Chairman Thanks The Fans

AlBear.

We are all looking forward to competing at the highest level and once again delivering the success that Rangers fans deserve. Our supporters, as ever, have played a key role in our success and your contribution will not be forgotten – or taken for granted.

I hope you all enjoy today’s celebrations. It will be a proud moment to see the trophy being presented after the game knowing we will be back competing in the top flight next season and beyond.

On behalf of the Board, Management Team and Staff at Rangers, I thank you for your continued and loyal support.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairman-thanks-fans-loyalty/

Winning the cup final and getting us european football a year ahead of schedule will make up for the extra year it's taken us to get back to the top league. It will be the icing on the cake for a great season. We need to forget the last 2 games and just go all out to lift that 3rd trophy. Show the rest of scottish football how to get a treble. That's what we do best.

Everyone is proud of the direction the club is going and can't wait for next season. Thank you Mr King and every member of the board, who has made this past year of the journey so enjoyable.

It's great to be a Bear :uk:

P.S. Get the cheque book oot :wink:

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Winning the cup final and getting us european football a year ahead of schedule will make up for the extra year it's taken us to get back to the top league. It will be the icing on the cake for a great season. We need to forget the last 2 games and just go all out to lift that 3rd trophy. Show the rest of scottish football how to get a treble. That's what we do best.

Everyone is proud of the direction the club is going and can't wait for next season. Thank you Mr King and every member of the board, who has made this past year of the journey so enjoyable.

It's great to be a Bear :uk:

P.S. Get the cheque book oot :wink:

Superb post mate 

I'm a little worried about the cup final. I remember going for B2B trebles in the mid 90's, with just dundump hibernians to beat, and wrapping up the league with 6-7 games to go and similarly losing a few of those games then getting beat 1-0 by them in the final. Seems a very similar thing is happening just now. I hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Excluding last 2 games .Better get finger out as a massive game has to be won in 4 weeks just to put icing on the cake 

As I said, we need to forget the last 2 games. If we had something to be playing for, then it would be a massive worry. A laboured performance over the last 2 games is something I can accept under the circumstances. No injuries and a bit of a rest. If Hibs think they are going to be coming up against the same Rangers in the final, they are dumber than they look (if that's possible). If we lose the final, then that will start to raise serious concerns, but I honestly think the team are keeping some in reserve. Understandably so imo. An epic finish to the season is on the horizon and we'll be well up for it. Bring it on!

Chairmen don't win leagues.  Boards don't win leagues.   The players win leagues under the leadership and influence of the Manager.  

The Chairman and the Board provide the framework and dosh for making league and cup wins happen so fair do's for achieving that and for keeping Rangers on the back pages of newspapers and not the front pages.   But let's not get too carried away with the contribution of King and the Board.

They did well to appoint MW and DW and to authorise the other staff appointments.   Without doubt MW and DW have made a huge positive difference.   Their credit for winning the league cannot be understated.  

However............... King and the Board have enjoyed the benefit or riding on the back of the success that MW, DW and the squad have generated this season.   Basking in that is fine for now.  But soon.  Very very soon they will announce ST prices for next season.   And with that they are going to have to find the funds for MW and DW to assemble a team to win 55.  Whether its 55 next season or the season after is another matter.  But as MW has said a few times now 2nd is as good as last.  That's not strictly true of course as last in reality would be nothing short of football disaster.  But I know what he means.    So if 2nd is not good enough for Rangers next season then King and the Board will need to turf out dosh on top of ST sales and commercial revenue to close the gap that MW insists is still there. 

Not just close it but create a gap the other way by winning the Premiership title.   Now then Mr King - where is the substance of that fabled £30m you used to mention a lot when you were forcing a regime change?   I suspect a fair bit of that will be needed not only to close the gap but to overturn it if the aim is to do this quickly.   The evidence of what needs to be massively improved has been there in quite a few recent league games and again today.   MW and the squad have done their bit for this season (and could yet do more in the cup final).  Time approaches for King and the Board to step up to the financial plate to do their bit for next season,