losing the great JB was stunning. A game against the bheast at New Year when players falling about all over the place Dave strode through the game dictating the play for us,

Smith was one of the classiest players at a time when all that cup winning team were real strong characters, all individually  gifted, and legends in their own right (although Alfie Conn kind of let us down subsequently) and of course we mustn't forget another classy great Ronnie McKinnon who unfortunately broke his leg against Sportig Lisbon in an earlier round, and Colin Jackson who failed a fitness test before the final. All of them played a major part in the success. 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Smith was one of the classiest players at a time when all that cup winning team were real strong characters, all individually  gifted, and legends in their own right (although Alfie Conn kind of let us down subsequently) and of course we mustn't forget another classy great Ronnie McKinnon who unfortunately broke his leg against Sportig Lisbon in an earlier round, and Colin Jackson who failed a fitness test before the final. All of them played a major part in the success. 

We are talking about a team who turned the tide against a dominating celtic and went on to European glory, what more could you ask for.

6 hours ago, Bears said:

Just to be clear, you are condemning John Brown for not paying for his tickets?

I don't mind ex players getting free tickets if they're doing some meet and greet with the fans in return. If they're just on a jolly then they can pay for it.

As I live abroad, I watch the matches on RTV, and Smith spent the whole match slagging off the current side. Nothing was good enough for him. I'm not saying anything negative about him as a player, nor am I saying that he should or should not pay for tickets. What I do know is that his endless criticism and negativity of the team on RTV does absolutely no good. I personally wouldn't have him commentating again.

33 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I don't mind ex players getting free tickets if they're doing some meet and greet with the fans in return. If they're just on a jolly then they can pay for it.

As I live abroad, I watch the matches on RTV, and Smith spent the whole match slagging off the current side. Nothing was good enough for him. I'm not saying anything negative about him as a player, nor am I saying that he should or should not pay for tickets. What I do know is that his endless criticism and negativity of the team on RTV does absolutely no good. I personally wouldn't have him commentating again.

So you want them to earn free tickets?  What about players unable to do a meet and greet for health reasons, would you exclude them?

On 12/03/2016 at 1:13 AM, BEE said:

Played in two cup winners cup finals for us but still paying £750 a season to watch us from Bar 72. What a guy.

Absolutely disgusted that we can find a place in the directors box for Houston but not him.

Fundraiser for him in Falkirk coming up which I'm sure will be well attended!

On 12/03/2016 at 1:25 AM, The Beast said:

Totally agree. A top Rangers man and gentleman. The fact that the current regime values cancers like Houston above him is abysmal.

Couldn't agree more, to both.