Warburton hopes to complete the majority of signings by June 18th

MasterD

7 hours ago, Willis said:

Youre right, but what does him saying it acheive?

If he says he wants six and gets them then no one bats an eye, they just say "well he got the 6 players he wanted"

If he doesnt manage to get all 6 then the rumor and speculation starts.

He doesnt need to say how many he wants, it gives him no advantage whatsoever, just gives a benchmark to the fans and the media who will comment if its not reached.

I said the same about King when he said he wanted X amount of players brought in.

Id prefer they'd just do their transfer business in private and only mention it when we've made a signing.

Look what happened when the tarriers paraded Mo Johnston in a celtic top only for him to sign for us shortly after, I know this isnt the same but it’s the kind of thing I want us to avoid.

That said, its not a huge deal, just something im not a huge fan of.

Fuck sake read the article, no numbers have been mentioned by MW, no player has been named by MW, business is being done in private look at start of last season for a very good example (hell even January) all of a sudden players were signed without press having a clue, same as January, only player that appeared in press was MOH and that wasn't down to Rangers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the critiscism and cynicism about the manager saying things confidently from some posters ? Just trolling ?

We will  have 6 signings. (Or more)

2 already, probably soon be three. 

If they have been working on this since January then the players have already been identified and I am sure they know they are as good as signed already, especially if they are loans.

10 hours ago, Willis said:

This is my only problem with Warburton, I wish he wouldn't say these things, I wish he wouldn't talk about how many players he wants or who he wants or when he wants them.

It only sets a goal that he'll either achieve - in which case big deal

Or he won't get them in time or he won't get them all then people use his quote to criticize him. Saying he wants 6 pplayers by the 18th does no one any favours

He says it publicly for a good reason. He wants it to happen this way and knows saying it early and publicly increases the chances of it happening - let's the board know what he expects and puts a wee bit of pressure on them to deliver and do their bit. Remember his business background, he knows how this type of workplace politics works. I like it! 

1 hour ago, Iguana said:

He says it publicly for a good reason. He wants it to happen this way and knows saying it early and publicly increases the chances of it happening - let's the board know what he expects and puts a wee bit of pressure on them to deliver and do their bit. Remember his business background, he knows how this type of workplace politics works. I like it! 

Completely agree. Dick Advocaat was never afraid of declaring his intentions, its a sign of a confident, strong leader. Set the strategy and execute it. Would much rather this than some of the truly bizarre on/off field decisions we've had the misfortune to witness ... buying Lovenpants then playing him out of position for his entire Rangers career being one that still baffles me to this day.